Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,346 Gold!

PHOTO-GALLERY HELP GUIDE

We have received a number of questions about how to use the member photo gallery and have decided to put together this quick and easy help guide.

(Please note pictures must be no more than 1200px by 1200px)

Each member has allotted to them space to upload their own personal photographs to share with the rest of the community. When you upload your photographs, an icon will appear below each of your posts with a link to your photogallery (Look at the bottom of my post for an example of the photo icon).

One of the top questions we receive is how to upload photographs. The way our system is designed, it is a requirement for you to first create a photograph album before you upload photographs.

While everyone has photograph space, unless you create an album you can not utilize that space and upload photographs.

Here are the detailed steps:

Go to this link, making sure you are logged into your account:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/gallery/

Click on the Admin Mode:

user posted image

The system will enter the Admin mode, it might take a 5-15 seconds. Now let's create your photograph album. Click on "Create/order my albums":

user posted image

A box will appear on the screen where you can edit, delete and create your photograph albums. Click on the New button and a new photograph album will appear in the list named "New Album" - you can change the name by using the text box.

user posted image

When you are happy with the name of the album, click on the APPLY MODIFICATIONS button. You will receive a confirmation screen which you can click to confirm your additions or changes.

Congrats! You have now created your photograph album. The next step is to upload your photographs. Click on "Upload File":

user posted image

You will now be presented with a box list which you can upload multiple files. We suggest you upload 1 file at a time and to make sure that the files you upload are not huge. For example, the file size show only be 3 megabytes max and the size should be no more than 1200 x 1200.

The rest of the steps are self-explanatory. Just follow the on screen prompts. The most common question we received was how to upload photographs and once you create a photograph album, you should be able to upload your photographs with no major problems.

If you have any more questions, please let us know!

Good Luck!

photo.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 17-Mar-2007, 07:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

How does one change the file size?
For example, some of my photo files are 5 megabytes.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 17-Mar-2007, 08:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,346 Gold!

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 17-Mar-2007, 09:08 AM)
How does one change the file size?
For example, some of my photo files are 5 megabytes.

Thats a very good question.

Because Celtic Radio has limited funds we can not host super large photographs in our member photo gallery.

You will need to reduce the size of the photograph. I personally use paintshop pro to perform this action. If you have this application, check the help files on reducing photographs.

Here is a great site I found that has a help guide on this process using free tools:

http://www.rideau-info.com/photos/changesize.html

We can also reduce your photograph for you. Just email it to us and we will send it back to you.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 26-Mar-2007, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I tried the download recommended in your link and it seems to work. I have added a couple of photos to my gallery and will add more over time.
Thanks Mac!!! thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
jesstuss 
  Posted: 07-Apr-2007, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

Realm: New England

female

Wow, thanks for that help. I was fumbling quite a bit until I found this forum. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
We begin where our ancestors end...but wherefore go our children?
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 08-Apr-2007, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,346 Gold!

QUOTE (jesstuss @ 08-Apr-2007, 12:14 AM)
Wow, thanks for that help. I was fumbling quite a bit until I found this forum. thumbsup.gif

Your welcome. We made some changes that may help.

Under the service menu you can now click "My Photos" - if you are logged in and you have created an album, you wil be sent to that album.

Otherwise, the system will redirect you to this thread for help on setting up your album.

Its all part of "My Services" now offered under the services menu.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Jun-2007, 03:40 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Goodness! I literally cannot believe this! How long have I been on this site? a few years and I have NEVER been able to upload images into a gallery till tonight! I was so shocked! I don't know what happened, but for some reason it worked. Before that I always got that stupid "java script error." Will be seeing the Wicked Tinkers next month and want to add them to my gallery! yay!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 02-Jun-2007, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,346 Gold!

Slowly but surely all of the kinds are being worked out! smile.gif

Glad it works now!

biggrin.gif
Harlot 
Posted: 04-Aug-2008, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

This really helped me put alot as I was having a time trying to do this,but it will have to wait till tomorrow night have to get ready for work now.

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Leelee 
Posted: 09-Aug-2008, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Well I figured everything out; states that I uploaded successfully, continued to save to the album.....but when I view my Gallery or Album, there are no images.....???????? Please help me wacko.gif
PM               
Leelee 
Posted: 14-Aug-2008, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

female

Ha, ha laugh.gif note.gif I did it note.gif biggrin.gif thumbs_up.gif
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 15-Aug-2008, 10:11 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

LeeLee, I can certainly understand. I am not real good at tech stuff and just uploading three photos in my gallery was a challenge! laugh.gif

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 24-Aug-2008, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Help please someone.

I downloaded some pics on the members photographs and into the general photographs that I wanted in my profile.
How can I delete the ones that I downloaded in the general photographs section so that I can reload them in my profile?

Thanks LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Leelee 
Posted: 24-Aug-2008, 04:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

female

If I am correct;

1. Click on Edit Profile at the Top Menu of CR Menu (where you would check for New Posts etc).

2. Click on Profile now at the top of your screen.

3. Scroll down to Upload Photos and click on that in LOA's Photograph Section.
This should bring up all your photos.

4. Click on which pictures you want to delete. It will say "Delete These Files".

Unfortunately, this has also happened to me. The only way I know how to relocate the photos is delete them and start over.

I am also having some difficulty placing new pictures from a new designated album into my Profile.

Is there anyone out there that could assist us so that we can save our new album pics in our profile? smile.gif
PM               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 24-Aug-2008, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

I tried that Leelee and sorry to say it doesn't work when one dowloads into the general photographs section.It does in one's profile.

If I want to delete pics in downloaded in my profile it's o.k but there is no "delete this file" anywhere that I can see in the general pics section.

LOA
PM My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]