DesertRose 
Posted: 09-Jan-2007, 04:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Since we're starting a new year, 2007, I am sure this is an area of concern for a lot of people to want to get healthy and fit. Anyone want to recommend some good books regarding this topic? Here are a couple I highly recommend.

1. You On a Diet -- The Owner's Manual for Waist Management, Michael F Roizen, MD and Mehmet C. Oz, MD (you may have seen these doctors on Oprah). Excellent book and has more to do with body health than dieting.

2. Total Body Makeover in 12 Weeks, Bob Green (this guy is on Oprah,too) Can you tell I like the Oprah show? wink.gif biggrin.gif

Ok, next! smile.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
mainopsman 
Posted: 08-Dec-2007, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Dundalk, Maryland

male

The best book I have found that really works is the "ABS Diet" by David Zinczenko and Ted Spiker. It's understandable, and easy to follow. The authors are the writers for "Mens Health" magazine. This orange covered book is mostly for men however, there is an edition (Light green cover) called "The ABS Diet for Women" that address the special diet issues for women.

Both books also have an extensive exercise section and sample menues. How good is it? Well in the first 8 weeks I lost 42 pounds, and i'm keeping it off.

JIM (mainopsman)

--------------------
Dedicate some of your life to others. Your dedication will not be a sacrifice. It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end. Dr. Thomas Dooley
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 09-Dec-2007, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

mainopsman, that is pretty impressive! 42 lbs is a lot of weight in a very short time! Will have to check out both book for hubby and myself. Thanks! thumbs_up.gif
mainopsman 
Posted: 23-Feb-2008, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Dundalk, Maryland

male

Just an update on my "ABS DIET" I have now lost 82 lbs, almost down to where I want to be. And a total of 12 inches off my waist. I still get to the gym at least three times a week, this helps too.

JIM (mainopsman)
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 25-Feb-2008, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey mainopsman! that is really terrific news and I bet you are so excited, not to mention the fact that you are feeling better!

I read and saw on TV about this Cardio Free diet. What do you all think about that? The author says we should be focusing more on strength training than anything. Interesting!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt