Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,328 Gold!

Wow, what a huge festival located in Canton, Massachusetts this weekend. The line up of musicians is incredible for all three days including Ashley MacIsaac, Eileen Ivers, Gaelic Storm to name just a few.

Here is a press release about the event:

New Englanders are getting ready to celebrate their Irish heritage at the 15th annual Irish Connections Festival on the weekend of June 10-12, 2005 in Canton, Massachusetts. The Irish Cultural Centre of New England hosts the event (formerly called the Stonehill Irish Festival) each year at its 46 acre campus just 10 miles south of Boston.

Headlining this year's festival are fiddle stars Eileen Ivers and Ashley MacIsaac,  Irish rockers the Prodigals and Bagatelle, and traditional stars Sean Keane (left) and Gaelic Storm. Noted writers include novelist Frank Delaney, author of Ireland, and New York City detective Edward Conlon, author of Blue Blood.

The Gaelic Athletic Association plays Irish football, hurling and camogie throughout the weekend, and traditional musicians perform in session tents throughout the grounds. Other activities include genealogy workshops, step dancing and ceili dancing, Irish language classes, a Bard of the Festival poetry contest, a Harp Tent devoted to Ireland's national instrument, and a children's village offering unlimited carnival rides, face-painting, Celtic calligraphy, sidewalk art, and a petting zoo.

Anyone living in the New England aria might want to consider stopping by. Only $15 for any day and that includes unlimited carnival rides for the kiddies.

We are actually only the next town over, but unfortunately with Mrs. MacFive sick and extremely hot tempertures we are going to pass this year - but definitely next year we will be there.

If anyone goes, post a message here about how it was! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 11-Jun-2005, 10:10 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Wow, carnival rides!! That would be such a good way to get my family interested in these Irish and Scottish Festivals. I've only been to 2 festivals and they didn't have rides.

Mr. MacFive, I'm sorry that Mrs. Macfive (your better half) is sick. I hope she recovers really fast.

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Jun-2005, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,328 Gold!

Yes, she is recovering nicely. Bad case of Bronchitis and such, but the good weather and good cooking by her hubby is helping! biggrin.gif

I am very interested in the Irish Festivals and such. I have been to many Scottish, but somehow I feel like I am missing out on this whole other culture. Have a few new books on Irish Names, Counties, Coat of Arms, etc.

My plans are definitely to attend next year - the Irish Connections Festival!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 12-Jun-2005, 08:08 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I'm glad Mrs. Macfive is feeling better! I'm sure your good cooking and lots of TLC is the key to her recovery! biggrin.gif
Have a good week!

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]