Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 02-May-2008, 05:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Hey CR, hope the minor surgery stuff goes alright for you today. If you have a purple cast maybe you can wear a purple shoe to the wedding?!?!
Anyway, hope you get better soon.
Not much going on with me. Work is slow due to the economy.
Hope all is well for everyone else.
Good to see you Haynes! biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ballydun 
Posted: 02-May-2008, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

I have missed you all! Things are so busy that I seem to put Celtic Radio on the bottom of the list too often.

It is so good to catch up with everyone. Thinsg here are just plodding along as usual. I am resigning from my position as Girl Scout Leader. I just don't have enough time or energy to do that anymore. Besides, I don't think the girls are as into it anymore either. Not as much fun as when they were younger.

The shop is doing OK. With prices as they are it is hard to get items imported and still be able to make any money selling them, but we are finding a lot of great products made in the US with the Celtic themes and traditions.

Our Festival is in a few weeks, ( May 17). I invite everyone to come out and see me, but I realize I am in a part of the country far from most of you. It will be a fun fest with a Rugby 7s tournament, hurling games, Gaelic Football as well as the other traditional athletic events, piping, dancing and obviously drinking cheers.gif

Well, I pinky swear I will try to get here more often and keep up with everyone.

Take care and God Bless you all!

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-May-2008, 08:05 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

ballydun! Great to hear from you! You have a festival coming up? I have not heard about it. If it is a Celtic festival, have you posted it in the Celtic festival section? Man! I sure wish I could go as I soooooooooooooo love NM! I would live there in a heart beat if I could!

Business is hard for everyone right now. We own our own business here in town and we all feel the pinch as well. In fact, we had purchased a brand new SUV a year and a half ago, but had to sell it a couple months ago as we could not make the payments. Really broke my heart at first, but I got over it. It is only a vehicle. I now have a Toyota Tacoma pickup truck that is paid for and figure this.......I love this truck all the more! God is so good! Always been a firm believe that God does not take anything from you that He does not provide any better. He continues to prove that to me.

JP! So great to hear from you! Had my minor surgery of my foot/ankle this afternoon. Still pretty numbed up so far I feel pretty good and trying to use this time to play catch up. Doctors orders is that I am to be off my feet for the next 3-4 days. But I have family coming in for a wedding and I know that is not going to be possible. Oh well. In the meantime, I am trying to play catch up on emails and such.

Btw, I went from a purple cast to a small blue one! LOL

Hugs to all.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gwenlee 
Posted: 03-May-2008, 07:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey everyone. Like everyone else I have been very busy. It looks like I won't be around as much because I am taking an extra job. It will only be about 3 to 4 times a month at a local hospital, but that mean now I have to less free time. Like every one else we too are feeling the pinch of the economy. And with 2 in college this fall it will be tight.

I spent the day in the north Georgia mountains yesterday. I have to do paper work for my new job. Afterwards I took my mom and her sister out for lunch. That was a lot of fun. Then I had to go and get permits for a power meter to be put up at our property. The county charged 200 dollars for it almost as much as it would be for a building permit. When I called my husband to let him know he was livid. We should have done it 3 years ago when it was only 50 dollars. So today I have to call my cousin and set up a time for him to make our current box up to code.
CR please rest as ordered. If you don't you can cause problems for yourself.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe weekend

gwenlee
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 03-May-2008, 11:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Anyone going to watch the Kentucky Derby today? I am. I kind of forget about the "sport of kings", until today. My favorite is Denis of Cork, an Irish-owned colt!
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 04-May-2008, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey everyone!

I'm here at my parents' house, doing laundry and looking through the help wanted ads.

Yesterday, I went to 5:30PM Mass at a church in a neighboring town. This church, St. James at Sag Bridge, is one of the oldest churches in the archdiocese, predating the diocese itself. It was founded for the Irish working on the Illinois and Michigan Canal (it's even mentioned in a song that can be found here on CelticRadio, "I & M Canal" by Arranmore). They're celebrating their 175th Anniversary this year.

I've got some pictures posted on my Flickr account if anyone is interested.

http://flickr.com/photos/mdf3530/

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 06-May-2008, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 02-May-2008, 10:05 PM)
Had my minor surgery of my foot/ankle this afternoon. Still pretty numbed up so far I feel pretty good and trying to use this time to play catch up....

I TOLD you to stop kicking Fred! Now see what you've done to yerself.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm just messin' with ya. Sorry to hear about the sprain & the damage there... I tore tendons in my knee last fall and its just now stopped hurting like 10,000 billygoats. (And that's a world'a hurt, believe me.)
How did the wedding go? I swear there must be love in the air. I went to a bridal shower for a friend of my kids last Sunday afternoon, then found out later that same afternoon our sweet niece is now engaged and planning to get married in November. Her engagement ring is a heart-shaped diamond! I've never seen one before except in magazines and it was so sweet.

MDF, I always enjoy looking at your photos - thanks for sharing!

Hello all, its good to see you here! Hey Gwen, we were going to get a power box set up at our barn too but hubby heard it was expensive, so for now we've just got a very long extension cord for the tack room light plugged into the outlet on the back of the house. thumbs_up.gif It'll do for us, but wouldn't quite help your situation! Hope everything continues to progress nicely for you. Oh, my husband got transferred to an office in Carrollton last week, and his group covers nearly up to where you used to live. He's sure happy to be closer to home. I like it too; he gets home about 5:30 and I'm waiting with my 'Honey-Do' List. wink.gif

Susan

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 06-May-2008, 06:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

Susan, Glad to hear your hubby got a job transfer closer to home. I am sure it saves a lot on gas. My hubby and I are very blessed in that he works at our church and I teach at our church which is less than 5 minutes from here. If we have to move (another story, for another time), we are looking at moving into my brother's house that he has been trying to sell for three years (he was asking too much) . That house is even closer to where we work. We can walk if we have to .
School will be out May 23 - Yeah! Then things will get crazier in my life. I'm glad that I can "talk" to y'all here on CR.
Thanks for listening!

Jennie

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 07-May-2008, 09:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Awesome pictures, Mike. The grotto was gorgeous.

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 08-May-2008, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Things were nice and quiet today. The granddaughter is with her other grandparents for a few days. The wife is at work, and the kids are all out with firends. Work was still and boring as ever. The usual snafus for me to try to fix. I need to find a job that lets me use my brain once in a while. I managed to save a little money today. While looking through the bargin bin CD's a KMArt I came across Loreena McKennitt's Live in Paris and Toronto CD or only $2.99. That makes up a teeny tiny bit for the $3.86 a gallon gas price.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 10-May-2008, 10:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

I am so jealous - I had that two cd set and somehow I managed to lose one of the cd's! And it's my favourite. Wish I could find it for that kind of price.

Well, this is one of those times I really hope that things do not happen in threes. First, my SO got a call at work today that his uncle had died. He was only in his 60's but the man was an alcoholic and, although it seemed sudden, it was one of those things that everybody sort of expected.

Then, my dad called me tonight to tell me that my great-aunt died today. She was 90 and had Alzheimer's. When we moved out to Los Angeles, the only part of our family we were near was my great-aunt, uncle, and cousin. The rest of the family was back in Rhode Island. So we were pretty close. I'll never forget that my aunt used to make crepes that we called "miserable crepes" - not that they were bad or anything - they were delicious. I just don't know where we got the name. Yep, Aunt Belle and her miserable crepes. What memories.

So, I'm really hoping that everybody else stays healthy. Tough, tough weekend.

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 11-May-2008, 02:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

Good morning, I am up only because we are under a severe thunderstorm watch and a tornado warning at this moment. The Wather Channel said last night that it wouldn't be "here" until around dawn - well, as usual, they are wrong and it decided start about an hour ago. It is now 4:30 a.m. and so I decided that I would roam around CR while listening to the thunder and rain.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 11-May-2008, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Wow. What a busy weekend. Went to the twin cities to do some shopping around. Managed to pick up a Dr. Jekyll model, and a new cap from the Irish store on Grand. The one Irish store in the Mall of America is gone now but I kind of figured that would happened. They still have a store in another part of town so I'm not worried. The big Christian bookstore is all but closed down now too and there is still alot of construction and roadwork going on. Gas was 30-35 cents cheaper than my hometown. MOA now has Nick toons for its amusement park theme-its no longer Camp Snoopy but some of the new rides looked pretty cool. On was a giant skateboard with seats at both ends that turn while the skateboard goes back and forth on a "U' shaped track. The other rollar coaster is pretty cool too. Imagine a tilt-a-whirl car on a rollar coaster track and you pretty much have the idea. After the hustle and bustle of the city and not looking foreward to boring work tomorrow.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-May-2008, 09:38 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Greetings all,

Sorry I have not been around but between my ankle/foot, family wedding and family from out of state being here for the week, things have been a wee bit hectic to say the least.

Our niece's wedding was really beautiful. Took some photos but they're not that great as my flash batteries were going dead and I was hobbling around like a gimp and took what I could.

Really enjoyed the family from Oregon. Sad to see them go, but then we all find home to be the best, eh?

I go back to the podiatrist next week to check on my ankle/foot. Took my last antibiotic today. Still have a couple knots on the extremity and if they don't go down before I see the doc, I fear he will have an MRI done and possible out-patient surgery at the hospital. So we're playing it all by ear.

It is getting very hot here in the desert. Fire hazards and and camping restrictions are up now.

Been out trying to take photos of desert blooms but we're dealing with a lot of wind so all have come out not sharp enough for me...boo hoo. In the meantime, I bought a cactus for my back yard that will bloom next year. This way I won't have to drive all over town trying to get a good shot should the wind be up.

Great to hear from you all! Take care and speak to you soon.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 13-May-2008, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello everyone!

I'm here at the library, using the internet and listening to my iPod.

Rose, I'm glad to hear you had a good time at your niece's wedding. I hope your foot/ankle starts feeling better soon.

Robert, I was at the Mall of America years ago. That place is really overwhelming. Too big for my tastes.

Gwynhwyvar, there is only weather website I trust and that's the National Weather Service. It ain't a pretty website, but it's better than the Weather Channel.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]