Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Christmas Is About Christ!, Exceeding Great Joy!
haynes9 
Posted: 11-Dec-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Thought I'd just post a few Scriptures relating to the birth of my Lord Jesus. I hope everyone has a wonderful season this year. There is so much heartache and sadness in this old world, but the Babe of Bethlehem who will one day come again gives hope in a dark place.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Isaiah 9:6-7 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. (KJV 1611)

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
haynes9 
Posted: 15-Dec-2013, 01:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

Isaiah 7:14 - Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. (KJV 1611)

He was and is the greatest Christmas gift of all!
haynes9 
Posted: 23-Dec-2013, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

Have always loved the old song "We Three Kings." Of course, the number of wise men is unknown. The number "three" was probably given in tradition because there were three gifts. It is interesting to nite that when these men came, Herod and all Jeruslaem was "troubled."

It must have been quite a site when this large entourage came into Jerusalem. It is unlikely that men of this stature would have traveled on their own without protection, considering the propensity for robbery on those old roads.

I personally believe (another story for another day) that these men may have been from China. They looked for Jesus on purpose. They took a long, hazardous journey to see the Saviour. Truly, in this day and age, wise men still seek Him! Merry Christmas, everyone!

¶ Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.
Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, inquired of them diligently what time the star appeared.
And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
¶ When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way - Matthew 2:1-12 (KJV 1611)
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]