> What Do You Drink?
Althea 
Posted: 20-Sep-2008, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

male

ok, I'm not Irish, but i always prefer BEER before anything else. If is belgian better^^.
Coffee would be my second option, I LEVE IN THE COUNTRY WITH THE BEST COFFEE EVER. ^^
those two.
PMEmail Poster               
togo 
Posted: 10-Oct-2008, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Massachusetts

male

Start the morning with a couple of cups of some french vanilla coffee. Gotta add the sweetners but I always thought the people who drank it black were pretty cool.
Soda and sport drinks during the day.
My choice of beer is Guinness. I like experimenting with micro brews too.
(boy I might want to start to drink some healthier stuff)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gcw57 
  Posted: 10-Oct-2008, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

Lots of sugar-free for me! Diet soft drinks, Crystal Light, water - whatever I can get my hands on. I drink a lot of liquid in a day, so it's nice to have a few choices other than Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi and water.

If I imbide in a wee tot of something it's most likely Irish Mist and then Baileys, Rum, Kahlua. . . I'm not really much for the drink taken!

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
Patriot1776 
Posted: 10-Oct-2008, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

male

I drink a lot of coffee. My coffee is whole bean coarse ground at the store. Coarse ground because a camping percolator on a hotplate is how I brew it. After that, I drink a lot, and I mean A LOT, of milk and water.

I abstain from alcohol, as I'm religiously active and like to be observant. So, there's no real beer so to say in my fridge. Oh there are malt beverages, but they're non-alcoholic ones. O'Doul's is what I drink when I want a 'beer'.

--------------------
LP Vinyl Enthusiast - It really needs to be in LP vinyl format for me to most certainly get it. ^^

"Your brother brought me silver, and your sister warmed my soul, but now I laugh and pull so hard and see you swinging from the gallows pole!" - from the Led Zeppelin song "Gallows Pole", 'Led Zeppelin III' album.
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 11-Oct-2008, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Oh there are malt beverages, but they're non-alcoholic ones. O'Doul's is what I drink when I want a 'beer'.

I've tried O'Doul's, it's pretty good smile.gif thumbs_up.gif cheers.gif
PM               
st andrews cross 
  Posted: 08-Nov-2008, 12:31 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Florida

male

Coffee for morning and early afternoon. Jamaican Blue Mountain when I can afford it. Store brand if I can't.

Then onto ales and scotch whisky for the evenings.
PMEmail Poster               
Perkeo 
  Posted: 15-Nov-2008, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
4,091,857 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Clan: AWARE

It's kinda cool to see a thread that I started a year ago is still getting some love. cool.gif

I've currently been spending time at a local Scottish pub on Thursday nights called McNiven's Restaurant and Bar. Although they have a GREAT scotch collection, I usually drink beer. My latest drink was called Hobgoblin from the Wychwood Brewery.

I hope every one is doing well and staying warm.

Cheers! cheers.gif

--------------------
Member since 2004
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Patriot1776 
Posted: 28-Nov-2008, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

male

Besides religious observance, a real health reason for me staying away from alcoholic beverages is that both of my grandfathers didn't live to see 65 due to alcoholism. It runs on both sides of the family and I'm not going to tempt fate by starting.
PMEmail Poster               
Perkeo 
Posted: 02-Dec-2008, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
4,091,857 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

This thread wasn't necessarily started as a tribute to alcohol. I was just curious as to what people from around the world drank from time to time. biggrin.gif

I know there is a HUGE variety of teas out there and I'm a fan of tea. I have about 20 types at my house at any given time. I use to work as a barista, so I'm also in to different types of coffee, although I only drink Folgers French roast at home.

I understand religious and personal reasons for not drinking alcohol and would not want any one to go against their beliefs.

I have two friends that are both alcoholics and one is recovering and unfortunately one has dropped from sight and no one knows how to get ahold of him. I've also had family members that have lived short lives due to alcoholism.

I don't drink very much I might have a glass of wine before bed time but not very often but I do enjoy my once a week drinking night which is a good way to keep in touch with friends. If I'm driving I stop myself at 2 or 3 beers depending on how high in content they might be.

This past weekend was different. I stayed at a hotel during a Star Trek convention and helped bar tend at the party being thrown and since I only had to walk about 8 rooms down from the party I allowed myself to have a few more.

Be safe and stay warm,
Perkeo
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 03-Dec-2008, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

It's the right time of the year for a good hot cup of tea when you come back inside from the cold.

The Christmas Markets opened over here, so it's also time for mulled wine, hot spiced appleuice and apple wine and for a hot toddy at night. angel_not.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
Perkeo 
Posted: 11-Dec-2008, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
4,091,857 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

I'm jealous we don't have a place like that around here that I know of any way. I would love to get some really good mulled wine or some apple wine. Sounds very yummy.

I just had some gingerbread flavored eggnog......mmmmmm!!!!!
piobmhorpiper 
Posted: 14-Dec-2008, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Ontario Canada

male

Like most coffee in the morning, evening, maybe a Tenenants and seeming it's Christmas, Spiced rum and eggnog! beer_mug.gif

--------------------
The Scots of course insist that the pipes produce music. But the point is after all not too important. For those who love them, the pipes can evoke more vividly than any other instrument, high emotion, they can inspire valor, and tell of tragic tales of battles long ago. They can call forth merriment or sentiment. It does not matter what the sound is called, those who are deaf to its merits would not understand anyway.
user posted image
user posted image
Sėmeag 
  Posted: 26-Feb-2009, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Sassan

female

QUOTE (Perkeo @ 14-Nov-2007, 03:07 PM)
Which do you prefer? What flavor/type do you drink?

Whether it is in the morning, afternoon or evening.

In the mornings (which is when ever I wake up) I usually drink a dark roast coffee.

In the afternoon, I usually drink some type of tea...current favorite is a green lime flavored.

In the evening, It depends on my mood.

Mornings: orange juice, tropical juice and water.

During the day: water.

Evenings: water and, if I want something a little more special, soft drink, preferably Dandelion and Burdock.

--------------------
Tha mi'n dochas gu bheil an eadar theangachadh ceart!
PMEmail Poster               
kenn0431 
Posted: 27-Feb-2009, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

male

Mornings come at 0210 coffee, coffee, coffee, Starbuck"s vente house when I can 7-11 house brew otherwise. Harp or Smithfield"s in the evening.
the Glenlivet 25 on special occasions. Not within 12 hours of duty.
PMEmail Poster               
Perkeo 
Posted: 27-Feb-2009, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
4,091,857 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Every Thursday my friends and I meet at a local pub to unwind and have a couple of pints. This Thursday they ran out of Double Kilt Lifter so I had to settle with some Robert The Bruce. It really hit the spot.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Š Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]