Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What's Your Occupation?, (or, what pays the bills?)
celtica 
Posted: 22-Aug-2004, 07:40 AM
Quote Post

Lady of the mists
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Brest - Brittany

female

QUOTE (Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas @ 22-Aug-2004, 02:02 PM)
"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another." Founding principle of the Vietnam Nam Veterans of America.

Thank you Mailagnas maqqas dunaidonas. Those words are beautiful indeed. And what you said has comforted me. Thought I'm perfectly conscious that my little existential problems have nothing in common with the things you had to deal with as a veteran from Vietnam. Let's say I was in a bad mood this morning, thanks for the help ! wink.gif

--------------------
Que restera-t-il de notre sang mêlé au sel, sans trace dans les mémoires ? Une ultime navigation, trompeuse. Et des souvenirs, illuminés d'embruns. Mais condamnés au silence de la mer... Loïc Finaz.
user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
KreeRohan 
Posted: 22-Aug-2004, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

female

I'm currently "in process". My family and I are opening a coffeehouse in October. As long as contractors and vendors stay on task wink.gif

I've been a stay-at-home mom for the last 11 years. With many side businesses, i.e. babysitting, CATW demonstrator, etc., to bring in extra money.
Before this gig, I worked for Xerox for four years.

Opening the coffeehouse is my dream job. My sister and I have wanted to do this for close to a decade. It's exciting and overwhelming. I'm truly enjoying this rollercoaster ride biggrin.gif

Lise
Royal05.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted: 22-Aug-2004, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

Mmmmm!!! Coffee!!!!!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 22-Aug-2004, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,761 Gold!

QUOTE (gettin-away @ 18-Aug-2004, 07:46 PM)
But I always told my daughter that my career was being her dad.

Amen!!!

wink.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
OriginalGhirl 
Posted: 22-Aug-2004, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Philadelphia Metro Area

female

Well my current occupation is officially 'student'. But I graduate in December. I'll hopefully be pursuing a full time career working in Costume Design for TV and Film... anyone got any good connections? biggrin.gif

--------------------
~Jenni~
~Aspiring Costume Designer~World Traveler~Celtic Music Lover~
The Original "Ghirl" - Founder, The Glengarry Bhoys Yahoo Group
Join the Official Yahoo Group for The Crofters:
The Crofters Yahoo Group
PMEmail Poster               
single speed 
Posted: 22-Aug-2004, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: San Antonio, Tx

male

QUOTE (celtica @ 22-Aug-2004, 05:16 AM)
Single speed,

You know I'm tired, tired to defend my job in France, having to prove all the time that because I'm a military I'm not necessarily stupid an violent. Tired to defend my country here, trying to explain that because we are against the war in Irak we are not necessarily cowards or traitors or I don't know what else. It's not the right place to do that and I'm not fluent enough to explain properly, so there can be misunderstandings.
You know I'm not representing the French government here...

Celtica

My apologies. I was a bit cranky when I wrote the reply. I am an Air Foorce veteran. I met with alot of the same attitude that you have experienced bothe overseas and in the states.

My response was not necessarily an attack on the Frnce, but an affirmation of how both the Military and Americans are observed both at home and abroad.

Terence

--------------------
If you were accused of being a Christian, would your enemies have enough evidence to convict you?
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him keep pace with the music he hears, however measured or far away.
-Henry David Thoreau

Pray as if everything depended on God, and work as if everything depended upon man.
- Cardinal Francis J. Spellman
PMEmail Poster               
Kamchak 
Posted: 22-Aug-2004, 07:39 PM
Quote Post

Master At Arms
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Southern U.S.

male

I am a Network Manager for BellSouth. I manage an office that runs 24X7 with 16 Techs.

--------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ![SIZE=7][COLOR=green][CENTER]
PMEmail Poster               
celtica 
Posted: 23-Aug-2004, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Lady of the mists
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Brest - Brittany

female

QUOTE (single speed @ 23-Aug-2004, 02:12 AM)
Celtica

My apologies.  I was a bit cranky when I wrote the reply.  I am an Air Foorce veteran.  I met with alot of the same attitude that you have experienced bothe overseas and in the states.

My response was not necessarily an attack on the Frnce, but an affirmation of how both the Military and Americans are observed both at home and abroad.

Terence

I was a bit cranky myself, and certainly too sensitive in the morning, sorry about that. Communication is the best way to improve human relations, isn't it ? I'll do it better the next time... smile.gif .

Françoise
PMEmail Poster               
birddog20002001 
Posted: 23-Aug-2004, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Isle of Man
ZodiacRowan

Realm: North Carolina

male

having to prove all the time that because I'm a military I'm not necessarily stupid an violent.

Real soldiers sailor, marines and airmen are neither stupid nor violent, To be either one is to be a bullies with a uniform and weapons. The true test of soldiery is to be able to apply the minimum and precice violence when needed inorder to exact the results needed. War is not honorable and heroic but being the best warrior you can be is. We are also not politicians and do not get to choose and pick our war but we all can choose to fight with honor and integrity and to the letter of the law. I thank God that I did not have to kill for my country while I served but I prepared every day inorder to do so.

Now I am just a parttime realestate appraiser and a full time student studying Horticulture technology and have much time to go before I graduate.

--------------------
"when a person is prepared to die for a cause, and indeed to glory in such a death, it impossible to supress him or the cause it represents." Jawaharlal Nehru

"Only the suppressed word is dangerous." Ludwig Borne

"All of our freedoms are a single bundle, all must be secure if any is to be preserved." Dwight David Eisenhower

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are both immortal and divine." Socrates
PMEmail Poster               
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 23-Aug-2004, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

QUOTE (Avonlea22 @ 22-Aug-2004, 08:36 AM)
I went to RIT! I miss Rochester, sometimes. smile.gif

aside from the 100+ inches of snow a year . . . beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
Ciarda Lili 
Posted: 23-Aug-2004, 12:06 PM
Quote Post

Child of the Dark Lily
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: NorthEastern Pennsylvania, US

female

I work for a Conservation District in Pennsylvania. We deal with the local farmers, put on demos for students and work with the local watersheds.

My job is Executive Secretary/Treasurer. I get to keep track of everyone, pay everyone and take in the money.

It's not very exciting but I do keep busy, mostly. I'm hoping when I move overseas I can find a job in the same field I'm in.

--------------------
Ciarda Lili

Always live for today.

Growing old is mandatory -- Growing up is optional.
PMEmail Poster               
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 23-Aug-2004, 12:19 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

I have had numerous part-time jobs while I was in highschool. I went to a community college for a few years. Now I am a MA and still going to school. I work in a doctor's office working with patients and doing what I can to help them with their problems. I don't know if I am going to further my medical degree or go in a different direction. I love history and art and am planning to take some more classes. We'll see. It's just so expensive.

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
freekenny 
Posted: 25-Aug-2004, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

QUOTE (Keltic @ 18-Aug-2004, 10:33 PM)
Many know this by now but if you don't, I'm a metalsmith. I work in gold and silver. This is a change from my previous career of computer programming for the Canadian Parliament from 1989 to 2001. Which was a change from my previous career of sailing on the Mar II in Halifax, N.S.

O'siyo,
Wow! How admirable~ It is rare now days that one sees a person working in such an 'old' and respected field biggrin.gif Much luck and Kudos to you O'ginalli (friend) cool.gif
~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 25-Aug-2004, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Phone tech support for any number of clients, to include folks in Gettin-away's line of work. Thinking about moving to another position in the building in a couple of months though.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Keltic 
Posted: 25-Aug-2004, 09:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

QUOTE (freekenny @ 25-Aug-2004, 03:34 PM)
O'siyo,
Wow! How admirable~ It is rare now days that one sees a person working in such an 'old' and respected field biggrin.gif Much luck and Kudos to you O'ginalli (friend) cool.gif
~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

Thank you freekenny,

I've changed careers many times in the past and I think that I might stick with this one unless I can get back to sailing. Nothing better than being completely out of sight of land for days and hearing the water against the hull and the wind in the sails. Even the sound of crewmates throwing up over the side was fine by me!! If I ever did return to sailing, my carving tools would come with me.

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]