Antwn 
Posted: 15-Nov-2005, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

I've had a problem too, not so much with posts being lost, but with being unable sometimes to view the latest posts. It seems I'm only able to access an older version of this site at times where the most recent posts are from weeks ago. Then the next day, everything's back to normal. ????????????

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 15-Nov-2005, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

There have been some server issues over the last couple days that are likely causing you not to see more recent posts. Hopefully that is resolved now.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Antwn 
Posted: 16-Nov-2005, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

Thank you Aaediwen.
PMEmail Poster               
Siarls 
Posted: 17-Nov-2005, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

Student of Modern Celtic Languages
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: The Lliw Valley, South Wales

male

Yes, I was just about to update you as I just got a message from Macfive... our posts aren't irreplaceable, are they? We can continue normally.

I was listening to some Welsh on Radio Cymru last night and thought that perhaps our language sounds like one long song! I think Welsh is very good for lyrics as it is such a rhythmic language, but perhaps I'm biased?

--------------------
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i´m gwlad
Tra môr yn fur
I'r bur hoff bau
O bydded i´r heniaith barhau
PMEmail Poster               
gwenynen 
Posted: 17-Nov-2005, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

Yes, Siarls. You are awfully biased as much as myself! biggrin.gif I do think Welsh flows like music. But I noticed some dialects sound more musical than others. I think northern Welsh is most musical. They sound like they're singing even when they're angry!

--------------------
Weithiau, mae'r ateb i'n problemau o dan ein trwynau, dim ond bod angen i ni gymryd cam yn ôl ac edrych eto. - Stuart Kerner
PMEmail Poster                
gwenynen 
Posted: 17-Nov-2005, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

About our lost posts. Diolch Siarls and Aediwen. These things do happen now and then of course. Not that my post was so great that I don't feel like re-writing. I wrote it when I was so moved by Siwsann George's song the other day. Now I don't have the same passion.

But I'll try again. One of the 3 CDs I bought from Sain was Mabsant. (Their shipping is unbelievably cheap, only £1 for international air.) I heard a lot about the late Siwsann George. I don't agree with some of her beliefs but her singing is amazing, especially Myfanwy. You'd think this song ought to be sang by men but I had goose bumps when I heard hers the first time. Robin Huw Bowen's harp is beautiful too.

She sings in part Japanese in one of the songs. I wish someone had coached her with the pronunciation. The words are simple and easily learned. I wince every time she mispronounce them. But dim ots.

The other two CDs are by Hergest and Techwen Ifan. (Yes, I do like music from 70's and 80's!) Hergest is almost like Welsh Beach Boys. Actually one of the songs indeed is about relaxing on the beach! I have this CD on when I do exercise. A surprise bonus was the attached lyric sheet. Techwen is always pleasant to listened to. His political songs have such soft tone. I must buy his song book.
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]