Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Save Net Radio Coalition, Help Save Internet Radio!
LadyJeanetta 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 12:02 PM
Quote Post

Librarian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Vernon Hills, IL, USA

female

Sent an email to my congressman and informed my friends and family of this injustice... If enough of us take action, we will have an impact on these criminals. walkman.gif

--------------------
~~Jenny~~

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea is asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace; we've got work to do!"--Doctor Who, "Survival"
PMEmail Poster               
blackcloud1129 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Hudson Valley

male

I contacted my Rep. Lets hope this works
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Everyone seems to be placing the emphasis on free-market vs corporate monopoly. Don't you think there's an issue of controlling communications alternatives for political and security reasons too?
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Of course there is. But if those topics get mentioned, there's a tendency for those who are voted in to think we're associated or in sympathy with those guys who like to blow things up. But yer damned right it has something to do with control of media for those purposes as well.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,286 Gold!

Please see my first message posted in this thread. I have added important links, online petitions and example text to use when writing or calling the congress and senate. You can forward these on to your friends, family and associates.

Thanks again for everyones support. We will be having some promos play on the broadcast soon that will get the message out.

The more people write and call the congress the better chance we have. This is really our only option. It is in the hands of congress at this point.

UPDATE

We will update this section as new links and resources become available. The following links are very important and you can help Internet Radio by visiting these links which include information, petitions and more:

http://www.savethestreams.org/

http://www.saveourinternetradio.com/

Save Internet Radio Petition #1

Save Internet Radio Petition #2

Email Congress

Follow up with a phone call: Look Up Phone Numbers

Example Text to use for Congress and Senate:

As your constituent and a fan of Internet radio, I was alarmed to learn that music royalty rates were recently determined by the Copyright Royalty Board (CRB) which, if enacted, would certainly silence most or all of my favorite online listening services. For most webcasters, this royalty rate represents more than 100% of their total revenues!

The shuttering of the webcasting industry would be a loss for not only independent business owners, but also for musical artists, for copyright owners, and for listeners like me who enjoy the wide variety of choices available via Internet radio.

I respectfully request that your office look into this matter and initiate action to prevent it. As the CRB rate decision is retroactive to January 1, 2006, please understand that time is of the essence -- as the immediate impact of this decision could silence many Internet radio stations forever.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
rhatcher1313 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: United States

male

To Paul & all faithful members, & guests here. PLEASE take a few moments to click on the link, on first post. It will easily guide you to a direct link to your congressman. The only way to make anything happen,(AS IN NOT LOSING CELTIC RADIO), is if YOU send A STRONG message to your congressman, let them know, how outrageous this is. If you passively do nothing, most assurably, this legislation, if passed, will effectively kill THIS STATION ! So, please, go to link, read what's going on, then, it will guide you to your congressman.
Slainte,
rhatcher1313
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,286 Gold!

Thank you everyone for your support and guidance during this time.

I have been reading that a follow up call to your congressman's office makes an even bigger impression, so I plan on doing that too.

Highlander Radio will start to play informational plugs on how to Save Internet Radio. We are going to have these played every 2 hours. I know they are distracting, but it is something we have to do.

I'd also like to thank StevenPD for leaving a message on the call-in line with some great information. As always, thank you Steven!

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
stevenpd 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

FREEDOM!

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
haynes9 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Sent an email to both Senators and my Rep. Followed up today with phone calls to all three offices. Will give it the rest of this week and then make a follow up call Monday. We HAVE to keep the pressure on!

Folks, if you love Highlander Radio, do your best! Call, write, email. Time is limited so we must do what we can now!

Thanks Paul and Steven for leading the charge.

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 10:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Signed the petition, sent a copy of your first posting, along with some comments to my entire email address book. I will also post it on a couple of ren sites as they tend to be very vocal on issues where freedom of choice is inhibited. (especially the wenches). I live in a town where we have nothing but two corporate radio stations playing the same recycled top 40 garbage day after day. We can actually set our clocks to certain songs. Trust me they will drive you insane after the first couple days. We found the Sirius and XM do the same thing same songs just about every day except no commercials.

Please dear God in heaven do not let this pass. Otherwise I will have to leave the country.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
stevenpd 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 11:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

Here's a tidbit I found over at Live365:

The CRB is an office of the Librarian of Congress, Dr. James H. Billington overseas the daily functions of the Library as well as offices under his. He phased out the Copyright Arbitration Royalty Panel system and replaced it with the Copyright Royalty Board made up of three copyright royalty judges as opposed to Arbitrators. The members of the new board are all former attorneys turned judges, James Sledge (D), Stanley Wisniewski (D), and William Roberts (D) are all appointed to their posts and effectively replaced the Arbitration system. This took place without voter referendum and with full support of the new Congress.

One more name to the list to contact.

Here's the contact form.
gcw57 
  Posted: 07-Mar-2007, 12:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

censored.gif Who says money can't buy government? What a total crock of hooey! Would the IRS agree to pay you 125% of your tax refund? I don't think so.

I know a Canadian voice won't help much as I could only legally sign the first petition, the rest excluded all non-US residents. I will forward the information to my friends in the US of A! Keep up the good fight!

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 07-Mar-2007, 07:56 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Macfive,
I have used every means posted here as well as speaking directly with 2 of my Reps that are my neighbors!

I have been assured that this issue is being scrutinized closely by them and they will do what ever it takes to make it right.

Shadows

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
sisterknight 
Posted: 07-Mar-2007, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

god forbid it goes through, but can higlander radio come to canada?or scotland?or ireland?or germany?...i mean CR also has international listeners as well....so your gouvernment is cutting off it's nose to spite it's collective face. it's too bad that all those petitions can't be signed by all listeners
sorry, it's just frustrating not really being able to get involved.. sad.gif

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 07-Mar-2007, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Sent emails to the Senators today.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]