DesertRose 
Posted: 22-Jul-2004, 10:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Now you guys are really cracking me up! this is all way too funny! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
maisky 
Posted: 25-Jul-2004, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 22-Jul-2004, 10:29 PM)
Now you guys are really cracking me up! this is all way too funny! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

While we may have spirited debates about political ideology, we try not to lose our sense of humor in the process. We are all friends here. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Kassia 
Posted: 25-Jul-2004, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

r when Clinton and Carter gave nuclear weapons to the North Koreans) . So I do have a dog in this fight.

Yeah I guess I was one of the guys Kerry called a war criminal when testifying to Congress. Now says he didn't. I remember, if many don't or care not to.

I remember that 1/3 of the squadrons that flew the A/C Bush did got called up. That's about the highest percentage of any kind of guard or reserve unit.

I hear a lot about a phantom year. Mostly from people that have no clue. If you can explain adequately the differences between Calendar years, Fiscal Years, ANNIVERSARY Years, budget , flying hours availability and how you accrue points for SATISFACTORY years in the Guard or Reserve, and how drills at other than your home center were reported, then maybe you are in a position to comment, because if you understand how the system worked then you know that big gaps could happen especially with aviators. Can you clump points ? Yes, I know I did, my first satisfactory year was completed in 3 1/2 months at the end of my first reserve years. Wasn't easy but I was able to pull it off.

Kerry shows abyssmally poor judgement. Picking anybody from the Clinton Administration in the National Security area without thorough vetting is questionable, just from a CYA standpoint, when you really don't know what the report will say. As a Senator on Oversight committees, he has to realize that the decisions to bomb the aspirin factory, not accept Bin Laden, and other decisions are going to be scrutinized. Kerry is claiming he will do things differently and be more aggressive, yet to take people from an administration that were tepid and overrly reliant on legalisms and the UN is to follow a road that leads to where we know we don't want to go. And Berger, I dunno, why didn't Berger tell him he had problems? Did he think they weren't going to find out? Or was it thought that it didn't matter.

My gut feel there is that a senior Democrat saw that and blew the whistle. Heck, if the Republicans were going to spring the trap wait about a week and during the convention or just after when Berger is selected for a position then spring the trap. How would it look then, overshadow the convention or make it look like a bad pick after the convention. Poor people skills.

Go with the UN and France and Germany? Well the UN drew the rules for the first Gulf War, Get Iraq out of Kuwait and stop. That was the UN guidance and approved mission. (I was there, I was in a place where I had WMMCS access, OPSUMS, INTSUMS, and I was heavily involved in logistics planning) And who cares what the French think? The same French that fought harder against us in WWII? that made covert deals with Saddam for nuclear power and other systems in contravention of the holy UNs resolutions, palyed games with the Oil for Food program. Yeah there's a country we want approval from. Oh and the Dutch, yeah we need their approval? the Belgians?

Is he willing to get tough with the Chinese over the South China Sea oilfields?

We've yet to see any firm stand on anything other than "I'll do it different and better"

And that's just the National Security areas. You really want to hear me, ask me what I feel about paying more taxes.

--------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read--Groucho Marx
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 25-Jul-2004, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (maisky @ 25-Jul-2004, 10:58 AM)
While we may have spirited debates about political ideology, we try not to lose our sense of humor in the process.  We are all friends here. biggrin.gif

Yes, Maisky and it is all so appreciated....................says the Bush woman..........even though he has funny ears! laugh.gif

Very interesting what you are saying Kassia. The more I hear Kerry the less impressed I become with him. I think Bush needs to go in there and finish his job he started...........hopefully he will.
maisky 
Posted: 25-Jul-2004, 10:12 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacVine

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 25-Jul-2004, 07:10 PM)
Yes, Maisky and it is all so appreciated....................says the Bush woman..........even though he has funny ears! laugh.gif

Very interesting what you are saying Kassia. The more I hear Kerry the less impressed I become with him. I think Bush needs to go in there and finish his job he started...........hopefully he will.

Fat chance! The Cheney/bush administration is over in January. biggrin.gif
You talk like you think Georgie is president. We ALL know that Cheney is in charge. rolleyes.gif
DesertRose 
Posted: 25-Jul-2004, 11:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

I have never seen hide nor hare of Cheney since this whole administration! are you trying to antogonize me? wink.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
maisky 
Posted: 26-Jul-2004, 06:24 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacVine

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 25-Jul-2004, 11:59 PM)
I have never seen hide nor hare of Cheney since this whole administration! are you trying to antogonize me? wink.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Nahhh! Sneak up on you maybe, but NOT antagonize you, beautiful lady! tongue.gif
Swanny 
Posted: 26-Jul-2004, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

QUOTE (maisky @ 25-Jul-2004, 06:12 PM)
Fat chance!  The Cheney/bush administration is over in January.  biggrin.gif
You talk like you think Georgie is president.  We ALL know that Cheney is in charge.  rolleyes.gif

Hey Maisky, are you perhaps a bit confused? I thought the Illuminati was in charge. thumbs_up.gif

This post has been edited by Swanny on 26-Jul-2004, 07:06 AM

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 26-Jul-2004, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacVine

male

QUOTE (Swanny @ 26-Jul-2004, 07:05 AM)
QUOTE (maisky @ 25-Jul-2004, 06:12 PM)
Fat chance! The Cheney/bush administration is over in January. biggrin.gif
You talk like you think Georgie is president. We ALL know that Cheney is in charge. rolleyes.gif

Hey Maisky, are you perhaps a bit confused? I thought the Illuminati was in charge. thumbsup.gif

You could be right, if the Illuminati are Oil executives and Saudi princes. biggrin.gif
Shamalama 
Posted: 26-Jul-2004, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

QUOTE (Kassia @ 25-Jul-2004, 07:28 PM)

And that's just the National Security areas. You really want to hear me, ask me what I feel about paying more taxes.

(smiling)

Wow, Lady Kassia. Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel!

Here's some questions Kerry needs to answer:

- If Kerry were president, would he be willing to use force? John Kerry opposed President Reagan's policy of providing military aid to the anti-Communist resistance in Central America. He opposed the first Gulf War. He voted against the $87 billion necessary to continue prosecuting the current war in Iraq (one of only 12 senators to do so). Is he really capable of being commander in chief in the world we find ourselves living in since 9/11?

- If Kerry had been president the past four years, would Saddam still be in power? In October 2002, Kerry voted to authorize the use of military force to remove Saddam. But now he suggests that President Bush "misled the nation into fighting" this war. Given what we now know, does Kerry believe going to war to remove Saddam was the right decision? Does he believe, as he seems to have indicated, that the war on terror is "really" about fighting al Qaeda, or does the war on terror include dealing with dictators with terror ties and weapons of mass destruction programs? Is Kerry willing to hold open, therefore, the possibility of the use of force to prevent the current Iranian regime from acquiring nuclear weapons?

- If Kerry were president, would we pull out of Iraq? Kerry says he would not cut and run in Iraq. But the single most famous statement of his political career remains his dramatic cry as a leader of the anti-Vietnam War movement in 1971: "How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?" How will President Kerry ask young Americans to continue dying in a war he has denounced as one President Bush "wanted" to fight rather than one the United States needed to fight?

- If Kerry were president, would marriage be redefined? Kerry opposes a constitutional amendment affirming in our basic law that marriage joins a man and a woman. Furthermore, he was one of only 14 Senate Democrats to oppose the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), signed by President Clinton in 1996, which sought legislatively to confine court decisions authorizing same-sex marriage in one state (such as Massachusetts) to that state. Wouldn't Kerry's judicial appointees tend to agree with the argument he made in 1996 that DOMA is unconstitutional? Doesn't a Kerry presidency guarantee that the courts will succeed in changing the meaning of marriage throughout the United States?

I look forward to Sen. Kerry's acceptance speech on Thursday evening, as he seeks to answer these questions. Or dodge them. Or flip-flop once again.

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
maisky 
Posted: 27-Jul-2004, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacVine

male

QUOTE (Shamalama @ 26-Jul-2004, 10:52 AM)
Here's some questions Kerry needs to answer:

- If Kerry were president, would he be willing to use force? John Kerry opposed President Reagan's policy of providing military aid to the anti-Communist resistance in Central America.

Do you mean Reagan providing illegal arms and aid to Drug runners? Why would ANYBODY support such an idiotic action? The CIA even aided drug transport as well as dealing with Iran for the arms. rolleyes.gif
Shamalama 
Posted: 28-Jul-2004, 09:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

Some early thoughts:

Teresa Heinz Kerry gave a speech the other night at the Democratic Convention. She said, "John believes that we can, and we will, give every family and every child access to affordable health care, a good education, and the tools to become self-reliant."

- We will give everyone access to affordable health care? Does she mean that my income is going to be used to subsidize the cost of health care for someone I don't even know? Or does she mean that doctors and hospitals are going to cut their usual costs by 90%?

- We will give everyone access to a good education? As opposed to a bad education? And how is quality of education determined? And, again, does she mean that my income is going to be used to subsidize the cost of education for someone I don't even know? Or does she mean that teachers and universities are going to cut their usual costs by 90% (while improving the quality of education)?

- We will give everyone access to the tools to become self-reliant? To be self-reliant would mean, I think, less intrusion by the federal government and more reliance on yourself. Meaning "I'm in charge of what happens in my life". But that doesn't square up with her first two points.

Then she said, "Isn't it time we began working to give parents more opportunity to be with their children and to afford to have a family life?" More opportunity to be with their children? I would assume that she means I can spend less time at work in order to have more opportunity with my children. Is she saying that my employer is going to allow me to only spend 30 hours at work yet retain my full income? Geez, that sounds a bit like France. But if the 70,000 employees at my work suddenly drop to only working 30 hours per week while still taking home the same income, how is my company going to be profitable?

Then she said, "He [John Kerry] earned his medals the old-fashioned way, by putting his life on the line for his country." Here we go again. I issue the same challenge I made months ago: name one other person that only spent four months 'in country' and yet was awarded three Purple Hearts. This whole "medals thing" is a scam. I'm not saying anything about his patriotism, just his magical ability to earn three Purple Hearts in only four months.

Then she said, "With John Kerry as President, global climate change and other threats to the health of our planet will begin to be reversed." Wow. Now he sounds like Superman. Mere mortals don't have such abilities.

Then she said, "With John Kerry as President, the alliances that bind the community of nations and that truly make our country and the world a safer place, will be strengthened once more." Alliances? Bush has 30 countries supporting him in the liberation of Iraq, among them the second most powerful (economic and military) country in the world - the UK. But we all know exactly what she means: France and Germany. What is it about these two countries that the liberals love so much?

Teresa Heinz Kerry is quite the Democrat today. But back when she was married to Republican Sen. H. John Heinz III she said, "I know some couples who stay together only for politics. If Ted Kennedy holds on to that marriage (to ex-wife Joan) just for the Catholic vote, as some people say he does, then I think he's a perfect bastard." Wow. But today she's great buddies with 'ole Teddy. It would seem she flip-flops as much as her husband.

maisky 
Posted: 28-Jul-2004, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacVine

male

Back to Kerry's purple hearts again, huh? At least he wasn't a draft dodger and a deserter. The only times the coward Bush put his life on the line was when he was driving drunk. How many DUI's was that? rolleyes.gif
gtrplr 
Posted: 28-Jul-2004, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Nashville, TN

male

At least he wasn't a draft dodger

Nobody mentioned Bill Clinton.

Bush a coward? Are you talking about the same Bush that landed an airplane on an aircraft carrier? Yeah, takes a real coward to do that.

--------------------
Randal Smith alias Smitty the Kid
Wielder of the Six-String Claymore!

"We have enough Youth, how about a Fountain of Smart?"
"When the going gets tough, the smart go fishing!"

maisky 
Posted: 28-Jul-2004, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacVine

male

QUOTE (gtrplr @ 28-Jul-2004, 12:18 PM)

Nobody mentioned Bill Clinton.

Bush a coward? Are you talking about the same Bush that landed an airplane on an aircraft carrier? Yeah, takes a real coward to do that.

Bush flew in an airplane to the carrier with a qualified, experienced pilot. What makes you think Georgie was in control during the landing? That flight was an expensive joy-ride. Georgie THEN proclaimed the end of the war in Bushnam. More US soldiers have died in combat there SINCE then than before. So, he is a hypocrite as well as a coward. The grandstanding on the carrier showed us once again that he is an idiot, as well. Thanks for reminding us of this incident. biggrin.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt