gwenlee 
Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone. I've been gone this past week because my mother-in-law passed away. It has been an exhausting week. I'm glad it is over for many reasons the main one is she is now at peace with no more pain.

I'm heading to Culloden for the weekend for the games. It will be nice to relax.

Rindy, how much snow did you get? We had some cold weather the first weekend of this month with snow flurries here in Georgia. This weekend we are suppose to have scattered thunderstorms but overall it suppose to be nice.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Gwenlee
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 09:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

I'm so sorry, gwenlee, for your loss. I know from recent experience how exhausting it all is. My dear dad passed on March 30th. It doesn't seem possible that he is gone. Now I am focusing on helping my mom get through it.
Hope you enjoy the games this weekend. It is exactly what you need...get out and enjoy life. Let the music help to heal your soul. smile.gif

Rindy...how are you doing today? Hope things are going better for you. smile.gif What a darling picture. I have never seen an albino moose.

JP...I don't blame you a bit. I hope your son will receive some offers from your help. One thing that I have learned is that it doens't matter how old your kids are (mine are 33 and 29 years old) we parents always want to help. wink.gif

Wizard....I have been thinking of you today as you face the court system. Hope all works out. Please let us know. We care! smile.gif

Hope everyone is enjoying their day. We have a mixture of clouds and sun. Still cool, in the low 60's. Better than a few ays ago.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Thanks BGL.
I have been spending some time in Lexington for business, on and off. I really like it down there.

Its actually a beautiful day here in central Ohio. Sunny, a bit cool but still nice.

Just came from lunch at a place here called O'Shaunessy's. Supposed to be an "Irish" pub - but hard to get the feel for it when they have Motown on the speakers!
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Sorry for your loss gwenlee. Been there too.
PMEmail Poster               
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 27-Apr-2005, 01:01 PM)
Hey!

Where has dragonboy been?

Kind of miss him...

I was once told, by a celticradio member...it's very much ok to cry. You've made me cry. It's very rare anyone remembers about me, and even...misses me! I got a message from Rindy, and my Jaw dropped when she mentioned someone asking about me.

I don't want to bother anyone with my life's status, but insted if anyone's interested...let them know about my grandfather?

He's gained 2 pounds with the assistance of Nurses at his home, and gets his medication, and regular bathes under their guidance. It's a god-send. He's even thinking about fishing! I know your prayers and love you sent to my family and me helped...I know it!

Gosh, I can't tell you how touched I am right now, thank you so much j Padraig moore, thank you.

Please send me some emails? I'm not able to come on the site very much anymore because my life is so busy, and I wasn't getting along that well with the site moderator *hides* so I figured I'd lay low for abit. I never thought I would be missed in the process!

--------------------
"Men at some time are masters of their fate"
Jul Caesar, Act i, Sc.2

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions"
Hamlet, Act iv, Sc.5

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"
Hamlet, Act i, Sc.2
PMEmail Poster               
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 27-Apr-2005, 09:10 PM)
JpMoore, no I don't think it was wrong of you at all. I don't know where dragonboy is, the last I saw of a post was when his grandparent was in the hospital. I think about him a lot. ITs no fun to be picked on at any age.. Hope he comes back.

Sorry for the double post...

FRESH TEARS. Wow. Rindy, and everyone....I can't beleive by chance that I just suddenly stumbled on a group so nice as everyone here. Your such a great family, such a great freinds, and...gosh.

I still get picked on, but I'm concentrating on my scouting which I enjoy. I'm going to be staffing at a leadership camp, to train leaders! *feels proud* Only like.....40 or so more days of school left for me, so I figure I can endure the torture of it alittle longer.

Wizard, Big bro...I'm sorry I haven't been talking to you. Did you receive my Yellow and Brown snowballs?

PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hello everyone!

OUR GOD IS SO GOOD! Everything went really well for us at court today. No fines or punishments were levied against us. We didn't even have to pay any court costs or lawyer fees. Our lawyer did it for free! We do however have to make sure that she has no more absences or tardies for the rest of the year. Our lawyer wasn't real happy about that decision and wants to fight it, but we haven't made up our minds about it yet. The judge even told us that we may be able to get her a homebound teacher so that she won't ahve to go to school next year. Not sure how I feel about that though. She needs the social skills that a classroom environment teaches as well as friends. Anyway, thank you so much, everyone, for your thoughts and prayers!

Emmy and Gwenlee - I am so sorry to hear about your losses! Just remember that God loves you and that we love you guys too! If you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you!

Dragonboy - I can't BELIEVE that you wrote this - "I never thought I would be missed in the process!" Of COURSE you are missed! I've been wondering where you've been myself! We are a family here, and when somebody goes missing we all get worried! I know that you have been going through some problems lately, and I just thought that maybe you were just wanting some space for a while. If you had stayed way much longer you would've gotten an e-mail from me too! Now that you're back don't stay away so long next time, okay! You ARE my lil bro, and I DO worry! That's what big bros are for! smile.gif

Oh and in response to this: "Wizard, Big bro...I'm sorry I haven't been talking to you. Did you receive my Yellow and Brown snowballs?" I had the mailman stamp it "Return to Sender" so you should be receiving it in a day or two. And by the way, I let it melt a little before I sent it! smile.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hello everyone,

Gwenlee, I am so sorry to hear of you mother-in-laws passing. I know what you mean about the peace and no pain. I was thinking that just last night how my Mom and Brother looked so at peace.. You have fun at the games and get some pictures... Glad your going...Oh and to answer your question about the snow we had over 12" this morning, its melting but we still have a weather advisory tonight eeeewwwwww.

BGL- Thanks on the picture. I have never seen one either. I thought they looked so different. Moose are usually almost black.. I hope you have a great evening.

Wizard I am so happy everything went your way today. School is almost over hopefully she will keep healthy and hang in there. Thanks for all your hard work on the Gaelic.

Dragonboy, I know how it feels to be picked on, I just had a really bad day a couple of days ago and I mean they beat me good. People will say awful things but ya just got to say hey let them, hold your head high and keep living. People that do these types of things aren't wasting their time and energy worring about how we feel. We are wasting our time worring about it.
I am so glad your grandpa is better..
Now you keep in touch ok...

Rose-I miss you!!!!

Nice to see everyone. I will hush up and start reading the forums..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 11:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

it's 01:06 and I can't seem to sleep sad.gif So I'm checking forums and E-mail in hopes the touch of activity will do the trick. I believe I'm thinking too much about Ireland, The Bible, and this music I'm listening to. plus, it's warm tonight. maybe I should open a window. Has anyone thought to invite any of the artists played on Highlander to the 2008 gathering?

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 29-Apr-2005, 06:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (dragonboy3611 @ 28-Apr-2005, 03:32 PM)

Gosh, I can't tell you how touched I am right now, thank you so much j Padraig moore, thank you.

You are very welcome!
I know what it feels like to be "lost".
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 29-Apr-2005, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Heading off today to pick my son up from college. He is done for the year and is anxious to come home for a while. I am looking forward to having him around again.
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 29-Apr-2005, 09:09 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

We just watched the VERY LAST episode of JAG ---- I've watched it for 10 years, can't quite believe it's finished now. sad.gif I am very glad they've finally brought Harm and Mac together, finally finally engaged, but does anyone know which side that coin was showing at the last instant??? Some questions have been answered, but there's still so much more they could do. Can't believe this is it.

Dreamer1
(I haven't felt this way since the last episode of Magnum sad.gif )

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 29-Apr-2005, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Hi everyone,

Well, here it is almost 11PM. Thought I would check in for awhile before I call it a night. Our son and wife are out celebrating 11 years of marriage, so we have two little ones with us tonight. They love to play GOLF, a card game that we play quite a bit. Any age can play it, (they are 5 and 9 years old) and all 5 grandkids want to play it when they come over. They will be up bright and early, wanting sausage and waffles, so I plan on making it an early night.

Wizard....what wonderful news. I've been thinking about you so much. Just a thought about next years schooling for your daughter....if you do have a homebound teacher, your daughter can still interact with other kids on many different levels. My niece homeschooled her daughter for a couple of years and there are group activities for homeschooled children. I can find out more for you if you are interested. Then there is also girlscouts and church activities to name a couple. Perhaps, if you did this for a year or two, your daughter would then be ready to go back into the school system. I'm sure that you will make the right decision when the time comes. I have faith in you!! biggrin.gif

Dragonboy.....so nice to hear from you. So happy that your grandfather is recovering. Talking about fishing is a good sign. Scouting is a fine activity to be involved in. Being a staff member at a leadership camp sounds very interesting. It's obvious to me that there are people out there who realize your worth. Now you just need to realize your worth too!! smile.gif

JP....hope you are home safe and sound after picking up your son. Hopefully something will come up soon for him this summer. That would make everyone happy all around!! tongue.gif

Rindy.....12 inches of snow?!? WOW! I only thought Alaska got that much snow this late in the season!! Hope it soon melts and warm weather arrives quickly! Back in 1998 we took a 3 month trip to Alaska and on the way home we traveled through the Canadian Rockies. Couldn't believe the amount of moose that we saw there. In 1988 our daughter flew out to meet her grandparents and they camped at Yellowstone Nat'l Park. One morning she was sitting on the picnic table and a moose came right up to her. She didn't realize it was behind her until my mom called to her from the camper. She says that it one of her favorite memories. biggrin.gif

Aaediwen.....hope you eventually got a good nights sleep. I woke during the night to a thunderstorm. Wonder if it reached your part of Kentucky.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
PMEmail Poster               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 29-Apr-2005, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ 30-Apr-2005, 12:09 AM)
We just watched the VERY LAST episode of JAG ---- I've watched it for 10 years, can't quite believe it's finished now.  sad.gif    I am very glad they've finally brought Harm and Mac together, finally finally engaged, but does anyone know which side that coin was showing at the last instant???  Some questions have been answered, but there's still so much more they could do.  Can't believe this is it.

Dreamer1
(I haven't felt this way since the last episode of Magnum  sad.gif  )

Gosh...I didn't realize that it the very last episode of Jag. I thought it was just the last one of the season. What a bummer!! I agree that it is about time they finally got Harm and Mac together. I think the coin just said JAG on it. Don't know what it meant. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 29-Apr-2005, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hello everyone! Have had a good day. Hope you have had a great one also.

Bluegrasslady, I can't believe it snowed either. Oh, who am I fooling. I don't live real far from Yellowstone and those moose can be really mean. They don't back down and they are so tall...

Aaediwen I hope you are able to sleep tonight. Just the thought of going to Ireland and Scotland makes me excited. Can't imagine going...LOL

Its good to see everyone have a great evening.. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]