Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ask The Other Sex, Things you always wanted to know!
Leelee 
Posted: 02-Nov-2008, 12:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

lol.gif  lol.gif  you slay me "old fart!!!"

laugh.gif laugh.gif cool.gif you're killing me, sisternight biggrin.gif tongue.gif cheers.gif Share a dram thumbs_up.gif beer_mug.gif
PM               
lschillinger 
Posted: 25-Feb-2009, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHazel

Realm: The Heart of it All

female

Why do men talk to the tv?

I get passionate about some sporting events as well, but I dont feel the need to have a conversation with half the hockey team, both coaches and every ref. And I would never do it loud enough to wake the dead! FYI: They don't hear you!

--------------------
COURAGE GROWS STRONG AT THE WOUND

"Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead."

“Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.”

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 25-Feb-2009, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (lschillinger @ 25-Feb-2009, 01:01 PM)
Why do men talk to the tv?

Men? You should see, or rather hear my wife when we watch "24". She literally shouts at the tv throughout the entire show!
PMEmail Poster               
lschillinger 
Posted: 25-Feb-2009, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacHazel

female

Well it could be worse, at least that only comes on once a week. I think my husband watches every sport known to man, and yells about all of them. Anytime a day. I've tried to lie down for naps before, now I don't even bother. I now have to yell at him for yelling! LOL
stoirmeil 
Posted: 25-Feb-2009, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (lschillinger @ 25-Feb-2009, 01:11 PM)
Well it could be worse, at least that only comes on once a week. I think my husband watches every sport known to man, and yells about all of them. Anytime a day. I've tried to lie down for naps before, now I don't even bother. I now have to yell at him for yelling! LOL

I don;t know whether to be embarrassed or not -- I've been a strong "communicator" with the TV all my life, whether it's sports, drama, or even a cooking show. huh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 25-Feb-2009, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

I only watch 7 channels on TV, 2 News Channels, CBC and CTV, Parliament Channel, History Channel, Discovery Channel, Space, and PBS. You will note that none are Sports Channels and when the sports come on the news channels I turn it off. I have not watched a Hockey Game other than the Canadian Womens Hockey when the Olympics are on since 1973. Don't like what they call Hockey now.

Camac.

LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 25-Feb-2009, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

lschillinger,

I only talk to the TV when on the news they show disturbing images...like a babysitter abusing a child while secretly videotaped...this kind of images just brings me out of my skin and I become very wild and agressive and not to say the least very vulgar towards the person I see on the screen censored.gif
That is why I can't watch the news as I talk all the time and get upset while my husband is a sports fan and if he could have a 100 TV set in the basement to watch everything at the same time he would but he never talks back to the TV though...no after a while all I hear is him snoring sleep1.gif

So much for a sports fan....men!!!!

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 26-Feb-2009, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

"Talking to (at) the TV" is an interesting phenomena. Whenever the evening news is on, I only hear about the first sentence of the story, cause my wife will then go on a tirade with her two cents on the subject. I've learned to listen with one ear on her and one on the story!

walkman.gif
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 26-Feb-2009, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I am bad about talking to the tv also. During the presidents speech the other night, hubby got up and went into another room because I couldn't keep my mouth shut. rolleyes.gif

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Leelee 
Posted: 27-Feb-2009, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Okay, what I would like to know is why is it the moment I crack open a book SO finds that this is his cue to start talking about his day or other topics??????

Meanwhile, there was ample time prior to the book being opened.......Never fails....everytime.....
PM               
lschillinger 
Posted: 27-Feb-2009, 09:11 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacHazel

female

QUOTE (Leelee @ 27-Feb-2009, 08:46 AM)
Okay, what I would like to know is why is it the moment I crack open a book SO finds that this is his cue to start talking about his day or other topics??????

Meanwhile, there was ample time prior to the book being opened.......Never fails....everytime.....

LeeLee I have this problem at my house to. It doesn't matter if I'm going to read, start to use the lap top or try to close my eyes. We can sit in silence for three hours and as soon as I attempt to divert my attention to something else its conversation time. I love it when I'm in the living room with him watching TV (of course its usually always one of his tv programs smile.gif ) and I say I'm going to close my eyes for a few minutes, ok he says, two minutes of silence then (of course JUST enough time to drift off), hey you know what so and so did at work today......lol. I've asked him before if he had a sensor that could detect the moment I've actually started to drift off. He likes to do this at bed time too.

As I said before, I've totally given up on napping! And I can't sleep well at night because he snores so bad!!
flora 
Posted: 11-Apr-2009, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

So who do you think are the best dancers? Why do American men have such a hard time with dancing? Let's face it, they just don't have the same flair as South American or European men. It is almost as if they are afraid they might break something. Is it really that hard to loosen up and show passion in dancing?

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 11-Apr-2009, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I always thought I was born with two left feet.

Slŕinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 11-Apr-2009, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (flora @ 11-Apr-2009, 05:03 PM)
So who do you think are the best dancers? Why do American men have such a hard time with dancing? Let's face it, they just don't have the same flair as South American or European men. It is almost as if they are afraid they might break something. Is it really that hard to loosen up and show passion in dancing?

Flora

We just don't socialize them to do it young enough. More of them have the talent than are willing to admit it, but feel foolish or exposed to ridicule from their peers. The culture has to value a really dashing male dancer for them to take a chance. Somehow the idea that their guy friends are going to laugh at them is stronger than the idea that it might make them a chick magnet.

Talking about European men with the flair: Did you ever see that neat little film with Antonio Banderas called "Take the Lead"? A little bit corny, as a film (supposedly based on a true story) about a French dance teacher that transforms a bunch of gritty city kids into a terrific dance troupe, but the effect of a guy who really knows how to dance, including all the manners and courtesies to the woman that go with it, on the women in the film is fun to see.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 11-Apr-2009, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

You got it. I can dance a little but I am "stiff and uncomfortable and it shows.

Slŕinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]