Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 11-Nov-2005, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

I'm back after being gone a couple of days.
Yesterday my oldest turned 20! Wow! I do not feel that old!
Had some interesting news yesterday. Due to some health issues, my in-laws are not returning to Arizona until after Thanksgiving. That means we will spend it with them. But there is a payoff: They are NOT coming back for Christmas this year! Do I sound mean? I don't intend to be. Its just that we spend the entire day of Christmas with them typically. And I mean all day!!!!!!!! Something like 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. It will be nice to have that day to ourselves for once.

A beautiful day here for November. No hot chocolate yet! wine.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Emmet 
Posted: 11-Nov-2005, 09:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

My fourth Veteran's Day service today, a day of long parades and suffering through the endless crocodile tears and insipid platitudes of tinpot politicians all day long, tonight I piped in the color and honor guards of several VFW, Korean Veteran, Vietnam Veteran, American Legion and Canadian Legion posts, and guess what; there was precisely one (1) too few folding chairs, so I stood at parade rest for an hour, with just a couple of calls to 'Attention' and 'Present Arms' to keep the circulation going in my extremities (I knew I was still perfusing, as my feet hurt way too bad to be numb). Finally the chaplain steps up to the podium for the invocation, and says that although he's usually a man of few words, he hopes nobody minds if he takes a few more minutes ***GROAN***.
He asked all those in attendance who have lost a friend or family member in combat to please stand up, and state their friend's name. In the response to that one simple request, he achieved everything the politicians for all their flowery words had miserably failed to express all day long, and suddenly my feet didn't hurt quite so bad after all.

MEMORIAM EORUM RETINEBIMUS

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 15-Nov-2005, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Hi, all! I don't know who watches the sky, but last night around 5:00 eastern standard time was spectacular. Venus was setting but still high, almost dead south (you will be likely to mistake it for an airplane, until you notice that it doesn't move) as the full moon and Mars were rising conjunct in the east. It looked like some kind of planetary love triangle happening. biggrin.gif Mars and Venus are both very bright, so I think they must both be retrograde (haven't checked). It should be almost as good tonight, so catch the show in the deep dusk after sunset.
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 15-Nov-2005, 10:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 15-Nov-2005, 10:30 AM)
It looked like some kind of planetary love triangle happening. biggrin.gif

wub.gif

PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 15-Nov-2005, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Venus isn't due to station and turn retrograde until Christmas eve. unsure.gif It's amazing how big and bright it looks already. Mars is in the middle of the retro cycle.

Just to make a note about positions of moon, Mars and Venus -- if you check an astrological ephemeris, you will find moon/Mars conjunct in Taurus last night. But if you consult astronomical charting material, Mars is in Aries. This is because of the precession of planets.

I dunno -- a love triangle involving a guy who'd rather be with his mom than with his extremely hot chick. (Just kidding -- both aspects of the eternal female, and both simply gorgeous in the sky.) But it sure is beautiful to see -- the myth is up there, literally right over your head, if you just look up.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Nov-2005, 12:58 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone!
This information about the sky is so interesting.. it is so cold here.. was 6 degrees and snow all over this morning. It has warmed up to a whopping 16 degrees now..
Where is that hot chocolate? Oh sorry thats the question only thread...lol laugh.gif

Take care everyone,

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 15-Nov-2005, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hello everyone!

I've been away for a week or so, but that's because we've had family visiting us laugh.gif - my parents are here, and we don't get this time together but once or twice a year. We've had so much fun!! Went up north to the White Mountains (New Hampshire - heaven!) over the weekend, and spent the time taking them to all our favorite places there. It's their first time up there, and they really loved it. It's wonderful having them here!

Stoirmeil, I've been watching the Moon, Mars, and Venus for two weeks -- made a point of showing our girls where Mars and Venus were on Halloween night. Last night was just beautiful! I was out there gazing (by myself), and marvelling at how bright the moonlight was! Even so, Mars was clear and bright just below it - an orange glow all it's own! We're getting rain today, through tonight, so I knew I'd better watch for awhile last night. Hope you're able to see them all again tonight.

Gwenlee, congrats on your house! That's wonderful news! Things do happen when the time is right, we just have to be patient. How did your daughter's dinner go? I hope she enjoyed herself, and tasted lots of good dishes. Our daughters have both had similar experiences, and both really enjoyed it, too!

Hi Eventide and Celticfire! Good to see you both here. I can't wait to hear your news, either!

MMMmmmmm Hot Chocolate tongue.gif tongue.gif ! I'm old fashioned, must make it with milk and Hershey's chocolate syrup warmed up on the stove. Only way for us! * passing mugs all around!*

Emmet, I'm sorry you had to stand all through those long ceremonies. Even at parade rest, it's very difficult and tiring. Your Piping really is a gift to everyone, and I hope you know how much it's appreciated.

JP, you're not that old - your son's just catching up to you laugh.gif Everyone should stay young in their heart, so don't let the calendar discourage you! Enjoy your warm days there while they last. (We're getting them two days after you are, and loving these late soft days. My snapdragons are even blooming again!)

Rindy, it's always wonderful to "see" you! I'm glad things are so good with you.

All my best to everyone! Time for me to go pick up kids. Take care, all.
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 17-Nov-2005, 05:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Brrr, it was cold yesterday!
It was in the mid-20s with a little bit of snow, though no accumulation.
I'm not ready for this yet!
PMEmail Poster               
Emmet 
Posted: 17-Nov-2005, 07:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

Getting dressed to go pipe for a whisky tasting last night around 7:00 PM, it was still 80 degrees, and I was trying (unsuccessfully) not to get too sweaty even before I left the house.
Fun time, though; admission limited to 40 people, with tables set up in a big circle. I piped the opening, intermission, and closing on the great pipes, and slowly walked 'round the circle widdershins piping slow airs on the smallpipes during the tasting. A 16 year old Lagavulin (my all-time favorite), a 20 year old Glenlivet, a port-casked Balvenie (runner up), and something else I'd never heard of before, but which faded from memory rather quickly when compared to the Lagavulin and Balvenie. Even got to take home 1/2 a bottle of the Lagavulin, which will be in my flask Saturday for the Dunedin Celtic Festival (we're supposed to get a cold front; they expect it to be only 75 on Saturday; almost kilt weather).
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 17-Nov-2005, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi!

Dreamer, I am so glad you could get with your family..How fun..I just read your post now I am craving a cup of hot chocolate..yum... Its good to see you-

jp, I think we are in for a heck of a winter if this is any indication.. It was snowing again here this morning-but the temp got up to 38 degrees today.. A heat wave--LOL laugh.gif I am not ready either..if it were Christmas time yes..

Emmet-sounds like you're going to have a good time tonight.. And a busy weekend ahead at the Dunedin Celtic Festival ..FUN!!! Its good to see you here.

Well got to try and catch up now..Have a good night...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 18-Nov-2005, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

blink.gif
Grrr!!! I sit down here at the computer to download some photos of my visit with CelticRose and dang it if the phone doesn't ring & a potential buyer wants to come see the house at 11!!!

I did manage to put some photos in my album in the Photo Gallery section...

I keep waiting for CelticRose to put some in hers, she got some good shots too!

Grrrrr - I'll be back. There's some catching up to do, I want to talk to you all!

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Rindy 
Posted: 18-Nov-2005, 08:30 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone...

SB I will go look I am sure you pictures are fantastic.. Thanks for posting them.

Ok, wow your mom was beautiful.. I liked the pictures alot. I liked the ones of you and CR.. I put all my vacation pictures in vacation pictures thread and just posted the link where I have them up. It is a lot easier..when you have a lot.

I hope eveyone has a great day-I have lots of errands to do..and lots of email to catch up on.

Take care everyone and keep warm.. I am off to the pictures- yee haw..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 18-Nov-2005, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

*whew* Well the potential buyer didn't spend 20 minutes looking around so I suppose he was either in a hurry to get to another house or he wasn't at all interested! rolleyes.gif
Poo.

Here is a link that shows a bunch of the photos from Arizona and Celtic Rose...

http://www.sggardner.photosite.com

And thanks for the reminder about the vacation pictures thread, Rindy! I totally forgot about it.

Dreamer, we too have been enjoying seeing those beautiful bright stars/planets in the night sky. Quite humbling and awesome all at the same time! The moon always cheers me up when I see it, and I miss it when its hiding...

SB
PM               
valpal59 
Posted: 19-Nov-2005, 07:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

SB, It was a pleasure to see your pictures. Thank-you. Arizona looks beautiful. I would love to go there someday. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-Nov-2005, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

hey y'all! Remember me?! I know I have not been around but things have been a bit crazy around my house as of lately and not much time to play on the net. I am attempting to catch up tonight, this morning...whatever you want to call it!

I had the most fabulous time with SB. OMG! I so miss her! I don't say that very often about folks who come to visit me, but she and my sisters can come visit me anytime as far as I am concerned!

SB, I finally as of today got all my pictures back. I uploaded on yahoo photo album the best shots and the best were poor. I finally did get my digital camera back the week after you left so that was a bummer but good to have it back!

In the meantime, I had my first RevWar re-enactment this past weekend to do. Been getting ready for that. Jay Leno's crew came out and filmed our particular unit. Not sure when they will air it, if ever. You know how those things go. I had full intentions of being an American rebel in the re-enactment, but they needed me on the British Tory side! laugh.gif So it was with my British pals I was with and stood beside on the battlefield!

I had a blast and this is my life...being an 18thc re-enactor! It was just too much fun and you learn so much about history! I made many new friends in the hobby! I spent the evening tonight talking to an anthropologist in the field! wow! How exciting is that? Well to me it is.

This week and next is very hectic. We have family coming in from all over due to our neice's wedding on Sunday, Fred's mother's 80th birthday, family reunion and then Thanksgiving in which Fred and I are going to CA to be with my sister for four days. Anxious to see and be with her.

Sorry I don't have time to catch up with y'all but I hope everyone is doing well. Take care and hugs!

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]