Annabelle 
Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 12:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Do you dread going to the dentists? Do you like to go in for teeth cleaning? If you were single would you date someone with no teeth or bad teeth?
Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Danann 
Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Alabama

female

1) No, I don't like to go to the dentist, but its something that has to be done... I don't like needles either, so doctors aren't my fav thing in the world.

2) I am single, and dating someone with bad teeth is really hard to do. People's teeth, a smile, is something that is a "first impression" thing. If you have a guy that you like... drop dead good looking, then he smiles, and he has 2 blackened teeth and green hangies from his gums... ew. I think I just succeded in grossing myself out.

--------------------
So, I have an new site that is pretty neat, Check out Dannah's Home Page

Also, for original storys or thoughts from me, check out my blog: Dannah's Blog
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

About five years ago I had to have all four wisdom teeth removed. All started well, and the doctor began his work.

Then, about 15 minutes into the procedure, the anesthesia wore off. Completely. But the good doctor was just getting started - to breaking up my sideways teeth so they could be removed.

I began my "protest", verbalized words and threats not in any dictionary, and a male nurse, with arms bigger than my legs, "assisted the doctor" by holding me in place while the doctor finished.

My sweet bride later helped me to the car.

blink.gif

Needless to say, I go only once per year to an official dentist and rely on my own personal hygene for day-to-day cleanliness. And on my one visit per year I keep a nervous and threatening stare into the dentist's eyes the entire time I'm in the chair.

evil.gif

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
talleyrand 
Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 01:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Kansas City, Missouri USA

male

Like may be a bit strong but I do enjoy it. My new dentist is rather fun. I've always been interested in medicine so she humours me by explaining everything that's going on, lets me look at X-rays, shares stories about when she was in medical school, talks about the changes that dentistry has seen... So for me, it's fun, it's educational, not terribly painful (even getting the cavities drilled) and the end result is what I want.

I was going to skip the question about bad teeth but then I got to thinking about a co-worker. While his teeth were all intact, they were ... yucky. I got to know him and after getting quite a few good, hard looks at them, they no longer distracted me when we're talking. He ended up getting them fixed so now it's moot. But I suppose that it'd entirely depend on the indescribable chemistry, that spark, that intangible thing that I always felt with anyone I flirted/dated. That was always what drove me to want to find out more about a person, not so much the way they looked, spoke or acted. Then again, I never flirted a gal with nasty teeth so it might have been a deal breaker. *shrug* Hopefully, I'll never have to be dating again.

Shamalama, that totally sucks. I can't believe that happened. You should have contacted your medical board about that treatment.

--------------------
I don't think of myself as a lion. You might as well, though - I have a mighty roar.
Jubel Early
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Annabelle 
Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 03:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

I like to go to the Dentist. I can go to sleep in the chair while they work on me.
Even when they are going to give me a shot it doesn't hurt. I just relax and before you know it I go sound asleep.
I had my wisedom teeth taken out and they put me to sleep too. Thank goodness I didn't wake up. In fact they had a hard time getting me to wake up. After a while I started coming awake and I heard the Dr say " I turned off the medication 30 minutes ago, she should be awake by now"
Laying there with my eyes closed I heard that: I said if you had to go home to 4 kids, you'd stay asleep too! He started laughing and said Yep, she's awake!

Annabelle
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ Feb 17 2004, 03:38 PM)
I like to go to the Dentist. I can go to sleep in the chair while they work on me.
Even when they are going to give me a shot it doesn't hurt. I just relax and before you know it I go sound asleep.
I had my wisedom teeth taken out and they put me to sleep too. Thank goodness I didn't wake up. In fact they had a hard time getting me to wake up. After a while I started coming awake and I heard the Dr say " I turned off the medication 30 minutes ago, she should be awake by now"
Laying there with my eyes closed I heard that: I said if you had to go home to 4 kids, you'd stay asleep too! He started laughing and said Yep, she's awake!

Annabelle

I remember when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I had to go to an oral surgeon because my regular dentist said that two of them looked like they'd be real tricky. The two on the left were really bad and the two on the right were getting there. I had them put me under. I also remember getting stoned every four hours for several days afterward because of the Tylenol 3 they gave me biggrin.gif .

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 04:16 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

ummh.. is that question a rhetorical one?
To be a dentist who likes his job you must have a small sadist streak in you... I mean ppl break out in cold sweat at the smell of the practice!

I'm blessed with white and strong healthy teeth (thank goodness!) so they don't really require much attention by the dentists. I never had a hole in my tooth all my life..
But when I lost my milkteeth the molars all splintered and the splinters had to be plucked out of my mouth one by one.
Also my lower jaw is too small to hold all the teeth that belong into it so my wisdom teeth were removed fairly early. Both holes actually infected and I was in agony for ages....

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

To answer the question, no I don't like going to the dentist for any reason. One reason: the drill. That sound eek.gif !!!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Gwydo 
Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Oregon

male

I too have to say that I dislike dentists. I had a similar experience to that of shamalama's. Novacain doesn't work on me and the dentist (Army) didn't believe me. I didn't have a choice for the gas or anything else since the hospital required 6 months advance notice for dental appointments.
Needless to say I had to be restrained in the chair and was in pain for days.

--------------------
Before you attempt to beat the odds...
Be sure you can survive the odds beating you.
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

My Dentists is also a personal friend. One day when I went in there to have a crown done he said "I wonder what you'd do if I gave you gas too". I'll bet you'd be really funny. I told him to go for it! I couldn't stop laughing! I told him all sorts of spicy jokes while he was working on my mouth.
Went home that afternoon and took a 3 hour nap. Mouth never did hurt.
A
PMEmail Poster               
talleyrand 
Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Kansas City, Missouri USA

male

Ehhhh, gas. When I was a kid, I never took care of my teeth and it showed. Every cleaning found a few cavities which I didn't mind because the fillings weren't bad and the gas was great. As I got older and realized these are the only teeth I'm getting, the fillings because less fun and fortunately less frequent as I became anal (after every meal and non-water drink) about brushing. However, genetics (thanks Mom! Dad didn't have a cavity until he was 40something) seem to be against me so I still get a cavity from time to time. At any rate, I remember quite clearly the last time I had gas. I was 19 or 20 (not able to legally drink and hadn't really violated that law) and I was getting a filling. I went in, sat in the chair, nitrous went on and that's the last thing I remember. I woke up at one point during the procedure and I just couldn't breathe enough oxygen. A few seconds of this and then I passed back out. When it was all said and done, I woke up and I was just drenched in sweat. I had never fallen asleep under gas and that bothered me. Waking up drenched in sweat bothered me more so and the fact that they let me drive home, really freaked me out. But not until that night, because I went home (my truck must have had autopilot) and collapsed into bed and slept another 4 hours without realizing a thing.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Annabelle 
Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 11:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Oh Talleyrand that's terrible. I hope your other visits aren't anything like that anymore.
I sorry you was miserable! Po Baby!
A crybaby.gif
PMEmail Poster               
birddog20002001 
Posted: 18-Feb-2004, 04:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Isle of Man
ZodiacRowan

Realm: North Carolina

male

Growing up with little money and no insurance we didn't get to go to the dentist very often. Mayby 3 times and when I was in the Army from 18-24 I got my teeth cleaned 3 times and about 8 months ago I went again. Mostly no problems I can be an obsessive brusher and flosser. However when I had 4 months left in the Army I went down to see if I could get a cleaning and they said it would be 6 months, I told them that would do me no good, then I asked about getting my wisdom teeth out. they said go in the other room, I asked is that where I make the appointment they said no they would take them out now. I said ok. I went in there and they took x-rays, numbed me up and then scored my wisdoms and got out a pair of plyers and started shaking my head back and forth until the teeth shattered, cleaned it up, gave me two percocet and a pat on the butt.

--------------------
"when a person is prepared to die for a cause, and indeed to glory in such a death, it impossible to supress him or the cause it represents." Jawaharlal Nehru

"Only the suppressed word is dangerous." Ludwig Borne

"All of our freedoms are a single bundle, all must be secure if any is to be preserved." Dwight David Eisenhower

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are both immortal and divine." Socrates
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]