Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bethlehem 2005- September, Who's coming this year?
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 28-Sep-2005, 11:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

I'd have to agree with Annabelle. I also hated those pants. They look like pajamas! Actually, I don't think I'd even wear something like that to bed! YUCK! Even jeans would have been so much better. He's an awesome musician though, so I guess that's what counts. rolleyes.gif wink.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 01-Oct-2005, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

The Civil War monument in the center of Easton, Pa. outside of the Crayola Factory. The had classical music playing over speakers and park benches to hang out on and relax.

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 01-Oct-2005, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

This is the band that had the baton twirler that came very close to whacking Annabelle.

PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 01-Oct-2005, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

One of the many bands getting ready to go out on the field for the competition.

PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 01-Oct-2005, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

More historical buildings along the festival grounds with the Bethlehem Hotel in the background.

PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 02-Oct-2005, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

Annabelle & A Shrule - Thanks for sharing some of your pics with us! I especially like the historical buildings - gives me a better feel for what Bethlehem looks like now and then...I take it that the photo by the lamp post is an annual thing then? How many times have you two been to Celtic Fest? I think next year I'll be making my plans earlier so that I can come too!

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 02-Oct-2005, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

It's Annabelle's second time but I have been there eight years in a row. Just keeps getting bigger each year. Still haven't heard an official figure of how many people but I heard on the Bethlehem radio station that it broke a record again. Eamon has been there many times, mostly for the encampments that he use to be involved with. It was the first time we got to meet. I knew he was there in previous years but we never got to hook up.

I was talking with Dave from, The Infamous Welsh Cookie Company, on Saturday night and he said that he brought 1600 dozen cookies to the fest and didn't think he would have much left to sell for Sunday. I didn't get a chance to go back to see how he did on Sunday but he showed me what he had left on Saturday night and it wasn't much.

Yes, I got my share and filled the freezer. laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 02-Oct-2005, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Well...thank goodness you got your share...and also..for a now fully stocked freezer! It seems like it was pretty big this year...so have to assume next year will be even bigger but it is a small town isn't it? I'd really like to come east for a visit...next October seems like a good time eh? I've only been to Wisconsin, Illinois and New York once. My visit to Westpoint was really interesting but I'd like to make a long visit. My oldest daughter is looking at a university in PA...so...who knows...
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 02-Oct-2005, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Don't procrastinate next year. Make your reservations at the hotel in late July or early August. We'll most likely stay at the Hilton Gardens again. Nice place and very easy ride into Bethlehem. Talking with the guy at the front desk at the hotel and he said that most of the hotels in the whole area were sold out. That's a lot of rooms. Must be 20 hotels just in the airport area alone and maybe another 30 between the Bethlehem and Allentown areas.
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 02-Oct-2005, 11:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I will take your advice on that A Shrule! My two youngest children are both very interested in history and love going to our Highland games here...but it is MUCH smaller than this in Bethlehem! I might bring them but hate for them to miss school so...could be that...Mom gets a holiday!! Hummm...sounds like a very good idea! I'll have this one on my 'tenative' schedule now...so as it gets closer - I'll be ready to go!
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 02-Oct-2005, 06:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

I should have a few more pics to post sometime this week. I still had film in the camera that needs to get developed. That should have a few of the group shots and few more of the bands that we saw.
PMEmail Poster               
TequilaNancy 
Posted: 03-Oct-2005, 07:23 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Quakertown, PA

female

QUOTE (A Shrule Egan @ 26-Sep-2005, 06:28 PM)

Hey Nancy, I thought I saw your hubby from a distance on Sunday but I wasn't sure if it was him. Was he with you???

Yes, we were by Donegal Square many times on Sunday. We were picking Neville's brains about some of his product line. We were also hanging out near Rocky and Kelly at USA Kilts fairly often.

We'll be working on getting Barleyjuice for the fest. We now have a direct connection and we'll be discussing many things with that person, for next year. Just need to make sure Barleyjuice doesn't have to play in the "Ice House". That's not a place for them to play. I complained about having The Barley Boys play there. That's a place for accoustic bands only.

Hey A Shrule,
Yup hubby was there as well, he has very long curly blonde hair, you couldn't miss him if you tried! lol

We were hangin' with Rocky and Kelly also. Boy were they busy!

Do you have a contact person to whom we can send the new press kit?
I've never been in the Ice House, but I'll take you're word for it, expecially since I, and I'm sure lots of people, don't even remember it's there half the time. I've been to that festival many times and still have not been in there!

Let me know what info you have.

Thanks bunches!

Slainte,
Nancy

P.S. Great pics by the way!
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 03-Oct-2005, 08:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Ah, Nancy, you forget that I met your hubby. I know what he looks like.

As for passing on the press kit, hold on for a little while. We have to give the committee time to digest this past fest before starting to build the next one. I'll try to PM the contact to you sometime this week. He already knows who BarleyJuice is, so it won't be to tough a sell. biggrin.gif You may actually know who I'm talking about but I'll surprise you with his name.
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 03-Oct-2005, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Nancy, forgot to tell you. The Dunedin Fest, in Florida, was looking for another band to play in November and I sent them the web page for BarleyJuice. Maybe we'll see you guys down there. Eighty degree weather in November sure beats the Philly weather.
PMEmail Poster               
TequilaNancy 
Posted: 05-Oct-2005, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Quakertown, PA

female

A Shrule, I do remember you met Swanny, but his hair was much shorter, no? biggrin.gif

Anyway, you do have me intrigued! Who is this contact person??? Can't wait to find out...you like keeping people in suspense, huh?

As for Florida, hmmm, sounds good to me!

They are working on playing a festival in Wisconsin and several other fests out in the midwest next summer. Will keep you posted.

They will be heading into the studio next month to record their third cd. Should be a hoot!

Cheers,
Nancy

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]