Mistress of the North Winds

Group:
Galicia

Zodiac:
Ivy

Birthday: 19-Oct-1983
Total Posts: 215
Realm: New Jersey

I love to sing and play instruments, the piano, flute, guitar, pennywhistle. Crafts are always fun. LOVE to read, mostly historical fiction. Hanging out with my friends and my little bro.

Use one of the links below to send me a personal message!

Listen to the best in Celtic Music @ 128kps on Highlander Radio!
Listen to soft streaming Celtic music from Highlander Radio!
A rowdy mix of hard rocking Celtic music from the Pubs of America, Canada, Ireland and Scotland.
Listen to Celtic Dance - Put on your Ghillies and clear the floor, it is now time for Jigs & Feels!

Journal Entries

Add Entry   

Reminiscent of Bygone Days
Posted by cori on Nov 18th, 2004 12:28 PM
I think we all have those funny stories we remember from when we were little. My sis and I were talking just the other day about one of them.

Cori1312: Hey madam
colenissie: howdy
Cori1312: working on your scrapbook?
colenissie: sort of. ordering prints.
colenissie: smile.gif
Cori1312: oh
colenissie: did you find any pictures of TJ?
Cori1312: yeah
colenissie: Who called last night at 8? Do you know?
Cori1312: it was probably mom
Cori1312: oh yeah she wanted to talk to CR
colenissie: oh well he’s sleeping right now, but I will have him call her when he gets up
Cori1312: she's out right now
Cori1312: breakfast with dad
colenissie: well don’t let her get rid of that china cabinet if you aren’t already asking about it.
Cori1312: oh please she'd never get rid of that thing
Cori1312: it takes up too much space
Cori1312: wink.gif
colenissie: lol
Cori1312: biggrin.gif
colenissie: Well, I didn't know but if she ever mentions getting rid of it...don’t let her. lol
Cori1312: ok
colenissie: Yes, I think in some far off way CR must be related to Mom somehow. lol
Cori1312: haha!!
colenissie: that cabinet and I have butted heads. lol
Cori1312: you're very close, is that it?
colenissie: no, the top of that thing fell on my head when I was little...grrr..>:o
Cori1312: O:) oh, really?
colenissie: yep.
colenissie: don’t you remember that?
Cori1312: I was kinda young.
colenissie: that’s why the glass was out of it for so long. I climbed up to look on the top of it over that decorative edge and was tippy toeing the edge and grabbed on the top. the top tipped over and caught it edge on the corner of the table. it hit me in the head and the glass shattered and it broke some of those old green stemware glasses...it was in Virginia
Cori1312: oh I've heard the story. mom told you something wasn't up there. you didn't believe her...
colenissie: Don’t let her get rid of that green stemware either...all three cups. lol
Cori1312: she wont'
Cori1312: and there are four cups
colenissie: and I was right not to believe because it was there, but I still shouldn’t have climbed the cabinet
Cori1312: There's an Irish proverb that says, there are two versions of every story, and at least twelve versions of every song.
colenissie: lol. yeah really.
colenissie: Did you see the pics that I got or did mom send them?
Cori1312: yes
colenissie: I’m going to have that one of you and I on the couch blown up. Did you want copies of any of them?
Cori1312: you and me on the couch?
colenissie: Yes,
colenissie: You had on one slipper and one shoe and you were holding a little blue purse...I think I had a sunburn
Cori1312: oh yes
colenissie: I loved the shoes...wink.gif
colenissie: not picking. just thought it was cute
Cori1312: I like the one of the three of us sitting on the little table in James's room
Cori1312: biggrin.gif hehehe
colenissie: oh yeah I think I was yawning or something...
colenissie: it was terrible. lol
Cori1312: oh I just found this on a website. It's an Irish Christmas blessing
Cori1312: The light of the Christmas star to you
The warmth of home and hearth to you
The cheer and good will of friends to you
The hope of a childlike heart to you
The joy of a thousand angels to you
The love of the Son and God's peace to you.
colenissie: cool
colenissie: oh that’s pretty.
colenissie: so did you say you did or didn’t want any copies of those pics?
Cori1312: nah I’ve got them here
colenissie: where’d you go?
Cori1312: still here
colenissie: oh ok...
Cori1312: I’m just entranced with a website
colenissie: oh I see. Well cut that out. lol
Cori1312: <a href='http://www.fortissimo.org/mp3/jukebox.asp?action=album&artist=Charlie+Zahm&album=16+%2D+The+Celtic+Concert' target='_blank'>http://www.fortissimo.org/mp3/jukebox.asp?...+Celtic+Concert</a>
Cori1312: copy and paste and you’ll see what has grabbed my attention
Cori1312: you there?
Cori1312: Helloooo???
colenissie: hold on
colenissie: Good grief
Cori1312: what?
Cori1312: didn't it work?
colenissie: lol. Yeah, it worked.
Cori1312: My favorite song is Rise and Follow Charlie
Cori1312: *sigh*
Cori1312: Cara has that CD. I am going to ask her to lend it to me.
Cori1312: She has it memorized anyway. She could let it go long enough for me to memorize it too. wink.gif
colenissie: yes. I follow Charlie everyday...work. ...home...work...church...shopping...
(Her husband’s name is CR, for Charles Richard.)
Cori1312: lol, no this is Bonnie Prince Charlie
colenissie: lol...as I said. I follow Charlie everyday smile.gif
Cori1312: Your bonnie prince, right?
Cori1312: wink.gif
colenissie: yep! knight in shining car
Cori1312: LOL!!!
Cori1312: I am still a lady in waiting.
colenissie: good girl!!!!!
Cori1312: Mom and Dad are back
colenissie: yes and my bonnie prince just woke up.
colenissie: I need to get going...
Cori1312: ok well, maybe I’ll call you later
colenissie: oh ok.. I was just fixing to say the same thing...lol
colenissie: well talk to you later then. Love you smile.gif
Cori1312: ok bye

Aren't families fun? smile.gif

Comments: 0 View/Add Comments

A Daughters Prayer for her Parents
Posted by cori on Nov 13th, 2004 8:25 AM
Father, let my dad be a man like David, "...the Lord hath sought him a man after his oen heart..."(1 Samuel 13:14)
Let my mother be more concerned with the hidden man of the heart than with outward beauty, for "it is the ornament of a meek...spirit which is in the sight of God of great price." (1 Peter 3:4)
God, let their friends be godly people who seek to build them up, not tear them down. (Proverbs 13:20)
I pray that they would hunger after righteousness and thirst after you (Matthew 5:6; Psalm 42:1), that they would love Your Word and seek to memorize and meditate on it (Psalm 19:97).
Give them the grace to have their thoughts stayed on Christ (Isaiah 26:3) and help them to bring every thought to the captivity of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5).
Make my dad into a man of faith and my mother into a woman of faith (Titus 2:2-3).
God, please preserve them. Let them put their trust in You (Psalm 16:1) and keep them from evil (John 17:23).
I pray they would ask You for wisdom when they don't know which way to turn (James 1:5); that they would live their lives, sacrificing to God a broken and contrite heart (Psalm 51:17); that they would understand and fulfill the need of dying to self like the corn and wheat (John 12:24); that they would not allow a root of bitterness to spring up in their lives, that they would forgive others who hurt them or me and follow in peace with all men (Hebrews 4:14-15); that they would desire nothing in heaven or on earth more than they desire God (Psalm 73:25); that they would have servants' hearts and seek ways to serve others (Matthew 25:23); that they would have a burden for the lost and seek to help them find a Saviour in Christ (Matthew 28:19-20).
Lord, please provide for their needs in such a way that their faith and love for You would be increased (Philippians 4:19).
Use my parents to keep me from evil (2 Thessalonians 3:3). Help Dad to turn his heart to me, and I to turn my heart to him (Malachi 6:4-6). Work through them for my future spouse (Genesis 24:14).
I pray they would have very sensitive consciences and that sin in their lives and in the lives of others would cause them much pain (John 8:9).
Amen.

"That our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace." Psalm 144:12b

Down time
Posted by cori on Nov 12th, 2004 1:56 PM
Everyone is out right now, so I thought I’d sneak a few minutes online. Today is such a lovely day. Though I suppose most of ye wouldn’t think so, for it is raining today. But I love the rain. It makes the world so refreshing and cool. This is a perfect November afternoon.

I have been in the kitchen all morning. I love to bake. I think I am on my fourth batch of cookies. Normally I don’t bake this much at once, just a cake or brownies, but I am baking for a friend of mine who moved to Texas last year. He lives with six other guys in a sort of dorm. Since he doesn’t get very many homemade goodies, I like to make some once in a while for him. I haven’t in a long time.

Well, Christmas is on the way already. I have been working at presents since September. This year, my family decided to do only gifts that are homemade, which is ok for me because I like to make things; quilts, clothes, crosstitch pictures and crocheted shawls. However, as I said, I have been at it since early September and I will probably still be at it until the 23rd of December. My mother insisted that I put some of my… *sniffs the air* …COOKIES!!!

Ok, back again. I hate when that happens. Anyway, I was saying that my mom wants me to put my cookies in the freezer until Christmas comes around. That way, we won’t have to make any then. That’s what she says. What she means is that she doesn’t want them around tempting her. They won’t last till Christmas anyway. I mean, it’s way too easy to reach in the freezer, grab a couple cookies and eat them with hot cocoa. Sinful, aren’t we? smile.gif

Twenty-first Birthday
Posted by cori on Oct 20th, 2004 1:15 PM
Just noticed the little 'journal' icon in my profile and thought I'd check it out. Made a new buddy, susieq. Going to read a book together called "The Divine Romance". Looks good.

Comments: 1 View/Add Comments

Clickable Smilies
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 

Please Add your Entry

Title:

My Signature:

Leslie

~That would be an awfully big adventure.

~Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!