Leelee 
Posted: 26-Jun-2010, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Two women were out for a Saturday stroll. One had a Doberman and the other, a Chihuahua.

As they walked down the street, the one with the Doberman said to her friend, "Let's go over to that bar for a drink."

The lady with the Chihuahua said, "We can't go in there...we've got the dogs with us."

The one with the Doberman said, "Just watch, and do as I do."

They walked over to the bar and the one with the Doberman put on a pair of dark glasses and started to walk in.

The bouncer at the door said, "Sorry, lady, no pets allowed."

The woman with the Doberman said, "You don't understand. This is my seeing-eye dog."

The bouncer said, "A Doberman?"

The woman said, "Yes, they're using them now. They're very good."

The bouncer said, "OK, come on in."

The lady with the Chihuahua thought that convincing him that a Chihuahua was a seeing-eye dog may be a bit more difficult, but thought,"What the heck," so she put on her dark glasses and started to walk in.

Once again the bouncer said, "Sorry, lady, no pets allowed."

The woman said, "You don't understand. This is my seeing-eye dog."

The bouncer said, "A Chihuahua?"

The woman said indignantly, "A Chihuahua? They gave me a bloody Chihuahua?!"
PM               
wdorholt 
Posted: 26-Jun-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Perham, Minnesota

male

One afternoon a man came home from work to find total mayhem in his house. His three children were outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard. The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house. Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall. In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.

In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door. He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife.

He was worried she may be ill, or that something serious had happened. He found her lounging in the bedroom, still curled in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered and asked, "What happened here today?"

She again smiled and answered, "You know everyday when you come home from work and ask me what in the world did I do today?"

"Yes," was his incredulous reply.

She answered, "Well, today I didn't do it."

--------------------
Is beannaithe iad a shantaíonn an ceartas
(Blessed are those who desire justice)
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 27-Jun-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

The Chemistry professor, on the first day of class, asked everyone to name the most outstanding contribution chemistry had made to society.

When his turn came, one student answered, "Blondes!"

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 27-Jun-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

My kid is just as smart as the kid next door, who also failed.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 27-Jun-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Negotiations between union members and their employer were at an impasse. The union denied that their workers were flagrantly abusing their contract's sick-leave provisions.

One morning at the bargaining table, the company's chief negotiator held aloft the morning edition of the newspaper.

"This man," he announced, "Called in sick yesterday!"

There on the sports page was a photo of the 'supposedly' ill employee, who had just won a local golf tournament with an excellent score.

The silence in the room was broken by a union negotiator.

"Wow," he said. "Think of the score he could have had if he hadn't been sick!"

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 27-Jun-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

A young man called his mother and announced excitedly that he had just met the woman of his dreams. Now what should he do?

His mother had an idea: "Why don't you send her flowers, and on the card invite her to your apartment for a home- cooked meal?"

He thought this was a great strategy, and a week later, the woman came to dinner. His mother called the next day to see how things had gone.

"I was totally humiliated," he moaned. "She insisted on washing the dishes."

"What's wrong with that?" asked his mother. "I think it's a wonderful gesture."

"We hadn't started eating yet."

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 27-Jun-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

These are real notes written from parents in a Mississippi School District. (Spellings have been left intact.)

My son is under a doctor's care and should not take P.E. today. Please execute him.

Please excuse Lisa for being absent. She was sick and I had her shot.

Dear School: Please ekscuse John being absent on Jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, and also 33

Please excuse Roland from P.E. for a few days.Yesterday he fell out of a tree and misplaced his hip.

John has been absent because he had two teeth taken out of his face.

Chris will not be in school cus he has an acre in his side.

Please excuse Jimmy for being. It was his father's fault.

I kept Billie home because she had to go Christmas shopping because I don't know what size she wear.

Please excuse Jennifer for missing school yesterday. We forgot to get the Sunday paper off the porch, and when we found it Monday, we thought it was Sunday.

Maryann was absent December 11-16, because she had a fever, sore throat, headache and upset stomach. Her sister was also sick, fever and sore throat, her brother had a low grade fever and ached all over. I wasn't the best either, sore throat and fever. There must be something going around, her father even got hot last night.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 27-Jun-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Rules for Good Housekeeping (Especially for men!)

1. It is time to clean out the refrigerator when something closes the door from the inside.

2. Keep it clean enough for healthy, dirty enough for happy.

3. Never make fried chicken in the nude.

4. Do not engage in unarmed combat with a dust bunny big enough to choke the vacuum cleaner.

5. You make the beds, you do the dishes and six months later you have to start all over again.

6. If guys were suppose to hang clothes up, door knobs would be bigger.

7. My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.

8. Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

9. Cobwebs artfully draped over lampshades reduce the glare from the bulb, thereby creating a romantic atmosphere.

10. When writing your name in the dust on the table, omit the date.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 27-Jun-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

A friend asked me to replace the rotted post that her mail- box sat on, but to save the beloved old box.

I managed to extract all but one of the rusty nails in the bottom of the mailbox. To free the last nail, I wrapped my arms around the box in a bear hug and started yanking up. Just then a truck came by, and the driver stuck his head out the window...

"I tried that," he said, "but the bills just keep on coming."

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 27-Jun-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

After a trial had been going on for three days, Finley, the man accused of committing the crimes, stood up and approached the judge's bench. "Your Honor, I would like to change my plea from 'innocent' to 'guilty' of the charges."

The judge angrily banged his fist on the desk. "If you're guilty, why didn't you say so in the first place and save this court a lot of time and inconvenience?" he demanded.

Finley looked up wide-eyed and stated, "Well, when the trial started I thought I was innocent, but that was before I heard all the evidence against me."

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 28-Jun-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

A little girl walks into the family room one Sunday morning where her father is reading the paper.

"Where does poo come from?" she asks.

The father, feeling a little perturbed that his 5-year-old daughter is already asking difficult questions, thinks for a moment and says: "Well, when we eat the food goes into our tummies and our bodies take out all the good stuff, and then whatever is left over comes out of our bottoms when we go to the toilet. That is poo."

The little girl looks perplexed, and stares at him in stunned silence for a few seconds and asks: "And Tigger?"

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
wdorholt 
Posted: 30-Jun-2010, 12:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Perham, Minnesota

male

An American tourist was driving in County Kerry, when his motor stopped. He got out to see if he could locate the trouble. A voice behind him said, "The trouble is the carburetor." He turned around and only saw an old horse. The horse said again, "It's the carburetor that's not working." The American nearly died with fright, and dashed into the nearest pub, had a large whiskey, and told Murphy the bartender what the horse had said to him.

Murphy said, "Well, don't pay any attention to him, he knows nothing about cars anyway."
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 30-Jun-2010, 08:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Brenda's 6 year old was explaining to the other kids what "extinct" meant:

"Well," she said in all seriousness, "it means that the dinosaurs are all dead and have been dead so long they don't stink anymore, that's why they call them exstinkt."

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 30-Jun-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Relatives gathered for the reading of the Last Will And Testament after a long awaited death.

The lawyer opened the envelope, and read solemnly: "Being of sound mind and body, I spent every last cent before I died."

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 30-Jun-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

In the school cafeteria, several college students were talking about their various courses. One said, "Calculus is the toughest course in the world."

A second said, "You're crazy. Trigonometry is ten times harder."

The third a football recruit, said, "You guys must be kidding. You ever hear of something called subtraction?"

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]