Camac
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Patch and the rest of the Old Farts;

For the life of me I don't know why but something my Dad said to me along time ago when I was teasing him about growing old just popped into my mind. I will render the cleaned up version. He said:"Just remember the day is coming for you when a good evacuation of the lower digestive tract will feel as good as if not better than a good session of making love." Methinks the old bugger might have been right. wink.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Camac.

LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 30-Aug-2008, 04:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif This is way too funny,way too funny....

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 30-Aug-2008, 06:55 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

LOA;

They say one should grow old with Grace. That may be fine but I don't know any women named Grace except for my Step-grandmother and hell shes' been dead for forty years. Didn't like her anyways.

Camac.

LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 30-Aug-2008, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (Camac @ 30-Aug-2008, 08:55 AM)
LOA;

They say one should grow old with Grace. That may be fine but I don't know any women named Grace except for my Step-grandmother and hell shes' been dead for forty years. Didn't like her anyways.

Camac.

Awwwww! You're as bad as it gets!!!!!! biggrin.gif

LOA
PM My Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 30-Aug-2008, 09:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Lady-of-Avalon @ 30-Aug-2008, 09:54 PM)
QUOTE (Camac @ 30-Aug-2008, 08:55 AM)
LOA;

Camac.

Awwwww! You're as bad as it gets!!!!!! biggrin.gif

LOA

I had an Aunt named Grace who was into womens lib before the term was coined. She helped raise me till I was about 3. She divorced in 1947 and went on to become an extremely successful business woman (now deceased). Maybe Grace does not want to grow old with men!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
olorin 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 05:34 AM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

Realm: Virginia

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
174,683 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Well I will be shortly turning 40, and I do tend to fart alot. I think that officially qualifies me to post here.
There are two things I've heard from elderly people about aging that made me laugh. One from my grandfather which I wish I could repeat here, but it's quite naughty. The old man had alot of of Irish in him so you can imagine I bet. The other I heard on the radio a few years back. Someone was asking an older gentleman about aging to which he replied, "It's not so bad, the only difference is when you bend over to pick something up you look around to see if there's anything else you need while your down there." I doesn't seem to sound as funny here, I guess it was the way that guy said it that made it humorous to me.

--------------------
Slàinte,
Olórin of Valinor
-----------------------------------------
You can't regret what you don't decide - Shimon Moore
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
Camac
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 06:16 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

I have observed that as one grows older the Gravitational Attraction or the Earth increases. At age 50 it is the normal 1g, at 55 it is 2gs, at age 60 it is 4 gs, at 65 it is 16 gs, etc. Bending over is easy as gravity assists it's getting back up that's the trick.

Camac.

ctbard 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 06:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Connecticut

female

QUOTE (007dust @ 05-Sep-2008, 06:34 AM)
Well I will be shortly turning 40, and I do tend to fart alot. I think that officially qualifies me to post here.
There are two things I've heard from elderly people about aging that made me laugh. One from my grandfather which I wish I could repeat here, but it's quite naughty. The old man had alot of of Irish in him so you can imagine I bet. The other I heard on the radio a few years back. Someone was asking an older gentleman about aging to which he replied, "It's not so bad, the only difference is when you bend over to pick something up you look around to see if there's anything else you need while your down there." I doesn't seem to sound as funny here, I guess it was the way that guy said it that made it humorous to me.

40"s nothing, the closer you get to 50 you decline rapidly.If I feel this decrepid at 48, I can only imagine how I will feel at 80, if I ever get that old that is.
Oh, I would love to be 27 again.

--------------------
The devil whispered behind the leaves, it's pretty but is it art?
Rudyard Kipling
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 07:20 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

ctbard;

For me 27 was a bad age. On my 27th birthday, Sept 30th, at precisely 3:00 pm a group of gentlemen of the Oriental persuation did work grievous harm upon my body causing excrutiating pain and the loss of some exterior covering and musculature. The only two good things that happened at that age was I got married and my oldest daughter was born. Oh. I did meet L.B.J. that year.

Camac.

ctbard 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Camac @ 05-Sep-2008, 08:20 AM)
ctbard;

For me 27 was a bad age. On my 27th birthday, Sept 30th, at precisely 3:00 pm a group of gentlemen of the Oriental persuation did work grievous harm upon my body causing excrutiating pain and the loss of some exterior covering and musculature. The only two good things that happened at that age was I got married and my oldest daughter was born. Oh. I did meet L.B.J. that year.

Camac.

Camac,
Actually, I have no idea why I picked the age of 27, just came to me. I think really the age of 35 wood be better.
All I know is that this year has really stunk.
I need a nap badly right now, I've slept horribly all week, id I had a blanket I think I'd even take a nap on the work bench here at our shop.
Camac
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 12:02 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

ctbard;

What the hey 27 is as good an age as any. Methinks you might be overdoing it a little take care and if you feel like resting do so. How is your husband doing well I hope.

Camac.

ctbard 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Camac @ 05-Sep-2008, 01:02 PM)
ctbard;

What the hey 27 is as good an age as any. Methinks you might be overdoing it a little take care and if you feel like resting do so. How is your husband doing well I hope.

Camac.

Camac;
My husband is doing OK, it really too ALOT out of him, it's really going to take a long time to get his strength back I think, I'm shooting for New Years.
Camac
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

ctbard;

Glad to hear. Just remember to look after yourself also. Slow and steady,slow and steady.

Camac.

LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 01:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (Camac @ 05-Sep-2008, 08:16 AM)
I have observed that as one grows older the Gravitational Attraction or the Earth increases. At age 50 it is the normal 1g, at 55 it is 2gs, at age 60 it is 4 gs, at 65 it is 16 gs, etc. Bending over is easy as gravity assists it's getting back up that's the trick.

Camac.

Holy pooh.gif I think I'm over the hill already...especially today that's the way I feel right now puke.gif

Maybe I should get the bottle of scotch and just drink it 'til I drop dead at least it there'll be a reason...if I woke up eventually.... sad.gif

ctbard Posted on 05-Sep-2008, 02:23 PM

My husband is doing OK, it really too ALOT out of him, it's really going to take a long time to get his strength back I think, I'm shooting for New Years. 

Camac Posted on 05-Sep-2008, 02:26 PM

ctbard;
Glad to hear. Just remember to look after yourself also. Slow and steady,slow and steady.

Camac. 

ctbard,

I second what Camac is stating above for if you do not slow down the body will send you some nasty message, like I'm feeling now, to slow down.

Take it easy dear,
LOA smile.gif
PM My Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 06-Sep-2008, 07:28 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

It is generally acknowledged that with Age comes Wisdom and wisdom is equated to intelligence. Therefore it is surmised that as one grows older one grows wiser and more intelligent. Well if this is the case don't you think that out of all those wise intelligent "Old Farts" someone would have figured out a way to stop the aging process.

Camac.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]