> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
CelticRoz 
Posted: 20-Jan-2007, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Keltic! That is so funny what you were saying about what Canadians complain about. biggrin.gif Anyway, I guess you got hit with the snow too, eh? I have family up in Portland, Oregon and was watching a video of a 15 car slip in slide accident frenzy on ice! Gosh! I am so glad I don't have to deal with that anymore. We complain about how hot it is here every summer in Arizona, but as long at the a/c or swamp cooler doesn't break down, we're fine until we go outdoors! Well, glad you won't be at the Fergus festival cause my friends who live up there and can't attend the festival would have been sad about you not being set up there. I have been to Bethlehem, PA a couple times. Beautiful country! I hope you do very well in the new places to set up at this year.

ballydun, I meant to ask if you were having snow and ice up where you live. I know you all get some some years, but wasn't aware how bad it has been. Be safe and take care!

Roberto, wishing and praying for you a much better job that you will absolutely love! Keep us posted!

JP, ooh my! You and your family be very careful out there! And here I am griping about the wind blowing my car door against the gas pump pillar. Seems so minute!

Val, You get a lot of wind too, eh? My hubby said I wasn't being careful enough and now it has cost me. I know it could be worse, but it was a brand new car. But there are lots of people out there in this horrific snow, ice getting their brand new cars banged up worse and possibly losing their lives and here I sit and whine! Shame on me. I haven't purchased the glucosimine yet...will have to go to Wal-mart this week and get it then. I have to take my Nikki dog to the vet this week anyway. something is not right with him. I said something to my hubby about it last night that the dog's face seemed really drawn and my husband said he had noticed the very same thing! Funny how we know our furry kids so well. So Nikki is going to a full check up on Tuesday, that was the earliest I could get him in! Surprisingly, we have a major shortage of vets in Arizona! Everybody else is moving here, why not the veternarians! unsure.gif

Mike, good luck on your job search!

Take care, all!

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
briantheflute 
Posted: 20-Jan-2007, 04:16 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Kettering, Tasmania

male

Beannachtaí! Bail ó Dhia oraibh! Greetings to everyone!

I’ve been very busy and am just catching up. Reading your recent posts has been illuminating to say the least and certainly covers the gamut of emotions.

It has been a similar time for me and I might share a little here.

Just before Christmas I’d had the rough end in my job, and I was stranded and worried. I got through that period not but was worried about getting into debt. I sort of invented a managerial post for myself when I walked into a shop where I saw a sign asking for an assistant and I’ve been in my position for three weeks now.

The downside is that at the end of my second week someone, maybe an employee and maybe not, entered my office and walked out with my camera bag! In it were two cameras, one with a 100-300mm telephoto lens and the other with a 28-80mm macro lens, and other sundries. Sadly two rolls of undeveloped film were included which I know had fantastic shots of birds feeding their young in nests!

Even worse…in the side pouch were my passport and birth certificate!

Total cost for replacement AUS$2,247 and I didn’t have insurance. The company is investigating if their policies might cover me.

The loss hurts but even more is that some low life exploits other people’s postive natures. I noticed immediately that management had an open door policy and when I was handed my keys I followed suit, and that action has been defiled and I have been invaded so to speak. sad.gif

Celtic Rose I feel so much for you and the fraud with your credit card. It’s similar isn’t it? Some else getting things at your expense. And then your mishap with the car. I hope things get better!

Whilst mentioning jobs Mike F and Roberto, and anyone else in that situation, I have been thinking of you and praying for success for you. I’ve been along that road many, many times and it isn’t nice!

Mike and others, I don’t have a team I support in American Football but I do remember that the Bears had a big player back in the 80s called “The Fridge” Was he someone Perry?

I’ve lived most of my life without a TV but where I was living there was a pub which had some of the newer channels and I watched a number of games including a couple of Superbowls. As a spectacle I found it a fascinating experience. I do think the commercial breaks are too many, but the one thing I noticed was that the spectator facilities were and are brilliant. I saw that too when America embraced Soccer. The grounds and facilities were so far ahead of those in Britain.

Keltic I saw in your profile that you are a McPherson. Are you related to any of the McPhersons from around Carlisle in Cumbria, England. The city, over the years, was in Scotland or England depending on battles, but now it is in England and has the nickname of the Border City. Anyway I knew and played with a very fine Scottish fiddle player called James McPherson. Maybe you’re related.

Hey Dreamer you’ve made me feel ok! I leave my Christmas cards up for ages. It’s so lovely to look at them and the messages. I think that those greetings, thoughts and prayers last forever and not just for the 12 days of Christmas. So why take down and put away such beautiful thoughts?

Valpal I hope your Cody is fine. Likewise for all of you animal lovers and guardians! I’ve only had one dog, but have looked after hundreds, and other animals, for other people. I’m looking after more animals at the moment for people who are away on holidays. I don’t charge them for it; I do it because it’s a good thing to do and sure beats kennels and such like. I literally “interview” the animals be they cows, sheep, horses, dogs or cats or whatever so that they get my scent, voice and it’s not a shock when I just roll up! I’ve made many animal friends that way and they don’t forget!

Rindy I hope your absence is maybe pleasure or work, and not that you are ill or anything of a negative nature.

Must close here. All love and peace to everyone.

Brian xxx smile.gif

--------------------
My peace I give you, unto you I give my peace. (John 14:27)
PMEmail Poster               
briantheflute 
Posted: 20-Jan-2007, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAsh

male

I’ve been very busy and am just catching up. Reading your recent posts has been illuminating to say the least and certainly covers the gamut of emotions.

Just before Christmas I’d had the rough end in my job, and I was stranded and worried. I got through that period not but was worried about getting into debt. I sort of invented a managerial post for myself when I walked into a shop where I saw a sign asking for an assistant and I’ve been in my position for three weeks now.

The downside is that at the end of my second week someone, maybe an employee and maybe not, entered my office and walked out with my camera bag! In it were two cameras, one with a 100-300mm telephoto lens and the other with a 28-80mm macro lens, and other sundries. Sadly two rolls of undeveloped film were included which I know had fantastic shots of birds feeding their young in nests!

Total cost for replacement AUS$2,247 and I didn’t have insurance. The company is investigating if their policies might cover me.

The loss hurts but even more is that some low life exploits other people’s postive natures. I noticed immediately that management had an open door policy and when I was handed my keys I followed suit, and that action has been defiled and I have been invaded so to speak. sad.gif

Celtic Rose I feel so much for you and the fraud with your credit card. It’s similar isn’t it? Some else getting things at your expense. And then your mishap with the car. I hope things get better!

Whilst mentioning jobs Mike F and Roberto, and anyone else in that situation, I have been thinking of you and praying for success for you. I’ve been along that road many, many times and it isn’t nice!

Mike and others, I don’t have a team I support in American Football but I do remember that the Bears had a big player back in the 80s called “The Fridge” Was he someone Perry?

I’ve lived most of my life without a TV but where I was living there was a pub which had some of the newer channels and I watched a number of games including a couple of Superbowls. As a spectacle I found it a fascinating experience. I do think the commercial breaks are too many, but the one thing I noticed was that the spectator facilities were and are brilliant. I saw that too when America embraced Soccer. The grounds and facilities were so far ahead of those in Britain.

Keltic I saw in your profile that you are a McPherson. Are you related to any of the McPhersons from around Carlisle in Cumbria, England. The city, over the years, was in Scotland or England depending on battles, but now it is in England and has the nickname of the Border City. Anyway I knew and played with a very fine Scottish fiddle player called James McPherson. Maybe you’re related.

Hey Dreamer you’ve made me feel ok! I leave my Christmas cards up for ages. It’s so lovely to look at them and the messages. I think that those greetings, thoughts and prayers last forever and not just for the 12 days of Christmas. So why take down and put away such beautiful thoughts?

Valpal I hope your Cody is fine. Likewise for all of you animal lovers and guardians! I’ve only had one dog, but have looked after hundreds, and other animals, for other people. I’m looking after more animals at the moment for people who are away on holidays. I don’t charge them for it; I do it because it’s a good thing to do and sure beats kennels and such like. I literally “interview” the animals be they cows, sheep, horses, dogs or cats or whatever so that they get my scent, voice and it’s not a shock when I just roll up! I’ve made many animal friends that way and they don’t forget!

Rindy I hope your absence is maybe pleasure or work, and not that you are ill or anything of a negative nature.

Brian xxx smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
briantheflute 
Posted: 20-Jan-2007, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAsh

male

Brian xxx smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
briantheflute 
Posted: 20-Jan-2007, 04:21 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAsh

male

Brian xxx smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
briantheflute 
Posted: 20-Jan-2007, 04:26 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAsh

male

Hey! I only pressed the button once! I know I've been away a while but I didn't want to make you read it four times? Anyone any idea of what makes this happen?

Brian x
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 20-Jan-2007, 04:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (briantheflute @ 20-Jan-2007, 04:16 PM)

Briantheflute, I hope you have success in your new position. I have been praying to St. Anthony of Padua (patron saint of hopeless causes) and to St. Michael for help.

Yes, there was a player for the Chicago Bears named William "The Refrigerator" Perry. He was so nicknamed because he was big in contrast to the players of his time.

As to your soccer comment, some Americans have embraced it, particularly the Latino-Americans. There are a few soccer-only venues here in the States (the Chicago Major League Soccer team, the Chicago Fire, play in a stadium in the suburb next to me; I haven't been there, but it looks very nice from the outside), but most of our soccer pitches are actually built for American football.

The commercial breaks for the Super Bowl are too long, but the networks (the Super Bowl is on a different network every year) aren't going to turn down the mountains of cash they get for them anytime soon.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
briantheflute 
Posted: 21-Jan-2007, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAsh

male

Hey Mike! That's right! He was really big. There was a player also stood out for me, like one of those who made all those touch downs, but I can't think of his team. Walter? Painton?Payton? But he seemed to die too young if my memory is working properly.

Want to know something funny/strange? When we moved house when I was young our new house was already called "Padua". I know all about him and the other saints. I still carry a St. Christopher on my keyring and I don't care if he was relegated by Rome. He'll do for me!

All best wishes in your jobsearch. I don't say luck because that's something you make yourself. Keep well, and your head up!

On a general note we had an incredible rainfall here in Tasmania today. Oh believe me, heavy rain and was it ever needed. The farmers here have had it tough, not as much as the mainland but tough all the same. It's just in time for apple growers and it'll make the fruit swell Nature's way and not by the spraying from the dams. They got hammered at blossom time with the latest frosts ever, and half the crop expectations were wiped out.

I hope everyone is well and having a good weekend,

Bye and tunzaluv!

Brian x smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 21-Jan-2007, 03:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (briantheflute @ 21-Jan-2007, 09:21 AM)
Hey Mike! That's right! He was really big. There was a player also stood out for me, like one of those who made all those touch downs, but I can't think of his team. Walter? Painton?Payton? But he seemed to die too young if my memory is working properly.

Want to know something funny/strange? When we moved house when I was young our new house was already called "Padua". I know all about him and the other saints. I still carry a St. Christopher on my keyring and I don't care if he was relegated by Rome. He'll do for me!

All best wishes in your jobsearch. I don't say luck because that's something you make yourself. Keep well, and your head up!

Walter Payton was his name. He died of cancer several years ago.

Yeah, they still sell the St. Christopher medallions at the religious gift stores. As I do a lot of driving on the highways when I'm out looking for employment, I keep a medallion of St. Christopher (patron saint of truck drivers and travelers) in my car.
MDF3530 
Posted: 21-Jan-2007, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

My Bears are headin' to Miami for the Super Bowl!!! clap.gif clap.gif toot.gif w00t2.gif w00t2.gif !!!
valpal59 
Posted: 22-Jan-2007, 09:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

notworthy.gif I bow to the almighty BEARS!!!LOL

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 22-Jan-2007, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Sorry MDF, Colts by 10!
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Jan-2007, 02:13 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone. It finally quit snowing and it is suppose to get in the 20's but I doubt it. ITs 11 now...
Way to go COLTS!!! I would of rather had the Broncos but oh well. So guess I will root for the Colts??? Either could win and it would be fine with me...

Seems you all are very busy. Lots of snowboarding going on.. Well have a great week everyone.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 22-Jan-2007, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 22-Jan-2007, 12:03 PM)
Sorry MDF, Colts by 10!

It's gonna be hard, but I'm gonna keep my lips zipped shutup.gif for two weeks. I don't want to eat crow.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-Jan-2007, 02:02 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

briantheflute! LOL! I am not sure why your post did it 3-4 times! I was trying to figure a way to delete them all but the one, but think we need a "super mod" to do the deed! so great to have you here and read what all you have been through and still. This is what this thread is all about..............sharing! so share away!

I pray for good things concerning your job situation. found it interesting concerning the camera equipment. I am a major photography hound and take photos of everything! Would love to know what your going to do with that equpiment. come join us in the photography forum and share!

Very interesting about the new interest in soccer here in the states. I played soccer when I was in high school and loved it, but have never seen it anywhere since but in the UK and else abroad.

I don't like to say "luck" either, Brian. I believe in the providence of God and if it is for you, He will work it out. If it is not, then He will see to it that it is not in your best interest. Just what I believe.

Take care and speak to you soon!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]