gypseyreyne 
Posted: 24-Oct-2006, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

female

Greetings,
I see that you live right across the Lawerance Expressway from me. We are neighbors!!! I am so excited. I drive all the way over to Cupertino most mornings just to get coffee. This has to be a California thing. We do not do this in Texas. No, it is not from Starbucks. Nice to have a neighbor here.

--------------------
Oh Lord! Thou knowest how busy I must be this day: if I forget thee, do not Thou forget me.Prayer uttered by Sir Philip Warwick before the battle of Edgehill.
PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 24-Oct-2006, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Happy Tuesday, gypseyreyne!

It is nice to know that we don't live too far apart! When you mentioned coffee and Cupertino, I immediately thought of the Starbucks on the corner of Homestead and Wolfe, where I sometimes go, but I'm glad you were actually able to find someplace that's *not* Starbucks to get coffee biggrin.gif

You are correct in believing that this is a "California thing", since I don't believe anyone back home would go out of their way to just get a cuppa java - not to mention that most coffee houses out here serve coffee in about 50 different varieties and flavors!

Wishing you a great week!

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 07-Nov-2006, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

welcome home!!greetings from the great white (soon)north!!!coffee????did you mention coffee????looks like i'm even later than ballydun hehehe..enjoy your stay and stay long!!

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 07-Nov-2006, 10:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

Di duit, Sisterknight!

How is the great north? I remember hearing a month ago that north-west New York state got two feet of snow - how did Montreal fare? You really are so lucky you know - here in Sunny Sunnyvale, all we have is sun, temps in the 70's and cool, mild breezes.

Thanksgiving is coming up and I can remember how it used to be, when my family lived back east - brisk, cold weather and snow, with a large turkey cooking and the smell of a great feast in the making.

Compare this now to California living - pop the turkey in the oven and go out and play volley ball! Or better yet, go for a nice ride on my bike - or perhaps a nice sail around San Francisco Bay. Yep, I sure do envy you, great weather like that... wink.gif

At least there's the coffee! Or perhaps you folks prefer some barley juice to warm you up?

Slán for now!
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 08-Nov-2006, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

weeeel whatever happened last month would have passed me by as i wasn't even in mtl.....but in new brunswick it was very sunny and bright, there was some very high winds for a couple of days but all in all it was wonderful!!!

Thanksgiving has come and gone for me...and yes the turkey was and still is good, soups you know!!hehehe.we handpicked the cranberries from a bog not far from us in n.b...always makes a big difference than that c##p in the tins!!

just think i'll be having snuggle by the fire weather soon!!!you'll be stuck with sticky beach blondies in too much bathing suits!!! yep i don't envy you that job!!!hehehe wink.gif

hey to warm up just about any rum or whiskey will do, but in a pinch there are warm sweaters, blankets and fires...you know rosy red cheeks and shining eyes do have their uses!!!!

cheers.gif lol.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 08-Nov-2006, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

Hello again Sisterknight,

You have made your point - and I can feel it! When you mention cranberry bogs, I remember the ones on Long Island - all gone now, I'm afraid. Apparently where God planted them was not correct according to the land developers who wanted to fill the bogs in and build homes there. Progress, I ask you?!

Although you caught my wit in poking fun at cold weather, I was partly serious that autumn and winter are very beautiful indeed. There are plenty of things to do outdoors, as well as a number of indoor activities, one of which you named! rolleyes.gif

A good bit-o Scotish whiskey, mixed with just the right amount of filtered rain water (or natural spring water in a pinch) is just right to take the night chill off. Past that, my wife in a sweater does wonders!

Have a good day!
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 06-Dec-2006, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hello Robbie! I see that you have been around for a while now, but I missed the chance to welcome you to Celtic Radio. I thought "Better late than never," so... Fàilte gu Celtic Radio! Welcome to Celtic Radio!

In my humble opinion, you have found one of the best websites ever. The people here are some of the nicest to be found anywhere on the net, and the music is simply out of this world.

So kick off your shoes, grab a mug of your favorite hot (or cold) beverage, turn up the music and have fun! I look forward to getting to know you better through your posts.

If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to ask anyone with the word "Guide" beneath their avatar. That's why we're here!

Again, it is so nice to have you with us. We are like one big family here, and we just love welcoming new members to the fold! I hope that you will enjoy your stay with us, and that you will come back and visit with us often. I feel quite certain that you will grow to love the place as much as I have.

Welcome to the family, my friend!
And welcome home! smile.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 07-Dec-2006, 09:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

Hóigh Allen!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome - I truly appreciate it! Since being here, I have very much felt like part of the family and have tried to do my best by welcoming others.

This is a great site in the fact that people care about one another. It's sad to say, but this quality is lacking in much of what we go through in life. I believe that God created us to love one another and to help shoulder other's burdens - and if not in person, then using this media.

May God bless and help you in everything you and your family go through! king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]