> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 19-Aug-2008, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

MDF, that is the coolest banner about Potter. One question - who is the fellow on the left?

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
MDF3530 
Posted: 19-Aug-2008, 04:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 19-Aug-2008, 08:59 AM)
MDF, that is the coolest banner about Potter. One question - who is the fellow on the left?

SB, that is actor Jim Broadbent, who is playing Professor Slughorn.

I got it from MuggleNet

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
leenie 
Posted: 19-Aug-2008, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
39,039 Gold!

Hello everyone...just a fast note to let you all know that I'm still around....Been playing with the new granddaughter a lot...she's just sooo cute!
My daughter is getting married September 26th..so are deep in the wedding preparation business.
Still feeling bad just can't seem to shake any of my problems...maybe soon I'll find a doctor who can help me...
My son has announced that he is proposing to his girlfriend next month...we're very excited about that and he has come up with just about the coolest way to propose I've ever heard of...
My friends in the band told me a couple of weeks ago that they are planning a tour of Ireland next...oh hope I start feeling better soon!!!
Sorry you have been under the weather Gwen, hope you are recovering nicely by now...
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Aug-2008, 05:09 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

many congrats to you and your children's upcoming weddings! You must be over the moon!

CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Aug-2008, 05:17 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 16-Aug-2008, 11:16 PM)
Well I have just spent the past four days in the hospital recovering from diverticulitis. I feel a whole lot better now. But I still have bouts of nausea and just plain feeling blah!!! I can't every remember feeling this bad.

Other than that life is good. I guess the good Lord was saying slow down.

DR: my kids got me an i-Pod shuffle and I like mine. I got a purple one. And then my hunny got me a digital photo thing to show off my pictures.

I guess I will go and try to sleep. I am having a hard time going to sleep because of my medication.

Have a good week everyone

Oh my, gwenlee! I am so very sorry you have been through all this. I hope this finds you much better at this time.

You got a purple ipod shuffle, too? That is what I got. But I think I need a bigger one as I have almost filled it up...oh well. LOL

In all seriousness, I hope you get some much needed rest and total recovery.

praying for you!
leenie 
Posted: 25-Aug-2008, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
39,039 Gold!

Hope you are feeling back to normal Gwenlee..being sick is the pits...
thanks Rose... I'll be glad when the daughter's wedding is over...being a florist has meant I've had extra work to do on hers...can't exactly pretend I don't know how to do any of it... can't wait for the surprise proposal on the 13th. A LOT of other people are in on it but hopefully she (future Daughter-in-law ) won't have a clue...Had another Doctor's appointment today, he didn't find anything wrong on his tests...wish I could find the right Doctor and the right tests so I could find out what's wrong with me and get it fixed...so tired of being sick!!!
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 09:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Happy Friday, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been such a busy couple of weeks for us, I've missed visiting here more often. We had our son and d-i-l down for a visit, and soon our daughter will come in from Kansas for a visit too. Her husband is already here, he's got 30 days of leave from the Air Force but she has to work a bit longer before she can join him. We're babysitting their two dogs, he brought them on Monday, so here I am a cat-person but with four dogs in the yard and three other neighbor dogs who stay here all the time. Grrr! I get mauled every time I go outside!

After some tumultous times with hubby's family, and our own kids being a bit, uh, 'aggravating', its a relief to have things settle down finally. I'm so blessed to have a part-time job I like: I'm a church secretary at a small church, with a true 'character' of a boss, the pastor. And my other job, my obsession, being an artist is a pure joy... two weeks ago I began a drawing class on Wednesdays in my studio, and altho there's only 1 student so far she's got some talent and is learning quickly. She's a neat person too, we're having a good time chatting. Teaching this class keeps me in the mind-set of creating, and its helping me stay fresh so the projects I'm working on are coming along well.

Leenie, best wishes on all the wedding preparations. You're in for some hectic days for sure, but from experience let me assure you that after the hubbub dissapates and the wedding bells diminish, you're going to feel such happiness at watching your kids begin their married lives. Its very rewarding to see one's children become young adults; lets you know you did your job right as a Mama!

PM               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 19-Aug-2008, 06:11 PM)
SB, that is actor Jim Broadbent, who is playing Professor Slughorn.

Ohh, I didn't recognize him with the receding hairline! He was in the Narnia movie not too long ago, but I remember him fondly from the Borrowers movie a long time ago.
That's a good bit of casting, he'll make a great Slughorn.
PM               
MDF3530 
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey everyone!

I haven't been online in the past few days due to my car being in the shop. I was getting a funny smell when I'd have the air on, so I took it to the combination gas/service station across the street from my apartment. It is fixed now.

BTW, you don't see too many of those gas/service stations around anymore, do you?

Hope you all are doing okay!
Harlot 
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

QUOTE (leenie @ 19-Aug-2008, 10:27 PM)
Hello everyone...just a fast note to let you all know that I'm still around....Been playing with the new granddaughter a lot...she's just sooo cute!
My daughter is getting married September 26th..so are deep in the wedding preparation business.
Still feeling bad just can't seem to shake any of my problems...maybe soon I'll find a doctor who can help me...
My son has announced that he is proposing to his girlfriend next month...we're very excited about that and he has come up with just about the coolest way to propose I've ever heard of...
My friends in the band told me a couple of weeks ago that they are planning a tour of Ireland next...oh hope I start feeling better soon!!!
Sorry you have been under the weather Gwen, hope you are recovering nicely by now...

Congratulation! I remember when my daughter was married such fun we had. Even when they told me about the bat being in the church at the time,and the maid of honor forgot to get Brandons ring from down stairs of the church,then she went back down(while we all waited) couldn't find it so he had to settle for the rings you put on the cakes haha. After the ceremony I went down stairs and on the table laid a white sack with the ring box went back upstairs and asked if they would like to exchange rings. They are still married after 7 years and still to this day Brandon has that ring. Thats love wub.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
WallaceGal 
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

Just a curiosity, I am now getting this notice with every single page here!!

Suspected Web Forgery
This page has ben reported as a web forgery designed to trick users into sharing personal or financial information. Entering any personal information ont his page may result in an identity theft or other fraud.

These types of web forgeries are used in scams known as phishing attacks, in which fraudulent web pages and emails are used to imitate sources you may trust. You can find out more about how firefox protects you ( http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox...ction/firefox2/ ) from phishing attacks.

Below that was:

Get me out of here! Ignore this warning or, in itty bitty letters: This isn't a web forgery.

I use FireFox, have reported it to them and google, and also the admins here, but it's becoming very annoying and I wondered if anyone else was having this problem today.

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Wallacegal,
Maybe you should report this to the technical support topic and they maybe able to help you.

Well glad it's friday for I'm beat and just can't wait for the vacations to come....
This week-end at least we'll take it easy for we are going down in the Gatineau-Ottawa region to see the "Hot Air Balloon" Festival and it's going to nice weather, not too warm so for me it's the best.
There is plenty to see. Can't wait to take some pics for I never saw a show like this and Saturday night it'll be the Dennis Deyoung show...

LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
marti64 
Posted: 31-Aug-2008, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif
Hi to all!!!!!! I have seen many new posts on the forums lately, and i now realize that there are many special people here, and I am sorry that I kept myself away for so long......
I have begun to write again, and I posted two poems recently.....

It is wonderful to know that there are so many caring people on this site.....I enjoy my time here.........

I am enjoying life again, and livign one day at a time!!!!!! inlove.gif
And living for me for a change.......making the most of every day!!!!!!!

MARTI hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
leenie 
Posted: 02-Sep-2008, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
39,039 Gold!

Hello Marti....so good to see you on here....
Hope everyone's labor day weekend was great...
We spent it camping at the lake close to where our daughter lives , so we spent a lot of time every day playing with the new granddaughter. Back home again today and got the camper emptied out (clothes and food).
We still have one more trip to take in it this year. Going to the Fort Massac Encampment in Metropolis, Illinois next month. Always have a great time there.
I hope your balloon festival was as good as the ones I used to go to in Arizona. We had such fun at those...
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 02-Sep-2008, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Hi leenie,
How are you these days?
I'm sorry to say that unfortunately we had to come back on Sunday morning for my husband had a heat stroke on Saturday evening.
So we missed the shows that we were there to see but that's okay.
Now husband is doing fine and that's what is important.

LOA
PM My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]