Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Enter at own risk!

The Philosophy, Science & Religion forum has been created as an unmoderated forum. The issues discussed here can and will get very intense. Please show respect and appreciation to alternative views posted here. We appreciate your consideration.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Something I'd Like To Share, with my Christian friends
Elspeth 
Posted: 13-Jan-2004, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

This came to me and I wanted to share it with my Christian friends here at Highlander Radio. It has a message I need reminded of often.

::A Memo from God::

LISTEN TO ME

Effective immediately, please be aware that there are changes YOU need
to make in YOUR life. These changes need to be completed in order that I may fulfill My promises to you to grant you peace, joy and happiness in this life. I apologize for any inconvenience, but after all that I am doing, this seems very little to ask of you. I know, I already gave you the 10 Commandments. Keep them. But follow these guidelines, also:

1. QUIT WORRYING
Life has dealt you a blow and all you do is sit and worry. Have you forgotten that I am here to take all your burdens and carry them for you? Or do you just enjoy fretting over every little thing that comes your way?

2. PUT IT ON THE LIST
Something needs to be done or taken care of. Put it on the list. No, not YOUR list. Put it on MY to-do-list. Let ME be the one to take care of the problem. I can't help you until you turn it over to Me. And although My to-do-list is long, I am after all... God. I can take care of anything you put into My hands. In fact, if the truth were ever really known, I take care of a lot of things for you that you never even realize.

3. TRUST ME
Once you've given your burdens to Me, quit trying to take them back. Trust in Me. Have the faith that I will take care of all your needs. YOUR problems and your trials. Problems with the kids? Put them on My list. Problem with finances? Put it on My list. Problems with your emotional roller coaster? For My sake, put it on My list. I want to help you. All you have to do is ask.

4. LEAVE IT ALONE
Don't wake up one morning and say, "Well, I'm feeling much stronger now, I think I can handle it from here." Why do you think you are feeling stronger now? It's simple. You gave Me your burdens and I'm taking care of them. I also renew your strength and cover you in my peace. Don't you know that if I give you these problems back, you will be right back where you started? Leave them with Me and forget about them. Just let Me do my job.

5. TALK TO ME
I want you to forget a lot of things. Forget what was making you crazy. Forget the worry and the fretting because you know I'm in control. But there's one thing I pray you never forget. Please, don't forget to talk to Me - OFTEN! I love YOU! I want to hear your voice. I want you to include Me in on the things going on in your life. I want to hear you talk about your friends and family. Prayer is simply you having a conversation with Me. I want to be your dearest friend.

6. HAVE FAITH
I see a lot of things from up here that you can't see from where you are. Have faith in Me that I know what I'm doing. Trust Me; you wouldn't want the view from My eyes. I will continue to care for you, watch over you, and meet your needs. You only have to trust Me. Although I have a much bigger task than you, it seems as if you have so much trouble just doing your simple part. How hard can trust be?

7. SHARE
You were taught to share when you were only two years old. When did you forget? That rule still applies. Share with those who are less fortunate than you. Share your joy with those who need encouragement. Share your laughter with those who haven't heard any in such a long time. Share your tears with those who have forgotten how to cry. Share your faith with those who have none.

8. BE PATIENT
I managed to fix it so in just one lifetime you could have so many diverse experiences. You grow from a child to an adult, have children, change jobs many times, learn many trades, travel to so many places, meet thousands of people, and experience so much. How can you be so impatient then when it takes Me a little longer than you expect to handle something on My to-do-list? Trust in My timing, for My timing is perfect. Just because I created the entire universe in only six days, everyone thinks I should always rush, rush, rush.

9. BE KIND
Be kind to others, for I love them just as much as I love you. They may not dress like you, or talk like you, or live the same way you do, but I still love you all. Please try to get along, for My sake. I created each of you different in some way. It would be too boring if you were all identical. Please, know I love each of your differences.

10. LOVE YOURSELF
As much as I love you, how can you not love yourself? You were created by me for one reason only -- to be loved, and to love in return. I am a God of Love. Love Me. Love your neighbors. But also love yourself. It makes My heart ache when I see you so angry with yourself when things go wrong. You are very precious to Me. Don't ever forget that! With all my heart, I love YOU!

GOD

-- Author Unknown

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
silverdragon 
Posted: 13-Jan-2004, 07:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Tarzana, CA

female

Why just Christian? Whatever version of Higher Power one might believe in, this certainly seems good advice... smile.gif

--------------------
Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow
Who shall gather the smoke of the dead wood burning
Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?

~ J.R.R. Tolkien

My blog: Almost, but not quite, entirely unrelated to filmmaking
PMEmail Poster                
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 13-Jan-2004, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Thank you so much, Elspeth. I appreciate your wanting to share this. Good advice, if we just heed it. hug.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
JaneyMae 
Posted: 20-Jan-2004, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

Elspeth,

Thank you so much for posting this! It is indeed grand! Needed this reminder today. hug.gif

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
MacErca 
Posted: 20-Jan-2004, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

Thank you for posting this.
Beautiful work to whom ever wrote it.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.

I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 03-Feb-2004, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Elspeth @ Jan 13 2004, 09:47 AM)
LISTEN TO ME

Effective immediately, please be aware that there are changes YOU need
to make in YOUR life... I already gave you the 10 Commandments. Keep them. But follow these guidelines, also:

1. QUIT WORRYING...
2. PUT IT ON THE LIST..

clap.gif

You would not believe how timely that is!! Well said, and I sure needed to read it today. The trust thing is what I always have trouble with... I say I trust, then turn right around and try to figure out how I am going to work things out on my own.

Thanks, Elspeth!

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Feb-2004, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thank you Elspeth! That was indeed beautiful. thumbs_up.gif
Elspeth 
Posted: 04-Feb-2004, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (Siusaidh Blues @ Feb 3 2004, 03:19 PM)
The trust thing is what I always have trouble with... I say I trust, then turn right around and try to figure out how I am going to work things out on my own.

Me Too!!! laugh.gif

I am at one of those rare periods in my life of complete trust. I know it won't last, I'll try and grab it all back again, but while I'm here, I'd like to say it is amazing.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Feb-2004, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Control is a big issue for me. And giving God complete control of my life is hard as I am always afraid he is going to say no, even though as I found out later it was always for my own good. wink.gif smile.gif
Elspeth 
Posted: 04-Feb-2004, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

I can so relate with you Rose. And it is not only for our own good, but because He has something better we hadn't even imagined. Maybe the key is to realize what we envision is always limited, where what He envisions is out to this world, far, far beyond our wildest thoughts. smile.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Feb-2004, 04:24 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Trust is a really big issue for me too, which goes part with the control issue. Like why I never became a successful artist and others who were of either my talent caliber or worse were able to? I constantly struggle with why God never chose that path for me no matter how hard I always worked hard at it. Maybe it just wasn't best for me. Maybe I would have become an egomaniac. Maybe I would have quit trusting in Him altogether? It is hard for me to know! Do you struggle with that? unsure.gif
Elspeth 
Posted: 04-Feb-2004, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

Oh, yeah Rose. I struggle too.

But why are you speaking of your artist aspirations as if they are in the past? Perhaps your time is yet to come.

Right now I am in a 'wise' place where everything is clear. I am sure it won't last, but for now I can see that when I give the control over to God, then I will be were I need to be. And that is is the only way to be certain that I'm on the right path. What a relief! For I have been struggling real hard for the last four years.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 06-Feb-2004, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Elspeth @ Feb 4 2004, 05:03 PM)
...it is not only for our own good, but because He has something better we hadn't even imagined. Maybe the key is to realize what we envision is always limited, where what He envisions is out to this world, far, far beyond our wildest thoughts.

Just in the last two or three weeks, I've come through a very dark, confusing time trying to understand not only why things have not turned out like I thought they would but also what am I supposed to do now... where am I supposed to turn...

Its been made clear to me, by many revelations through the words of friends, the Bible, and the words I've found written years ago by people I respect, that I had gotten sidetracked into believing some things that aren't true... I had set up some goals that were not worthy of my efforts, that were actually an illusion which if achieved would not have brought me to a real contentment or fulfillment.

I've systematically been cutting loose those worthless goals, those concepts that were taking me off the path God has set out for me... and I tell you friends, I feel like I've been set free! What really is important is clearer now than its ever been. This is a liberation I never thought I'd feel! God is obviously relieved I've come to my senses and that I've quit beating my head against that proverbial wall...

wallbash.gif
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Feb-2004, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Elspeth @ Feb 4 2004, 05:37 PM)
Oh, yeah Rose. I struggle too.

But why are you speaking of your artist aspirations as if they are in the past? Perhaps your time is yet to come.

Perhaps because I gave up on the dream! sad.gif
Elspeth 
Posted: 07-Feb-2004, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

Perhaps you need to give up on that dream to make way for the better one awaiting you.

I'm singer and for a long, long time I held onto aspirations of fame and fortune. But, there were always reasons that kept me from pursuing that road. In my late 30's I started to write. And that took the sting away from never following the musical path. Who knows if the writing path will take me anywhere either. The funny thing is, I've started to sing again.

Just be open. Who can foretell what wonders await you.

And Siusaidh, MAN do I know that brick wall well! I've been beating my head against it for the last three years. What a relief to finally let it go and no longer be walking around with an imprint of a brick on my forehead. rolleyes.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]