Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,701 Gold!

Your lucky to trace your Grandfather's ancestors back to 1650 in Scotland! That gives you a good idea of where he was and perhaps what he was doing at the time.

It is very difficult to do geneological work on Scottish Ancestors because 1) they either did not keep any records or 2) there are records but they are held by some clan that will only let a few people view those records.

I have gone back to 1770 when my GGGGGGGfather (Hugh MacArthur) was on a ship called the Annabella sailing for North Carolina from Campelton. It is suspected that the ship's owner (a Campbell) did not have any intention of going to North Carolina where they were promised a better life and rich farms for their harvests.

Well, in October 1770 there was a huge ocean storm, in fact, it is recorded in the historical weather records. Probably much like the hugh storm that the Andrea Gail (The Perfect Storm) sunk in and that had 100+ foot waves. The ship was thrown up against the rocks of Prince Edward Island. Those Scottish Settlers lost all of their tools and belongings and had to rely on local Indians to make it through the winter.

Survived they did! Otherwise I would not be writing this message!

:D

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
ShortBit 
  Posted: 27-Dec-2001, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Rienzi, Mississippi USA

My Maternal Grandfather was a Sutherland.  I have traced the family back to William Sutherland born in Scotland 1650.. You can check out my family tree at www.rienzihills.com/Sutherland/index.html

My Maternal Grandmother was a Macauley.  I am not having too much luck tracing that line

--------------------
ShortBit from Mississippi

PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]