Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> UN To Outlaw Offenses Against Religion?
Patch 
Posted: 10-Sep-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Following the uproar over the "threatened" burning of the koran by a small Florida church, an international Islamic body said Thurs. that the U.N. should outlaw all forms of "offense" against religions. ISESCO, an arm of the Organization of the Islamic Conference, called on the U.N. to issue an international law criminalizing all forms of "offense" against religions under any circumstances.

I agree though I do not see the desecration of copies of the Koran on the same level as the beheading of Christians and outlawing the practice of Christianity and Judaism in middle eastern countries. THEY are the the people committing offenses against religion. Islam is the offensive religion!

As we observe their actions, they appear to be nothing but a bunch of ignorant nut cases! If you note the reactions now being displayed by muslims, you should also note there are many more radicals than hussein obama would like us to believe.

Everyone should view the documentary "Honor Killings in America" produced by Fox News. It portrays Islam as it really is! Sadly, two young ladies were killed because they embraced our way of life as immigrants are supposed to do! A muslim murderer is now being hidden by his family.

Our Constitution and Bill of Rights takes precedence over any UN resolution involving this proposal of course!

Slàinte,

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 10-Sep-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

As usual you spout verbage that is incomplete and biased, just like most extreme right wingers...

Why don't you post this stuff on the new site provided where folks who feel the same as you can see it?

Our Bill of Rights covers all religions, not just those that you choose for it to cover.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 10-Sep-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Our Constitution and Bill of Rights also protect the rights women and precludes honor killings among other things. It is hard to compare burning korans (a guaranteed first amendment right) with with the level of those indiscretions. The religions the bill of rights protects must fall within the parameters of both the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and the laws of our land. I believe that all religions that are NOT in violation of our laws are covered. Any religion that condones abuse and murder can not enjoy that protection.

The ground zero's terrorist imam's threats against our citizens and our government, should we continue to protest the mosque being built, are offensive considering that no one has threatened either he or islam. The protesters only expressed their opinion about proposed location of the mosque. It is being reported on both Fox and CNN that the taliban is using both subjects to incite the illiterate citizens of afghanistan and to a lesser extent in Iraq. Very few Afghans have even a basic education which is the reason it is so hard to train their people to staff their military and police.

The reason that two professional polling groups (NOT Fox news) found that approximately 70% (one was 71% and one 68%) of those polled were opposed to the location of the mosque.

I felt this was important enough to be posted both places. Some people see things at this site and not the new one though any topic can be ignored at either place.

I have noticed that for the most part only conservatives are posting here now and that is a loss.

This was in my local news though I have included a link below to the original article The information I provided in the first paragraph of the topic was the basic informtion from that article. I then added my opinions below the news portion of the article. Should you wish to do the same, I would be willing to discuss our respective ideas.

I was not, as you claim, spouting "incomplete verbage." Also, any bias I may have is "for cause" and based on my life experiences.

I have several muslim friends, all immigrants and citizens of America. and one of them gave me the translation of the Farci PDF that the imam authored in Arabia. He found it for me after I was made aware that it existed. That should be published here! It exposes the imam for what he really is.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/75141

Slàinte,

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 11-Sep-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

It is interesting that there have been 27 "hits" on this topic in less than 24 hours!! There must be some curiosity out there. It seems to have been worth posting the topic.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 13-Sep-2010, 12:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

QUOTE (Shadows @ 10-Sep-2010, 03:33 PM)
As usual you spout verbage that is incomplete and biased, just like most extreme right wingers...

Why don't you post this stuff on the new site provided where folks who feel the same as you can see it?

Our Bill of Rights covers all religions, not just those that you choose for it to cover.

Please do enlighten us all on how he should have been more "complete"

While you're at it, how about sharing with the class your reasons for insisting on "unbiased" posts here or otherwise he leave to go post on the "other" site.

It is this kind of childish outburst that has kept me away from this forum in recent history, and the reason most people who would like to have an intelligent discussion about topics relevant to their world stay away these days. Grow up for Pete's sake!

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 13-Sep-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

The Constitution trumps Islamic law

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
englishmix 
Posted: 13-Sep-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

The articls is very well-put.
PMEmail Poster                
Dogshirt 
Posted: 13-Sep-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

If Muslims in THIS country, cannot accept "American Law" over sharia law, then they should ALL be beheaded in town squares all across the country!
End of discussion, NO appeal! CONFORM, LEAVE, OR DIE! I for one, am sick unto death of their "POOR US" BS!!!!!!!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
englishmix 
Posted: 14-Sep-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

The Constitution and Bill of Rights is broad enough to include all decent people and narrow enough to exclude all criminals, deviants and tyrants. Fortunately, it EXCLUDES such evil and madness as sharia law.

We should never placate those seeking to install this into this country.

As Dogshirt says: "End of discussion."
PMEmail Poster                
Jillian 
Posted: 17-Sep-2010, 06:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

Excellent article! If the greater population does not see what is going on here, I fear for our country.

As a woman, I have so much to lose should Sharia creep into our borders like the black plague that it is (I'd likely lose my life if any of this ever came to fruition--as I would go down in a hail of gunfire!).

...I'd be forced to defend myself.

...where is the ACLU?

...where is NOW?

...or do they only like to fight battles that aren't as scary?

Jillian sleep.gif

--------------------

"Disappointments are inevitable. Discouragement is a choice."
Antwn 
Posted: 17-Sep-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

QUOTE (Jillian @ 17-Sep-2010, 07:16 AM)

...where is the ACLU?

...where is NOW?

...or do they only like to fight battles that aren't as [i]scary

They're probably busy fighting battles that aren't as hypothetical.

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Sep-2010, 08:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Jillian @ 17-Sep-2010, 08:16 AM)
Excellent article! If the greater population does not see what is going on here, I fear for our country.

As a woman, I have so much to lose should Sharia creep into our borders like the black plague that it is (I'd likely lose my life if any of this ever came to fruition--as I would go down in a hail of gunfire!).

...where is the ACLU?

...where is NOW?

...or do they only like to fight battles that aren't as scary?

Jillian sleep.gif

I doubt you would be fighting alone.

I only know of one case that the ACLU has been involved in lately. Though they allegedly work pro bono, as their funding diminishes (and it has significantly) they reduce the number of cases they get involved with. Also, I suspect if they took that case they would represent islam, not Americans!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Jillian 
Posted: 20-Sep-2010, 05:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

Looking at their track record, you're probably right Patch.

Jillian
Antwn 
Posted: 22-Sep-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

Anybody want to read this article from the NY Times?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/19/opinion/...TEwmp7eEjxy5qNQ
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 22-Sep-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

All can form their own opinions but for my self, I have a muslim neighbor who with his family and a number of other non local muslims partied from the evening of 9/11 into the early hours of 9/12! The police quieted them down several times that night and took some verbal abuse in doing so.

I take serious exception to that. I made myself "available" while a neighbor lady took his severely abused wife in as the police searched to find and arrest him and serve him with divorce papers and a protection order. Both women were scared out of their witts.

He is not a terrorist! His brothers and one male child believe as he does as apparently do a number of his muslim friends. That said, I know several other muslims who are American citizens and employed as professionals. None attend any mosque and two quietly profess to have denounced their religion. The other does not speak of religion.

To sum it up,14 or more harbor radical beliefs that are not compatible with our laws. Six do not. Those are bad odds!

The NY times journalist does not apologize for me.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]