jime307 
Posted: 10-Mar-2008, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

Ah, skiing, a winter sport to be sure and a fun one at that, if you haven't been skiing then you are really missing out and should try to do it ASAP! I'll admit, I'm not the biggest skier but I did it a year or two. Discuss all things about it here and if you have any questions I will try to answer them to the best of my ability

--------------------

St. Patrick's Day countdown banner
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 04-May-2008, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I noticed last Wed. that there is still snow on the slope at "Mad River" Not a lot but still visible in the "shaded" areas.

Slàinte,     

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
Howie 
Posted: 12-May-2009, 01:25 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Bellingham, Washington

male

Ah, skiing! My favorite activity. If all I had to do was ski and play the fiddle I'd be in heaven. I mostly ski at Mount Baker in the North Cascades. I play music there for a pass playing old time fiddle or with a country rock band that also plays at Crystal Mountain just outside Mt Rainier National Park on occasion.

My first day skiing this year was on the streets in town after a big storm. It was a test of my knee, had surgery on it last July 3rd. I only have about 30 days at Baker this year and 2 at Crystal. Except for hiking locally for skiing, the only places nearby with lifts running are Whistler/Blackcomb, a 3 hour drive and Timberline on Mt Hood, Oregon about 5.5 hours. When I go there I leave here around 11pm and get there a little before sunrise. I sleep in the car in the parking lot for a few hours and ski from about 8am to 2pm.

I'll get up to Whistler in the next week or two and down to Mt Hood in June, July and hopefully August. I missed summer skiing the last two summers because of a car accident two summers ago and surgery last summer. I had been getting up to 49 days a season before that.

Since I'll be 60 this summer I'll be able to get a cheap season's pass for next year if I don't play music up there.

My boots are the Salomon Mission 10, nice and stiff and wide enough in the calf and toebox for my hard to fit feet. The two skis I'm using the most are Head Monster 88s, 175cm long, 126-88-112 and some super stiff PM Gear Bro Models at 174 long and 126-99-114.

I'll talk skiing and gear any time!
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 12-May-2009, 09:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

When I lived in Colorado Purgatory ski resort was close and I decided to learn. When I moved to the intermediate run, I realized you could be hurt really bad and that was a little much for having fun. I did better in the lodge anyway. I doubt I would have ever been truly proficient at the sport.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
jmparrish 
Posted: 13-Feb-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacAlder

female

I haven't been skiing this whole season! I stay in Michigan for school, and we've had an extremely warm winter! My brother and I keep the skiis in my Jeep so that we are ready to go when it does snow.

I remember the first time I went skiing, my mom took the family to a ski hill with a graveyard at the bottem. Nothing like that to inspire confidence laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 20-Feb-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

I used to ski anywhere and eveywhere! Then I got older and the ground got farther away and it got harder to get up! I stopped! I can say I left this sport without any injury or major affliction ( unless you count hangovers LOL ).

My wife and one daughter work at Whitetail here in PA, 3 of my 6 kids snowboard and ski.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Howie 
Posted: 09-Jun-2013, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Bellingham, Washington

male

Since my last post here I managed to rip my quad tendon off the left patella and had surgery to hook it back up. That was Aug of 2011 and I couldn't ski until March 2012, and only the easier groomed runs at that. My friends were all asking if it was from skiing but no, I was at a music campout festival and slipped on wet grass next to the river! This season, which has been really good, I was able to get back to my usual haunts. Lots of powder with some good storm skiing days. My last day was Cinco de Mayo at Alpental's closing day. If I'm lucky I'll get down to Crystal Mt. for their closing day June 16. After that its hiking or driving down to Mt Hood in Oregon where the lifts run almost all year. Still plenty snow in the Cascades if you know where to go. Got some new (used) skis from PM Gear, my latest favorites. 179cm long, 139-112-116 dimensions and made of carbon fiber/fiberglass and wood. Rockered tips and flat tale. Sorry, getting all tech geeky here! Anyway, they are great. Now back to the music!
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]