Gabby,

You are in my prayers as well.

--------------------
-----------------------
Céad Mile Fáilte

May God hold you in the hallows of his hands

American First, Irish Always

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 28-Sep-2009, 05:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Dear Gabby,

Just happpened on this thread and I wish you all the best and a quick recovery I know that you will as you are a strong person with a strong will.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and please keep in touch.

Get well soon.

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 06-Oct-2009, 06:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

female

Dear friends,

today I got a chance to get online. So here is a quick update.

I'm in rehab for almost a week now. Therapies started yesterday and it's hard hard work, a lot of sweat, sometimes frustration, tears of impatience but most of the time a strong will fighting against all odds.
Noone can tell if I will ever be able to walk again or if I need to get used to the thought to be sat in a wheel chair for the rest of my life.
I made up my own mind and this is a YES I WILL and there's no way to convince me of anything different. If your will can move mountains then my feet will walk again.

There have been small improvements almost every day. The problem is to be patient because of the fact that it simly needs a lot of time and exercises to make all thos muscles work again. So it's especially these first weeks when I am struggling for not loosing hope and motivation.

I want to thank you all; you are all so kind and supportive. Thank you to dundee for the copy of your newest album; it's beautiful and I often play it when the lights are out and the long hours of a long night begin.
I believe in the might of prayers and ceremonies. So many are thinking of me, pulling for me in so many different ways; sending Reiki, working with Mantras, sending up smoke, sending prayers or simply positive thoughts and thoughts of love and kindness. This might sound strange to some of you but I appreciate that all and again I feel humble and blessed.

Light and Love for all of you, all the best for you and your families. Stay safe nad take good care of yourselves. Most of all don't forget to appreciate each single day given to you. Don't take too many things for granted and don't forget to see all the little joys and wonders along the road.
I'm still thankful because this Sunday a fortnight ago could have been my last day of my life or my brain could have been effected. It could have been worse.

May you always walk in peace,
Gabby aka Petra

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Leelee 
Posted: 06-Oct-2009, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

My thoughts & prayers are with you, Gaberlunzie. Please take care and stay positive smile.gif
PM               
Patriot1776 
Posted: 06-Oct-2009, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

male

I don't know you Gabby, but already you sound like my kind of person!

I'm no stranger to the hospital either, and despite it being almost 20 years ago when I was only about 6, know what it's like to become temporarily paralyzed when Guillon Barre almost took my mobility from me too. You're gonna make it through this and like somebody earlier said, be running down the halls of the hospital before they release you!

Thoughts and prayers from me too. Our Lord God and Father watches out for His children and those that put their trust in Him! wink.gif

--------------------
LP Vinyl Enthusiast - It really needs to be in LP vinyl format for me to most certainly get it. ^^

"Your brother brought me silver, and your sister warmed my soul, but now I laugh and pull so hard and see you swinging from the gallows pole!" - from the Led Zeppelin song "Gallows Pole", 'Led Zeppelin III' album.
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 09-Oct-2009, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

clap.gif clap.gif This is great news!!! Keep up the hard work and keep smiling. You will be back on your feet soon. hug.gif

By the way, happybday.gif I was away and didn't get a chance to pass that on to you.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 09-Oct-2009, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Gabby,

I'm so glad you were able to get on the computer. You will get stronger every day and every day I will be sending healing thoughts your way.
Thank you for bringing up the point of taking things for granted, very well said. Keep us posted when you can.

Hugs hug.gif
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 10-Oct-2009, 11:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I am so happy for you on the small improvements. It is such good news. You remain in my thoughts and prayers. YES YOU WILL!!!!!! Hang in there girlfriend.

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
iolanda 
Posted: 10-Oct-2009, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Rieti ( Lazio )

female

heart.gif I'm near you with my heart...
A big hug hug.gif
iolanda

--------------------
]Happy who, hovers over the life..feels the language and the fragrance of the simple things and the flowers.. (C. Baudelaire)

If you lose, don't lose the lesson ... (XIV Dalai Lama)
PMEmail Poster               View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Antonio 
Posted: 11-Oct-2009, 12:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Tracy, California U.S.A.

male

Gabby I just saw this thread, I'm so sorry dear lady. You have been a great CR friend and always had a kind word or words of encouragement for everyone. My prayers are with you, I believe you'll beat this. Because your strong and the prayers of your CR friends are with you.

God Bless you
Antonio

--------------------
Semper Fi

"If a man has found nothing he's willing to die for, he is not ready to live"

DISCIPLINE MUST BE A HABIT SO INGRAINED THAT IT IS STRONGER THAN THE EXCITEMENT OF BATTLE OR THE FEAR OF DEATH.
General George S. Patton

Laws that forbid the carrying of firearms, disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assulted, and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourge, than to prevent homicides. For an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Thomas Jefferson
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 11-Oct-2009, 07:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Be assured that you will be in my prayers.

Please keep us posted on your progress!

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 19-Oct-2009, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Hey Gabby!

I have been away from the forum for way too long. I just saw all of this today. Please know that we are all praying for you and trusting the Lord will give you a good recovery. You have been and are a wonderful voice here and we want that voice to continue! Stay strong!

Take care and Lord bless. Promise I will be checking this thread regularly to see how you progress.

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
gwenlee 
Posted: 26-Oct-2009, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Petra I just saw this thread. I am so sorry. I will be praying for you. As a nurse I have seen many patients beat the prognosis of the medical staff. Faith and prayer is proven to make a difference and from what I see here there will be a lot of prayers for you.

Keep the faith

gwenlee
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 07-Nov-2009, 04:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Dear friends,

again thank you for all your kind thoughts and wishes!

I'm very sorry I can't write more often but today I got a chance to get online, so here is an update - not much news though.

It's such a long and hard way back to recovery, and noone can tell if there will ever be a full recovery or if it's more a life sat in this wheel chair which is exoecting me.
At some days it's very hard to keep up faith, hope and confidence. Yesterday I had a very bad day and i felt depressed and desperate because the doc had a conversation with me about WHAT IF ... which meand what if there won't be any more improvements , what if I had to be sent home in the present conditon some day.
I understand well that it's a sign of a feeling of responsibility to talk to me about that "option" and the possibilities for my own private life - and just in case they will start to organize it. Just on case sounds like a menace and I'm still quite helpless, I can't dress myself, I need assistance when I have to do the toilet thing ... and in this condition a nursery home would be the place I had to go then. This is a very scary thought for me because I was an independent person and proud of it nad I can't get used to the thois thought, I just can't ...
I talked to my health insurance company and got news which made me a bit calmer at mind because they said they would still pay for some more weeks and even months of rehab as long as the prognosis was good and improvements were visible.

There has been one breaking improvement. Due to my paralysis I was unable to lift or move my butt. It's still almost impossible to do so BUT we started a new exercise and it was just a try, noone thought it would work.
I put my hands on the ceiling of a stairway; it's high enough so that I can only reach it with stretched arms. And then I tried to get up, to pull myself up on my feet. Half the way up I could do that all alone, for the second half of the way to standing upright I still need a bit of support of two therapists but finally I'm standing on my feet and legs.
I couldn't get up from my chair a week ago but now I can and we do this exercise evry day until it might work for me doing it all alone. And IF that happens - I will try my first step in a few weeks. IF ...

I'm struggling every day; hope and despair are always present, there are good and bad days. I don't want to loose hope and my usual optimism and I haven't yet.

Well, this is all I can tell for now. I said it before, if will really can move mountains I will walk again; I'm praying for this and working hard. It's hard, it's exhausting and it's very painful also. But this is part of the game so I don't moan about it.

Thank you for supporting me the way you all do. Thank you from all my heart.
Till next time!

TAke care and stay safe,
Gabby aka Petra
WallaceGal 
Posted: 07-Nov-2009, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

Dearest Gabby,

Though I don't know you, and can't imagine what you are personally going through, I have seen patients I've cared for, who were given an absolute of never being free of a wheelchair, walk out of the hospital. You're right, never, ever stop trying. Every tiny improvement is another mountain crossed. Remember that. It means you're one step closer to your independence.

Don't give up. You continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

WG

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]