Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Chronicals Of Gall - Part One, hope this is in the right place...
Iago 
Posted: 26-Feb-2005, 12:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Carlsbad, California

male

The Chronicles of Gall
PART ONE

What an odd feeling. Warm and cold all at the same time. I opened my eyes and found the blazing sun hammering into the back of my skull. Oh, my head! Pain shot through it even after I closed them again. I sat up and finally willed myself to open them again. Although my head was still quite foggy, I could see that I was on the shore of a beautiful island. The sand was undisturbed and white, and the water (which looked as though the tide were coming in), was warm. I look instinctively at my watch only to realize that the saltwater must have killed it, it was stuck at ten minutes to midnight on June the 3rd. I start to collect my thoughts. I look around, but the beach is completely deserted, not a soul to be found. There were no resorts or ports to speak of, so how did I get here? I get up and start walking along the beach. No sign of a boat. This is bizarre. I figured, by what direction I think the sun is in, that it is still early morning, plenty of time to do a bit of exploring.

More to come
~Iago

--------------------
Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 26-Feb-2005, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Sounds promising smile.gif looking forward to the next installment smile.gif

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Iago 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 11:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacRowan

male

PART TWO

After walking along the beach for about four or five miles with no avail, I finally decide to venture into the thick underbrush that made up the bulk of the island. After I had penetrated about ten feet, I started to notice rubbish. Trash in the form of clothing, broken furniture, luggage, car parts, etc.. Nothing was organic, so nothing was rotting, thank god. I stumbled across a large piece of what must have been a full length mirror and took a good hard look at myself. My clothes appeared to be in good shape, not even soiled. I was in one piece with no outward appearance of damage. I was also clean shaven?.and a handsome devil! I wandered in a bit further and stumbled across a pair of jeans. What luck, it had a wallet in it, maybe I can get a clue as to where I am. I dug out the wallet and opened it up. Inside the wallet there was a drivers license with my picture staring back at me. It bore the name Jacob Thane. I heard myself say, ?But that can?t be right, my name is??is???. It was then I realized I had no recollection of who I was. I broke into a cold sweat and started to panic. I collected as many personal effects I could find. Books, watches, some clothing, address books and the like. After some time I noticed it starting to get late, so I returned to the beach. There I spent the night trying to re-acquaint myself with who I was.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 02-Mar-2005, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

eerie smile.gif Wondering what happened. Is it really him? or the twilight zone...
Iago 
Posted: 07-Mar-2005, 11:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacRowan

male

PART THREE

Although the air was warm and I was quite comfortable, I couldn?t sleep. I spent all night looking through the things I had collected to get a sense of who I was. I learned a few things. First of all I have very good taste and secondly I had a good amount of either money or debt. Almost all of the cloths were designer labels. I also must have been fairly clumsy as well, for almost all of them had some kind of blood stain. Same goes for the luggage and clothing accessories, all good quality brand names, but the same stains, usually small and no larger than the head of a pin. I had pondered all this in head when I noticed the sun had come up. I decided to get up and explore more of this strange island. I piled everything I had found thus far and plunged back into the thick jungle. Soon after I had entered, just when I had got out of site from the beach, the usual rubbish appeared. I tried hard to ignore it, and walked past. It wasn?t long until I saw ahead a large green mount. I had started to make my way around it when something caught my eye. Was that a tail fin? I got nearer and upon closer inspection, I realized this was an airplane! It looked to be intact, but severely overgrown by this jungle. Something about it was strange to me, however, and I couldn?t quite put my finger on it. I was contemplating what this all meant when I heard it. There was something moving through the jungle, something far away, something very large.
Iago 
Posted: 13-Mar-2005, 11:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacRowan

male

PART FOUR

Suddenly everything became darker, almost as if night had fallen within the span of a second. That thing was coming closer, and I could faintly hear it. It was the most disturbing sound I had ever heard. Screams, or was it some kind of machine, I just couldn?t tell, but if I had to explain it, it is what I would expect hell to sound like. As it got closer it grew darker, and so did my feeling of dread and hopelessness. The sound was almost deafening. I ran. Straight toward the beach without looking back, I ran. I have the distinct feeling that it was not aware of my presence at first, for when I started to run it made its way after me. The faster I ran, the faster it moved and the louder it got. I thought for a moment my ears would start to bleed from the sheer volume of its cry. It was now so dark I could barely see. I was sure to stumble. I could feel the heat of its breath on the back of my neck. I hurled my self onward, I was sure it was about to reach out and grab me when I crashed out of the jungle and onto the beach. The sunlight, though getting low, was still bright and warm. I didn?t stop running until I hit the breakers, even though I knew the thing had abandoned its chase at the tree line. I turned to look into the jungle. I could not see it, or anything else for that matter, but I could feel it. It paced, just inside the dark jungle, sizing me up. And although I felt evil and decay seethe from it, I couldn?t help but feel that it was glad to see me.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 14-Mar-2005, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Ya know, you give evil-sized snippits of this story each time smile.gif I get enough time to get good and wrapped up in it and it stops. This would be good snippits to have posted in your local newspaper like this. one part per day.
Iago 
Posted: 16-Mar-2005, 11:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacRowan

male

Thanks for the compliment! I wanted it to get a little darker each time, it is good to know I am actually achieving it!

~Iago
Iago 
Posted: 16-Mar-2005, 11:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacRowan

male

PART FIVE

It was another warm night, but I didn?t feel it. For the time being that thing, that??darkness, had left. But it had not left my thoughts, and it left me cold inside. I sat and watched the tree line all night, awaiting its return, thinking it might try and sneak up on me. So pre-occupied with the pure horror it struck within me, I failed to notice that the personal effects I had collected were gone. I had finally calmed down, convincing myself I had imagined last night?s scenario, when I noticed the things missing. At first I had thought I was on a different stretch of beach, but then spotted some landmarks I had noted earlier and got my bearings. I looked all over for signs of who or what had taken them, but to no avail. I found the spot where I had spent the entire night mulling over them but no tracks to or from, except my own. This, as well as the previous evening weighed heavy on my mind till mid morning, and kept me from the jungle. I finally realized how completely ignorant I was being, and decided to go get a closer look at the airplane. As I stood and turn toward the trees, I saw, what must be some sort of mirage. Just inside the tree line and out of the sun, stood a little boy who could be no more than 5 or 6. We locked eyes for a moment. I shook my head and looked again, and there he stood. I took a step towards him and he started to run.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]