Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,766 Gold!

Background: Stephen (which means 'crown' or 'wreath' or 'garland') has been a popular Christian name since the martyrdom of the saint of that name. The name was introduced into Britain by the Normans after 1066 and their influence spread into Scotland. Early records of the name include a deacon Stephen who witnessed a charter around 1150-71 and Ada, filius (son) of Stephani was a burgess of Elgin in 1286. Henricus Stepheni had a charter for land in Ayr in 1409 and a Nichol fitz Steven, chaplain of Scotland, had a license to take shipping between Scotland and London or Dover in England in 1372. The name became frequent all over the Lowlands of Scotland, but in the Gaelic-speaking Highlands there is no 'Mac' (son of) name derived from Stephen.

Variations: Stevenson, Stephen, Stephanos, Stephani, Steven, Steywynson, Stevenston, Stiven, Steenson, Steinson, Stein.

More Info: Read Full Family History and view the Coat of Arms

Discussion of this family is welcomed.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]