Title:

Group:
Celtic Nation

Zodiac:
Elder

Birthday: 19-Dec-1984
Total Posts: 57
Realm: No Information

I don't really know what to say about myself. If you have any questions feel free to just ask.
~My focus at school is music, more specifically vocal performance.
~I am involved in theatre and the music programs at my school.
~My senior research project I am doing a lecture and recital on Celtic Music because we do not have a class devoted to World Music and I knew that this would be most interesting to me. I know that I would want to research this even more then I already have. If anyone would like to help I would appreciate it. I will try to keep people updated.

Use one of the links below to send me a personal message!

Listen to the best in Celtic Music @ 128kps on Highlander Radio!
Listen to soft streaming Celtic music from Highlander Radio!
A rowdy mix of hard rocking Celtic music from the Pubs of America, Canada, Ireland and Scotland.
Listen to Celtic Dance - Put on your Ghillies and clear the floor, it is now time for Jigs & Feels!

Journal Entries
Pages: (5) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 

Add Entry   

So Tired!!
Posted by MKOC19 on Jun 3rd, 2005 7:08 AM
Here is my random Update.

At work I am starting different hours. At the front desk (I work at a golf course/country club), I usually close and I work at the 1/3 pro shop and sell merchandise and I open when I am working there. We are now opening at 6AM which means I have to be up at 5 so that I can get here and be presentable at 6. Not the most fun in the world and usually a will be closing one night at the front desk and the next morning opening at the pro shop. So I am a little sleepy. yawn.gif

That is pretty much it for me. See I really dont lead that much of an interesting life.

Comments: 0 View/Add Comments

Update
Posted by MKOC19 on May 26th, 2005 6:56 AM
Well, my little sister looked very cute for prom. Wicked was awesome. Work has been pretty long. My boyfriend left for vacation with his parents yesterday. That is pretty much the jist of what is going on with me.

I work at a golf club. Its fun at times at other times it can be kind of upsetting how little respect some of the golfers have for the people that work their. One would think that grown men would not snarl at teenagers. I work in a couple different places at the golf club and I had to go help one of the girls with twilight customers because she was new and she still learning things. She is a rather timid girl and doesnt know how to deal with customers like that. She was already flustered enough without them snapping at her. It was a little upsetting to see how badly some of them where treating her.

Yesterday I did a lot of yard work with my older sister. We did a lot of cleaning up and planting and making things look a lot neater. I am so sore today from it as well as a little burned. Luckily, it is only my upper back and my arms that are sore. But we got a lot done yesterday so I'm happy about that. The yard looks pretty good, better than it did before. The bad thing is that while I was working outside I think that I got something in my right eye and now its infected. NOT FUN!! sad.gif Oh well.

I think that is pretty much it with what is going on with me. I just wish it didnt look like someone punched me.

HOME!
Posted by MKOC19 on May 13th, 2005 8:44 AM
I am back at home for the summer. I don't know how much I will be on for the next three months because I work a lot and I am not home very much unsure.gif ....I'M GOING TO MISS IT! sad.gif cry.gif I already have a lot to do. My little sister is going to prom tomorrow. Saturday I am going to see Wicked the musical with my friend and her parents. Sunday I work and open at 6 am, Wed at 12 and Thurs at 7 am and this is just for one of my managers. I dont know what my other manager has in store for me. It will be interesting to say the least. I have to go clean the house now because my brother is comeing home from college and we need room for this big boy and his girlfriend is driving him so....I need to go clean.

Invisibility
Posted by MKOC19 on May 9th, 2005 7:06 PM
Today was just another one of those days. I did not sleep well last night. I think it was partly because of the storm partly by the trains that kept going through town and a few other things. I havent gotten a really good night sleep in a while and that kind of makes me sad. My piano final went a lot better than I expected it. So, I was pretty happy about that. Usually I am really nervous about playing for others especially my professors, but I was so how able to zone them out which is a big first for me.

For one of my finals I have to write a paper about a current event and than tell how it relates back to the class and relate it to the readings. On our last class we had to write one last reflection on the last book that we read, An Anthropologist on Mars by Oliver Sacks. In the reflection I kind of addressed the current event that I am going to write about and basically she wrote on my reflection that she does not agree with my analysis and my opionion and saying that I am wrong. This is a philosophy class and we are supposed to think about different topics and talk about different opionions. What is bugging me is that I know that she does not agree with what I have to say so I know that it is going to effect my grade. It doesnt matter what facts I have or what quotes from credible sources I have it will still not be good enough because it differs from how she sees it. On my first paper for her I thought I did a good job and she just tore my paper apart. She basically said that my quotes were not correct and that what I was saying was wrong. So right now I am debating on whether to use my current event or not. I just cant think of what other event I would use. ARGH. Ok enough of my venting on that subject.

Ever have the feeling that you are in a crowded room you and your thoughts and comments are completely invisible or non-existant? Today that is how I am feeling. Just one of those days. sad.gif

Hope everyone is having a better day than I am. bye1.gif

Comments: 1 View/Add Comments

Finals Week!
Posted by MKOC19 on May 8th, 2005 9:38 PM
WOW, it is finals week already. I really am not too worried about it too much though. The majority of my classes I have already dealt with my finals and my last day of work was friday...YAY NO MORE BEATING MYSELF UP!!! WOOHOO! kidding just kidding
Opera- my performance was my final
Choir- there is no final
Voice- I had my jury on Sat. and I am supposed to meet with my prof on Tues to talk about some things because he won't be back next year
Piano- proficiency tomorrow 1 piece and all of the 12 major scales
Music Theory- Open book final
Astronomy- another open book final
Philosophy- Paper

I think that is it. So I am done Wed and that is when my dad is picking me up. That means I will be home in time to see my little sister off to her prom. I'm so excited. I start work on sunday. Saturday I am going to see Wicked the musical with my friend and her parents which I am really excited about. This summer is going to be fun and interesting. I have quite a few weddings that I need to go to, my cousin's, my friend's, and my boyfriend's cousin's Weddings. Plus my older sister is planning her wedding.

Well...I should get back to my work. Take care everyone! Have a great breakfast/ 2nd breakfast / or morning/afternoon/ evening. bye1.gif

Clickable Smilies
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 

Please Add your Entry

Title:

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!