Elspeth 
Posted: 09-Jan-2004, 07:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Oh, but brother, I don't like to talk about hand cream. This is more fun.

And, yes, it seems to be true that, in general, women and men de-tox differently. We need to rant and get it out, men toss down a few, or some darts, or a dwarf, or something.

And yes, Richard, some men are Grand. Now if I could just meet some of them.....

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Shadows 
Posted: 09-Jan-2004, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

QUOTE (Elspeth @ Jan 9 2004, 08:10 AM)

...And, yes, it seems to be true that, in general, women and men de-tox differently. We need to rant and get it out, men toss down a few, or some darts, or a dwarf, or something. ..

Ah I have not been dwarf bowling in sometime!!!! wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
Seawarrior 
Posted: 09-Jan-2004, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: NC

male

QUOTE (Elspeth @ Jan 9 2004, 07:56 AM)
Your wives are just trying to include you in her life.

As Leo told me about trimming my husband's wayward hairs,
"think of it as one of those romantic tender moments and sorta go with the flow"

yeah...I know...I just go with the flow...ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz..............

--------------------
I will defend my country, its borders, my home, my family at all costs, with any weapon, pre-emptive or otherwise to make my enemy bow to its knees to insure my enemy will never attack my homeland ever again. - unknown

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
Sir Winston Churchill
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 09-Jan-2004, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

Huhh? unsure.gif

I thought I heard some women talking and kind of dozed off. sleep1.gif

Is this instinctive or self preservation? wink.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 09-Jan-2004, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

QUOTE (Richard Bercot @ Jan 9 2004, 09:45 AM)
Huhh? unsure.gif

I thought I heard some women talking and kind of dozed off. sleep1.gif

Is this instinctive or self preservation? wink.gif

Both. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 09-Jan-2004, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (Herrerano @ Jan 8 2004, 06:15 PM)
But one has to wonder, how come they pick such inappropriate times to discuss stuff like that?

They're jealous of the time we dedicate to the tube. Time spent watching telly is time not spent cudling, pampering, and listening to them coo and giggle.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 09-Jan-2004, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (oldraven @ Jan 9 2004, 10:06 AM)
They're jealous of the time we dedicate to the tube.

OK, I'm going to be serious for a moment, try not to doze off. I promise I'll be brief.

But for any of you who seriously want to improve your relationship with your female, this hits the nail on the head.

We're jealous of your time.

Try and take it as a compliment we want to be with you. I mean, wouldn't you start to worry if your wife stopped talking to you and never wanted to be around you?

OK, I'll get out of the way of the TV, now. Try not to snore next time I'm talking...... sleep1.gif
oldraven 
Posted: 09-Jan-2004, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

OK, I just read this whole thread, and the list of issues are interesting. Lets see...

TOILET SEAT
JOCK ITCH
ALWAYS HAVE A BEER
BUT SWEAT
SHRINKING PANTS
FART BELCH GRUNT
MISSING THE TARGET
FOAM SEATS AND CRAPPY COVERS
BODY HAIR (EYEBROWS, NOSE, EARS)
CONSTANT FEMALE PRATTLING

Toilet Seats. Growing up with a strict Mum and a cranky sister I've had it beaten into my head now, and I never leave the seat up for fear of having to hear that same complaint over and over and over again. The fuzzy covers are a waste of time. They DON'T look good, as some people might think, and they cause the seat to fall while pissing. And I preffer a solid wood seat. They aren't cold, but aren't plush. They also don't stick to yer arse.

Jock Itch. Did you guys know this is actually a yeast infection? Yup. And quite often you catch it from your partner. A couple can pass this back and forth for ages if they don't deal with it. Gross, I know. I've had it a couple of times, and it's horrid. (DISCLAIMER; things ladies may not want to read) Towels don't get that area dry. Try using kleenex or something. That'll keep that extra moisture outa there.

Always Have A Beer. No, we don't. BUT!!! When we have a by over, in particular when there's work to be done, there must be beer..... or scotch...... or vodka. You get my drift. I'm putting laminate wood floors in my living room and dining room this weekend and my brother is coming over to help. I must have some beers to give the guy. It's like the universal "Thanks for the help" gesture. I had quite a time explaining that to Ange last night.

Butt Sweat. GROSS!! NEVER! Should I expect this as I get older?

Shrinking Pants. Yup. Maybe we just stretch the fabric over a few hours.

Fart Belch Grunt. What, your women don't do this too? Ange would kill me if she saw this.

Missing the target. Never. The only time I can think of when the target might be missed is late at night when I stagger to the toilet with my eyes closed and the lights off. At which point, I sit down so I don't end up with my head in the tub or something.

Body Hair. Well, I'm a frickin Yetti. Hair everywhere, and there's nothing I can do about it. Except trim it. Thank heavens my back is nothing like my.... front in this regard. Don't have ear hair, but I trim my nose hair. And I don't have to worry about my eyebrows. I've had people ask me if I pluck them, but no, they just grew in like that. beer_mug.gif Here here for perfect eyebrow genes. laugh.gif

Constant Female Prattling....... *looks up at the rest of his post* I'm going to leave this one be for a bit.
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 09-Jan-2004, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

Elspeth Posted on Jan 9 2004, 10:36 AM
We're jealous of your time.

You know, I suspect that is the truth. But it also seems to point out a major difference between the two species sexes. Just observe most males when they relate with other men who are good, or long term friends, or watch a couple of little boys play. They may both be playing, for example with some small cars or something, but they may not be playing together. One will be doing one thing and another something else, but are just physically close. In the same way older men may stop by a friends house to visit, but there may not be more then ten words spoken during the entire visit. Just physically in the same room, maybe both watching the tube or something, then the one gets up and takes off, visit over. On the other hand, conversation may take place, especially if alcohol is involved, and this conversation should be carefully recorded so that all of the solutions to the world problems discussed can be remembered.

I am glad to see this thread is taking off so well. Maybe we can get into some really deep areas later on like 'how to explain why that new gadget was absolutely necessary' and stuff like that.

Leo cool.gif

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
barddas 
Posted: 09-Jan-2004, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

Jason, walks into the Oppossum lodge (for you Red green fans:) ), with pipe in hand, and finds an open recliner.
"sorry I'm late" I hit a water buffalo on the way in....Had to borrow a towel. WEll, I wasn't going to use mine!!!! " Lights pipe

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
Elspeth 
Posted: 09-Jan-2004, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

There does seem to be something genetic about this.
My oldest boy from the time he was a tot could care less who he played with as long as they wanted to play football or baseball. He never even learned the names of the kids he went to pre-school with.
The next in line, a girl, knew every name after the first day. Social interaction was and is much more important to her.
barddas 
Posted: 09-Jan-2004, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacWillow

male

I that dear Elspeth has entered the lodge.... wink.gif
PMEmail Poster                
barddas 
Posted: 09-Jan-2004, 10:34 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacWillow

male

Here is something I found....

Man's Prayer

I'm a man...
But I can change...
If I have to...
I guess...

http://www.redgreen.com/
PMEmail Poster                
Elspeth 
Posted: 09-Jan-2004, 10:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

Oh, Jason dear, I've been here since last night.
And don't worry, I've got a blindfold on. cool.gif Go ahead and be guys.
Truth be told, I always preferred to hang out with the guys. But for heaven's sake don't tell the girls that! rolleyes.gif
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 09-Jan-2004, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (Elspeth @ Jan 9 2004, 11:27 AM)
There does seem to be something genetic about this.
My oldest boy from the time he was a tot could care less who he played with as long as they wanted to play football or baseball. He never even learned the names of the kids he went to pre-school with.
The next in line, a girl, knew every name after the first day. Social interaction was and is much more important to her.

The same thing happen when we get older, I know about everyone that lives within 10 miles of me and I might know the names of only a few, this is not inportant to me.

My Wife on the other hand not only know there names but she can recite to you who their Parents are, their Aunts and Uncles, each of their Childrens name and their age. I think you get the Picture.

She will tell me something about someone and I always come back with "So" or "Do I really need to know this?" Which results with her getting upset with me again. Women who are out there, correct me if I am wrong, but is there a reason I need to know this stuff?
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]