Sekhmet 
Posted: 20-Mar-2007, 10:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Everybody does it. We all have a theme song in our heads for ourselves, and for other people (what, did you think we didn't know?), and for all kinds of situations in life...now this is how it works:

You can pick one of the following:

What's your theme song for yourself? Don't be shy, you can tell us, and we won't laugh, I swear. wink.gif But you have to tell us why!

When you see someone on the CR forums, what song pops into your head, and why?

Your day could've been set to music (for better or worse)...what song sums it up?

Just remember:

*Keep it cordial, especially if you're referring to someone else.

*Any music genre will do. If you think it's kind of obscure, hum a few lines for us.

*"I don't know" is a perfectly acceptable excuse, but is the cheesy way out. smile.gif

I'll start this off, and mine just happens to be Celtic music:

My theme song: Queen of Argyll (of the Silly Wizard/Andy Steward persuasion).

Now this is why...and I don't believe I'm telling anyone this...

Once upon a time I frequented the local (and not so local) renaissance faires with frightening regularity (yeah, so I was a ren rat), and there was a regular crowd who would do the same thing, including dressing in garb, interacting with the staff and so forth. They're called "playtrons" in rennie-speak. Anyway.

There was a musician that was part of the playtron crowd who apparently took a liking to me, but never said anything, and everyone else thought it was so cute that they just sat back and watched and giggled behind their hands. As for myself, I was oblivious. But when I came around and he was playing, he would somehow manage to segue into Queen of Argyll. It wasn't really that I wasn't hearing what he was playing, I just thought he had a really big attachment to that song...for all I knew at one point it was the only song he could play.

Eventually, someone clued me in, and I blushed so red it could be seen from orbit. And by that point, the song was *firmly* associated with me, and if someone wanted to see me blush and dive for cover, all they had to do was play the introduction. I and that song was the running gag for two solid seasons...

rolleyes.gif

So there's mine! Where's yours? Yours doesn't have to be nearly as long-winded as mine, honest. laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Senara 
Posted: 21-Mar-2007, 12:00 PM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

well, I have many theme songs...but one that I picked up recently is the Superman Theme from the original movie soundtrack.

Reason: The original Superman Movie (Christopher Reeve, Gene Hackman et.al.) soundtrack was the first compilation of music that I had ever purchased for myself. The first one that wasn't picked out by mom/dad/family and given as a gift and I still have it and play it on occassion. Recently one of my co-workers has been playing a CD of John Williams music (composer of Superman, Indiana Jones, Star Wars etc.). One night as I was punching out of work my co-worker was playing his CD and I noticed the Superman theme and said "Well, I'm off to save the world again." My co-worker turned up the music a bit, had a laugh and wished me a good night.

Maybe it's one of those things that's more amusing if you were there....

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 21-Mar-2007, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Peter, Paul, and Mary -- Day is Done

This perticular song is perticularly special to me. It conjours up one of the few early memories I have from New Mexico. One of my dad carrying me outside to watch a storm. Something perticularly special for me.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Nocturnaline 
Posted: 21-Mar-2007, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacRowan

female

Well, I have many theme songs too...
For a first post on this topic, the best is to speak about the first one which comes into my mind...

It's not just one song but a whole album:
Passione by A Filleta
This band is a band of Corsican polyphony.
This album is entirely devoted to The Passion songs.

Why this album? It is a little bit complicated, but I will try to explain it...
You would probably think that I'm a little bit mad but...

Few years ago, I worked with a man. This man was a very good friend, and I confess that I was a little bit enamoured of him...
I called him My Angel because once, coming into a room I saw him and I got a kind of vision (or hallucination call it as you want...), I saw him like an angel with big wings... It was really unsetting!
This doesn't explain why... but it comes...
Then once, my sister invitated me to a concert... We went to see and listen to this band, A Filetta, this concert took place in an old church...
The first thing is that this music, I really discovered for the first time, had deeply touched me. This music, in such a place, I've never heard something more poignancy...
The second thing was to share this moment with my sister, with whom I don't share a lot of moments without anyone else of the family.

What is the link with My Angel... Well infact during the concert, I noticed that one of the singers looked like him, it was really amazing...

Then when I listen to this album, I'm full of nostalgia, wonderful memories overrun my mind, about My Angel whom I don't meet very often now, about this concert which was really wonderful, and about this peculiar moment with my sister.

But this doesn't end with just an album, coming into the church for the concert, some of the organizers gave each of us, one sample bottle of perfume... (but, don't believe it is usual here!) It was peculiar, but I find this perfume very pleasurable... And since this, you guess what have happened..., I have really often wore this perfume, it is also a way to go back into these memories!

--------------------
Please forgive my mistakes, i've finallly decided to take part in forums, especially in "Fun N Games" to begin; but my english isn't very "sure"... Then, don't hesitate to rectify or ignore a post which is meaningless!

Thank you for your leniency...
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
haynes9 
Posted: 22-Mar-2007, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

OK, even with the possibility of being cheesy, here goes:

My Theme Song: Shower the People by James Taylor

First of all, being a child of the 70's (Do you think leisure suits will ever come back in style? Rather, were they EVER in style? But I digress. . . ) I was naturally caught up in the music of JT. I gotta tell ya, even though my wife thinks I'm a good looking guy (I do NOT want her to get that glasses prescription updated!) I was pretty pathetic looking in high school. And though older and, hopefully, wiser now, it was tough as a kid comparing myself with others. The song goes "You can play the game and you can act out the part, though you know it wasn't written for you. . .

It helped me in some sort of way to accept who I was and how I was made. I kind of became the "Class Clown" to make up what I liked in physical attributes. The truth is, though, that the Lord is good. The persona that I made up for myself actually became me, if you get my drift. It has served me well over the years. I can laugh at pretty much anything, including myself! And, of course, the whole premise of Shower the People is to love those that are around you while you have the time.

Now, was that cheesy enough? tongue.gif There are other songs I can think of that I'll add in future posts. This was a great idea for a thread, Sekhmet!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
pflanary 
Posted: 22-Mar-2007, 01:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Southwest VA (Lee Co.

female

I have had various theme songs through my life. Currently it's a toss-up between
the Green Fields of France--I don't know why but it has haunted me since my brother first played a version of it for me about a year ago--and Send Me a Song by Celtic Woman. When my Mom was dying in July I planned to burn a CD with songs that expressed what she meant to me and songs I just thought she would like. She died before I got all of the music collected and the CD turned into one of songs of "tribute, conform and farewell" that I have shared with family. Sing Me a Song is one of the songs of farewell and since I am all about singing, especially Celtic music, this really speaks to me, especially the line, "I will sing to you if you promise to send me a song."

--------------------
God then made man. The Italians for their beauty. The French for their cuisine. The Welsh for their voices. The Germans for their cars. And on and on until He looked at what He had created and said, "This is all very well, but no-one is having fun. I'll have to make an Irishman."
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 22-Mar-2007, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

my theme song...

people are strange - jim morrison

people are strange when you're a stranger
faces look ugly when you're alone
women seem wicked when you're unwanted
streets are uneven when you're down

when you're strange
faces come out of the rain
when you're strange
no one remembers your name
when you're strange
when you're strange
when you're strange

jim morrison was depressed...he went to robbie krieger's( guitar player) house, they went to a canyon to watch a sunset at which time jim realized he was depressed because "if you're strange, people are strange." he then wrote the rest of the lyrics....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcDsR3PKwHM&NR you tube jim

i am not depressed but it seems to be my theme song....

rolleyes.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 22-Mar-2007, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I would have to go with either Chumbabwambas "Tubthumbing" or Ramblin Rover.
Yes they both are great drinking songs but its that central theme of perseverence and survivial in the face of all odds that I like. Both songs fit well with my own personal life philosophy-Don't let the bastards get you down.

Yeah I've been through alot of unwaanted and undeserve garbage in my life and I'm still here-deal with it.

Theme from Braveheart has got a special place too.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 23-Mar-2007, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

Gosh, I don't know, I guess I would have a lot depending on what type of mood I was in.
haynes9 
Posted: 23-Mar-2007, 09:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

I think my theme song for today is Lord, I hope this Day is Good by Don Williams. I could use one today! smile.gif
MDF3530 
  Posted: 25-Mar-2007, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

i'm a gamer, so I would have to say "Pinball Wizard" by The Who.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
Nocturnaline 
Posted: 25-Mar-2007, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacRowan

female

For today my theme song is again not a song but an album, the one by Loreena Mc Kennitt, "the book of secrets".

This album is one of the three which accompanied me while I was reading "The Lord of the Rings", and the fisrt time I went to the Highlands of Scotland, the lanscapes I saw made me think about the landscapes Tolkien describes in his novel. Then naturally it becomes a pleasure to walk throw Highlands' paths listening to this album especially, it is the capstone to feel as if I am in an other universe...

And as my next trip to Scotland is approaching... (Only three weeks to wait... ), naturally I begin to travel into my mind closing my eyes and listening to this album, what a great pleasure!
pflanary 
Posted: 27-Mar-2007, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Southwest VA (Lee Co.

female

QUOTE (haynes9 @ 23-Mar-2007, 10:45 AM)
I think my theme song for today is Lord, I hope this Day is Good by Don Williams. I could use one today! smile.gif

That was my theme song for a long time--only the version by Leann Womack.
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 27-Mar-2007, 06:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

My theme song today will probably be The Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler since the wind gusts today are supposed to be around 60 MPH tongue.gif !
Nocturnaline 
Posted: 27-Mar-2007, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacRowan

female

With a little bit of nostalgia my theme song of the day will be the "Goodbye My Lover"by James Blunt... No comment, even if it is long while...
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]