Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Sugar Grove, VA

male

Hello.
I tried my had at making applebutter this past weekend. I took the easy route with a slow cooker all night. My wife and I peeled winesaps. She made a batch with her recipe and I made a batch with a combination of some recipes I found. I like alot of cinnamon and she doesn't. Well, after about 12 hours for mine (I started on high for 2 hours) and 20 hours for her's, we put it in jars. I think we like mine better than the two recipes except my wife didn't like all the cinnamon. Does anybody out there have a good recipe they would recommend? I still have lots of apples. My recipe I tried was: 17 cups of finely chopped apples, 5 cups of sugar, 1 cup of vinegar, 4 heaping teaspoons of cinnamon and a tablespoon of cinnamon oil, and a teaspoon of cloves.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 13-Oct-2008, 12:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Nice! I wouldn't have thought of using the vinegar -- I make applesauce but never tried apple butter. That would give it a nice tang. It does sound like a lot of cinamon, but for those as likes it . . . smile.gif

Your post might go well in the cooking forum: "From your kitchen to my table" (I think . . .) There is a nice little run of fall recipes being exchanged right now, and this recipe would fit in very nicely with them. But it's OK here too. I hope you do visit the cooking forum -- it seems you are interested in growing things to eat and then finding interesting ways to prepare them, and we'd all love to hear your ideas.

wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Montie, druid at heart 
Posted: 14-Oct-2008, 05:57 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Sugar Grove, VA

male

Thanks for the idea on the cooking forum. I really haven't been though the entire site so I've missed that forum. I'll go look for it now. Thanks again!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt