Posted: 08-Mar-2006, 09:33 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (Richard Bercot @ 07-Mar-2006, 07:09 PM)
OR, you was almost right with the exception of owning an Unlimited. I was looking to buy a New Unlimited when I found the Gladiator. So the Unlimited will be put off. However I will be looking for a CJ7, Wrangler or even an Unlimited in the used stage. At the present time we only own one vehicle. The CJ7 is for me to have something until the Gladiator comes out.

Now these Sports Cars that you are showing would not be bad if I was about 30 years younger. But us Old Farts needs something up high in order to get in and out of without having to keep a Crane around. It was just last May when my Wife test drove a '94 Jaguar. It took me a good 15 minutes just to get out of it. wheelchair.gif

Ah. I see. I thought the plan was to get a fourth Jeep as a 'toy'. laugh.gif You can see why I started the intervention. (The first step is to admit you have a problem tongue.gif )

I see what you mean now. I'd go either with a new Ulimited (have you seen the new Wrangler top designs? Wicked!) or a fully 'vert K5 Blazer.

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

And like I mentioned, the K5. This is my dream truck.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 08-Mar-2006, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

The Jeep Unlimited is not out of the Picture yet. I am still thinking about the roof style on that Rubicon you have shown here. It would make more sense for the Winter months.

As much as I like the looks of the Gladiator, I still have to see it first in order to make up my mind. That is the reason for me to go to Columbus this weekend, to take a good look at it. It may just look like some "Toy Truck" and that is NOT what I am wanting. For me, the only drawback to the Gladiator is the roof. The top is canvas with a metal framework around it. Personally I would like to have the option of either a solid roof with a solid bed or a totally canvas roof (like those found on the Wranglers) with a solid bed. I am just not to keen on the idea of the adjustable bed. I looks to me to have problems in the future.

BTW, that is a Nice Looking Chevy. 1978??? Yours??? unsure.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
oldraven 
Posted: 08-Mar-2006, 08:52 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (Richard Bercot @ 08-Mar-2006, 07:19 PM)
BTW, that is a Nice Looking Chevy. 1978??? Yours??? unsure.gif

I wish. Like I said; dream truck. It's a '72. The last of the beautiful Chevys. This is the closest I can get at the moment. wink.gif

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/336205
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 09-Mar-2006, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

unsure.gif Correct me if I am wrong. But if Memory serves me right (what memory I have left) isn't the Supertruck yours. I believe I have seen that one before in here.

So, is this Blazer a goal for your Dream Truck? My Old Ms. Grebe was going to be mine until I got to the point that I was physically unable to work on her anymore. sad.gif I was planning to dress her up to look like one of the Old Gladiators (J1000). She had all the main parts already there. About the only thing she really needed, to give her that appearance, was a new grill. The guy that I sold her to, told me that that was the same way he had planned to fix her up. He figures it would take him 2 years to get it completed and I plan to see her when he's done. Maybe even a few peeks inbetween. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster                
oldraven 
Posted: 09-Mar-2006, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Oh yeah, the Supertruck is mine. But it's not a project truck anymore. I've put a lot of time and money into her, but realised that to get where I want with it, I'd be better off starting with a more solid base. The rig is rugged as all get out, runs like a top, and has the looks of a work truck. sad.gif The body lines are so crooked from past bumper tags (previous owners) that it would take an act of God to see everything line up again. Like a painting that only looks good from 30' away.

So I'll continue to use her as a work truck (and honestly use it as mobile storage for the 383) until I can find a nice and straight '67-72 C10 or K5 Blazer. You can bet she'll be ocean blue with a superman symbol on a red toneau cover by the time I'm done with it, though. biggrin.gif thumbs_up.gif I'll probably always have a Chevy Supertruck, in one form or another.
oldraven 
Posted: 09-Mar-2006, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Do you have any examples of what on old Gladiator looks like? It sounds awesome, but I've never seen one.
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 12-Mar-2006, 11:03 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Sorry OR, I am not able, as of yet, to find a picture of one. sad.gif

But the thing that made me the most upset disgust.gif was that after driving 2 hours (one way) and paying $32 for tickets, the Gladiator was not there. I did approach them about this and they told me that it was scheduled to be there but at the last minute it cancelled. I had also talked to them about the Gladiator and asked about the size of it. He told me that it would be about the size of a Dodge Dakota, just a Mid-Size Truck. That is not too bad because Ms. Grebe was also a Mid-Size Truck.

I did look at the Unlimited while I was there and I was not impressed at all. Just too much plastic, carpeting and other nick-nacks for my taste. As a matter of fact, it looked more like a "car" than it did a Jeep. disgust.gif

I told my Son, who went with me, that I would be just better off buying an Old Jeep, like a CJ7, and fixing it up even if I would have to pay someone else to fix it for me. At least then I would know what I had and use it the way I wanted without having to worry if the carpet got dirty.

So maybe my Dream Truck may not be such a Dream Truck as I had hoped for. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster                
oldraven 
Posted: 13-Mar-2006, 10:19 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Sad to say, I think the dealer representing DCX at that show took you for a ride. The same thing happened here at the Edmonton Motor Show, last year. A guy I work with is a Jeep fanatic, and he checked with the local dealer to make sure the Gladiator was going to be at the show. He assured him it would be. It wasn't. It was all a ploy to get him down there to look at the new Jeeps. Shady business, IMO.

Anyway, I'm sure there is a rubber floor mat option for every Wrangler model out there. Jeep hasn't forgotten that much. laugh.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada. They provide music license coverage through SOCAN.
Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance Tavern, Celt-Rock-Radio, A Celtic Christmas, SaltyDog Radio, Best of Celtic Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics , Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With MicroSoft Edge, Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]