Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> New Middle School Dress Code, Have we come to this?
Iago 
Posted: 26-Feb-2005, 12:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Carlsbad, California

male

Chloe, my oldest, is starting to get into this phase (she is 9). Me and Sasha do our best, and I am pretty proud of the way our kids are turning out. They don't dress trashy either, and I will have to agree with the consensus that is all about the time that parents share with their children.
Also, for those reading this thinking "I don't want my children to hate me." Children were meant to hate us. For keeping them down, or not challenging them enough, etc., etc. We were not put here to be our childs friend, we can be, but we must remember that our first duty is of parent. I like to think that me and my daughters have a special relationship. They both talk to me, hang out with me, play games with me, share alot of my interests, etc. I know this will not last forever, but what they learn from me while doing these things; respecting elders, being polite, sharing, being kind to others, etc., will carry on with them.

Well, that turned out to be alot longer than originally intended. *steps off soap box....how did I get here again?*

~Iago

--------------------
Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

QUOTE (Iago @ 26-Feb-2005, 12:11 AM)
for those reading this thinking "I don't want my children to hate me." Children were meant to hate us. For keeping them down, or not challenging them enough, etc., etc. We were not put here to be our childs friend, we can be, but we must remember that our first duty is of parent.

BRAVO, IAGO!!!!! You hit the kid, er, perverbial nail on the head!!! Too bad more parents don't realize this. sad.gif You can be best friends after they've grown up.

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]