Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Women's Issues, Guy's Don't want to go here! Women only!
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 31-Dec-2003, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

QUOTE (Annabelle @ Dec 31 2003, 05:16 PM)
Now who's on hormone therapy?

A

Have been for 21 years. Keeps my fangs from growing and I don't have to shave nearly as often lol.gif

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 31-Dec-2003, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

QUOTE (Annabelle @ Dec 31 2003, 11:16 PM)
Now who's on hormone therapy?

A

Since I haven't actually went thru MEN. just starting unsure.gif so the dr. says, I take Black Cohosh to keep the flashes away. I'm not on any prescription meds. I do take alot of herbs and vitamins. I just started on Super Omega Complex with fish oil, borage oil, flax seed and CLA. It has the Omega-3-6-9 Fatty Acids. I also take a calcium supplement, since milk products and me don't get alone. Also green tea extract, boron, primrose oil which helps with the mood swings. One time I was a sweet person until the evil twin came out awhile back. wink.gif I also take saw palmetto. Good for your nerves and muscles. Also good for a man's prostate if any of you guys are interested. biggrin.gif Also I take Vitamin C.

This is a very enlightning place to visit. Ha! The guys just couldn't keep out. A typical male trait! flex.gif Can't live with them, but can't live without them. Bless their little pea pickin hearts.

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Elspeth 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

OK guys - I'm giving you fair warning here. I'm about to start a discussion that isn't for the faint of heart. So here's your last chance - don't walk - run, screaming back to your fishing rods, your pints of ale and your dart boards before it's too late.

For any guys who didn't take my warning - you're on your own. No Apologies. cool.gif

I'm now 42 and things are beginning to change. I know there is this vast and mystical experience of menopause looming before me, beginning with what is now labeled premenopause.

Those of you who have gone through it or are going through it, what can I expect? Share your stories. And if you'd rather not share publicly, send me a pm. (not a pms laugh.gif )

This is where the old ways and customs are sorely missed. Women used to gather to perform tasks and talk. But we're now in the computer age, so we post.

OK, wise women - talk to me. But don't scare the pants off of me! fear.gif

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

They only got one shop in the US but more in Canada wink.gif
But thank goodness you can buy online as well. It's a bit expensive overseas but Ladies (& Gents) it's worth it.

www.lush.co.uk
The use natural ingredients whenever possible and their massage bars are soooo good, not talking of their soaps and all their other stuff.
If you have very sensitive skin (like my BF has) try the Fresh Farmacy. It's really really good for removing make up and stuff.

Also, don't be afraid of shampoo bars, they are class! their skin treatments are the right things to spoil yourself rotten, as I will do tomorrow, because I'm going to visit their shop on princes street and get all sorts of great and lovely stuff I have been missing for some time!

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Hey Elspeth, I am 44 and started the premenopause about a year ago. Hormones really started going nuts. Night sweats came first. I really hate these. Then came the hot flashes in the day time. These really suck in the summer at work. (I manage a dry cleaners.) Almost passed out twice last summer. Next I have lost all control over my emotions. One extreme to the other. PMS is worse than it ever has been. It really takes everything I have not to be a total *****. I really feel sorry for Rob. It's not fun living with me at the moment. I don't like what I read about hormone therapy, so I bought New Phase at Wal-Mart. Supposed to be all natural. It took about a month to build up in my system,but it has helped. The night flashes are not as bad, Hot flashes don't come as often, and emotions have leveled out. (a little) I WANT THIS TO BE OVER NOW!!!!! LOL My mother said she was 50 when she was done. Hope this helps. Good Luck ! smile.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Elspeth and ladies! I am 49 and like my sisters I started premenopause at age 40. I first noticed palpitations a lot. The mood swings, night sweats, hot flashes. There were times my emotions got so out of control I thought I was losing my mind! Plus, the weight gain! All of a sudden my metabolism slowed and I could no longer just eat anything I wanted! Then insomnia! Oh that was so terrible. One other thing, but I best PM you with that one with men reading this. wink.gif

I went the natural way with herbs and vitamins and natural progesterone cream. All that helped tremondously. I am now considered post-menopausal now and the worst of the symptoms are gone now......thank God! You do survive, believe it or not! wink.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh, I can't believe I forgot to mention this! the one major thing I went through was a period of re-evaluation of my life! I found I went through periods of regret for not having done things in my life and got really depressed. As a result I made some very positive changes. Maybe one of the reasons why they call it "the change." So some very positive things come out of the process as well. I am sure we can think of one big one ladies! wink.gif
Siobhan Blues 
  Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 08:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hey CelticRose - I figured I'd find you posting on this topic. We've discussed it before, haven't we??

What is it you said my symptoms indicated, 'peri-menopause' wasn't it? My menstrual cycle has been as predictable as can be, usually I can plot it on the calender and come within 2 days of when I actually 'start'... you know, though, actually in November it was a full week late then lasted like 8 days, longer than ususual and today I realized its late again...

Emotionally I feel like all veneer of politeness and reserve has been stripped off, to the point that I feel very impatient very quickly when usually I put up with too much from people. I'm much more likely to reply to what people say that annoys me with a sharp word now than ever before...
And I wake up nearly every morning as hot as if I had a fever! I do hate that...

Maybe I'm wandering into serious menopause now, what do you think?

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Could be, Suisaidh! Everyone experience different symptoms, really. I didn't really have the hot flashes, but I did experience a lot of warmth when I used to be so cold natured before I hit the peri-menopause stage. and the irritability was awful!

when you get to my stage of post-menopause, there is no more worrying about menstrual cycles....lol! FREEDOM!!!! clap.gif

Now I wonder how many guys are reading this and laughing or barfing. Now for your men. You go through "the change" too, did you know? wink.gif laugh.gif
Elspeth 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Hey Celtic Rose - I warned the men not to enter this one. No sympathies if they read along anyway. biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the comments. I can feel things are changing, but in such vague ways I don't know if it is due to this biological stage or if I am just going insane. rolleyes.gif Could be either. laugh.gif

I haven't really experienced any of these things yet. Well maybe the stripping off of the polite veneer, then again that could be just from living with four kids and a husband fifth child. So, if anyone has any more comments, keep 'em coming.

Thanks
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Elspeth! I am sure we will as we all go through this together! Nice to have the support, eh? thumbs_up.gif
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 10:00 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Don't be surprized if one day you've had enough and rip someone's head off! Just hope it's someone who understands. unsure.gif

A woman can get really mean during this time in her life. If any of you guys are reading this...BEWARE ! ranting.gif Don't tell her you understand, because you don't.

I hope all you ladies have men that love you beyond anything imaginable. This really test your marriage. Back in July I got so mad at my one true love inlove.gif I ripped a door off the hinges. Needless to say, I've took alot of ribbing for that one. I'm always the mild mannered one who doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Things have changed!!! I'm waiting for the real me to move back in. wink.gif My husband is praying it's real soon.

Now ladies I 'm not saying you all will go thru this, we are all different. With me it's more of an emotional rollercoaster.

I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!

MAGGIEMAHONE1

PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 10:17 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Maggie you are too funny! lol.gif I mean I know it it is not really funny as my poor hubby has had to deal with me! This was probably one of the worst times of my life and our marriage is me going through this, but Thank God. We both got through it and I am much better now that I am "post-menopausal." Life seems to be so much better now, even better than it has been. but during that time! wow! did I ever roar!
oldraven 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 10:50 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Jan 1 2004, 07:25 PM)
Now I wonder how many guys are reading this and laughing or barfing. Now for your men. You go through "the change" too, did you know? wink.gif laugh.gif

Yes, I knew that. Saw something about it on discovery, or something.

And this stuff is less scary than you think. Now that's not in invitation to go freakay on me, aight? wink.gif

BTW, I'm only here to laugh at what you ladies are saying about us intruding males.

Miri, Ange uses the Body Shop hemp hand cream, and I've tried it on some mild exima myself. Cleared it up in a flash. Another great part about these western winters. There's a Body Shop in the West Edmonton Mall that Ange goes to from time to time.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 11:00 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

oldraven! Glad some males are learning things and will be properly prepared as to what us women go through! laugh.gif As well as get a good laugh and entertainment from us all! wink.gif

Hmm, must try the Body Shop! I have a tad bit of exzema from these dry desert climates. sounds like it would do wonders! smile.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]