Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,441 Gold!

Well, it appears that little article in the Boston Globe titled, "Web 'Radio' Quickly Finding Niche Markets" is making the rounds around some major websites and news outlets! If you recall, Highlander Radio is featured as part of an article on the growth of Internet Radio.

A few recent editions today:

LinuxInsider.com
TechNews World
E-Commerce Times
Yahoo News

I don't receive the New York Times, but I understand from another site this article may have been in the New York Time although I am not able to confirm.

It also appears to be hitting alot of websites through a syndicated news service too. Well, you can see all of the websites featuring this article by using this link to search google:

Highlander Radio Web Radio Article

I think the popularity reflects the growing interest in Internet Radio and the potential that lies ahead. I am not all certain we will be getting tons of traffic from this article, but it will definitely help our search engine listings!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Deborah_MacGillivray 
Posted: 19-Apr-2005, 05:17 AM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

female

walkman.gif Paul, you are seeing two things 1) Search engines are picking up information faster 2) anything to do with Celtic, Scotland, Highlands etc spreads like wildfire!

Couple weeks ago, my friend Sue-Ellen Welfonder did an interview for the London Times about her writing. She's a writer of Historical Romance set in Medieval Scotland. Sue is not one of these Yanks writing, that saw Bravenheart and think they know Scotland, that never set foot on Scotland's soil. She knows Scotland well, there a couple times a year, knows the history. She is one of the most accurate writers in this genre. Well, within two days of the article hitting, she was flooded by radio stations all over Scotland wanting to do interviews. Then the search engines logged the article and POW...the interest spread and everyone was calling, emailing.

You are seeing the same sort of reaction with your article. It's being picked up and since it's Scottish you are reaping attention.

So Congrats!! It's well deserved!

Mo ghraidhin go deo thu!
(Bravo! Good for you!)

--------------------

Slàinte Mòhr,

Slàinte Mòr,

DeborahAnne

DeborahAnne MacGillivray
http://deborahmacgillivray.co.uk
A Restless Knight, Kensington July 2006
Ravenhawke, Kensington October 2006
Invasion of Falgannon Isle, Dorchester 2006
Riding the Thunder, Dorchester tba
Bad Cat, Highland Press 2006
Getting It in the End, Highland Press 2006
Paganheart, Highland press 2006

Aithnichear an leomhann air sgriod de ionga.
(The Lion is kenned by the scratch of his claw)
PMEmail Poster               
Deborah_MacGillivray 
Posted: 19-Apr-2005, 05:23 AM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

female

Wow! I am seeing a LOT of guests. Usually there is one 1-3 guests on. There are 24 guests at the moment!! thumbs_up.gif walkman.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 23-Apr-2005, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

WOOTAGE! smile.gif I'll have to check out the stats once I finish reading the forums smile.gif

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Graphs show what I would call a steady increase in listenership since I installed them, let's see if we can keep the trend going smile.gif
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,441 Gold!

Yes, I think overall there is a slow and steady increase of listeners.

What is really interesting is how news events, holidays, weather play a part in listening hours. I examine other broadcast compared to Highlander Radio and notice times when hours drop by 5-10% for the same date range.

We are actually relatively new on Live365. I noticed that most well known broadcast have been around 3, 4 and 5 years....some as many as 8 and 10 years.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]