Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Who Has The Best Clan?, Which clan should be joined?
Harlot 
Posted: 05-Oct-2008, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ 25-Sep-2008, 08:31 PM)
biggrin.gif I guess it's ok to post this! It seems as though Clan MacInnes is the NUMBER 1 ranking clan in all of the Medival Clans! Maybe a party with good music, food, drink and company!
beer_mug.gif note.gif band.gif cheers.gif partytime.gif

Lady maggiemahone1

And we are still in the number 1 spot, so just what does that say for Clan MacInnes biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
olorin 
Posted: 05-Oct-2008, 09:42 PM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

Realm: Virginia

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
174,573 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Well you do have the biggest clan, (and the first if I'm not mistaken?) so if you didn't have number one something woudn't be right there.

--------------------
Slŕinte,
Olórin of Valinor
-----------------------------------------
You can't regret what you don't decide - Shimon Moore
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
Shenaniganz247 
Posted: 03-Nov-2008, 01:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Wise, VA

male

I think that at this point in the game, the top 3 clans listed in the rankings would be helpful to anyone in need of guidance or assistance in the game. I know in the Bruce Clan we have a wide array of Lord's and Lady's from the top ranking members to the just newly started ones and find benefits with this. I'm sure Clan MacInnes is a fine clan as well, you could not have 15 to 20 members and not be a fine clan for sure. The game is getting interesting in some points tho I must say that, you always have to keep on your toes no matter what clan you are in.

Lord Shenaniganz247 of Kincardine
Chieftain, Clan Bruce
1:5:1 king.gif

--------------------
ALBA GU BRATH
PMEmail Poster               
davlcam 
Posted: 18-Dec-2008, 08:14 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Southern California

male

Alrighty then. Sláinte.

Now, Games like this, you can't really tell about a Clan until your in it, which pretty much makes the person joining a Guinea Pig.

Ive gone through the threads, checked the hostility levels, got a bit of a feel for some of the folks here.

That said, since its still a fairly arbitrary decision, and since this is virtual Celtica, I'm going to go with what really matters....

Such as personal family history laugh.gif

The big crooked nose clan, my family clan, is a Highlander clan. We fought in the longest running Clan to Clan feud in the history of the Highlands. We didn't quite get along with the lowlander monarchists either. This leads me to a bit of a dilemma....

I have trouble with the Bruce clan, primarily because Bruce is Lowland, and its origins are not true Scots. Nothing Personal, at all, but it just doesn't sit right 'in me gut'

Now the Mac Ins... well, that Clan to Clan feud I was talking about, well guess what, the Macintosh's just happend to be the clan that my family was at war with for something over 300 years. So I'd be spittin' on a lot of my ancestors graves should I pledge allegiance to that group... Don't get me wrong. Your a clan after my own heart, in that you integrate the history of Scotland into your structure. I'm just afraid of all the ghosts that would haunt my dreams...

There seems to be quite a bit of drama regarding both Wolf and UDB. And neither seems to be all that interested in the Celtic aspect, but rather in the boot stomping aspect. No offense lads and lassies... but there's a lot of blood in the water that surrounds you.

This leaves PLUS and DARK, which both have nice art, but don't speak to my heart.

Ach, whats a Highland laddie to do....
dry.gif

--------------------
Ruithidh an taigeis fhein le bruthaich.
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 18-Dec-2008, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,451 Gold!

Hi davlcam.

The second clan you mention is MacInnes, not MacIntosh.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
stevenpd 
Posted: 18-Dec-2008, 09:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

Clan Cameron fought Clan MacIntosh for nearly 350 years.

Clan MacInnes and Clan Cameron fought together in the 1745 Jacobite uprising.

I will overlook the misidentification.

stevenpd
Chieftain
Clan MacInnes

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
subhuman 
Posted: 19-Dec-2008, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

There seems to be quite a bit of drama regarding both Wolf and UDB. And neither seems to be all that interested in the Celtic aspect, but rather in the boot stomping aspect. No offense lads and lassies... but there's a lot of blood in the water that surrounds you.

Clan Wolf no longer exists, and the incidents you're referring to were with *me* as an individual. At that time I was the sole member of Clan UDB.
Bokora, the only other member of UDB, created his account here two weeks ago.

As for the "Celtic Aspect" with the exception of forming Clans, what else of this game is Celtic themed? Surely building French siege weapons isn't very Celtic. Longbowmen are more associated with England than any other country.

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
McRoach 
Posted: 19-Dec-2008, 11:16 AM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
831,369 Gold!

QUOTE (davlcam @ 18-Dec-2008, 08:14 PM)
This leaves PLUS and DARK, which both have nice art, but don't speak to my heart.

Ach, whats a Highland laddie to do....

I would agree that you have to follow your heart and if clan PLUS or DARK don't speak to that than you are probably better off in creating your own.
There have been 2 or 3 clans here started which had only one clan member in them.

I personally found that a clan is like family or extended family in a lot of ways. You don't have to agree with the members about every thing they value but you do have to watch out of them and they you.

If you would rather not be a lonesome clan leader consider finding those in MK that you can relate to the most. Maybe you'll find there is a clan that best suits you. thumbs_up.gif

Chieftain McRoach
D.A.R.K. Clan

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
McRoach 
Posted: 19-Dec-2008, 11:21 AM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
831,369 Gold!

QUOTE (McRoach @ 19-Dec-2008, 11:16 AM)

but you do have to watch out of them and they you.

Make that watch out FOR them or for thier sakes not of them. Still early need more coffee. wink.gif
davlcam 
Posted: 21-Dec-2008, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Southern California

male

QUOTE (stevenpd @ 18-Dec-2008, 10:54 PM)
Clan Cameron fought Clan MacIntosh for nearly 350 years.

Clan MacInnes and Clan Cameron fought together in the 1745 Jacobite uprising.

I will overlook the misidentification.

stevenpd
Chieftain
Clan MacInnes

Well, I certainly appreciate the correction, and that does change things up a bit. Have to seriously reconsider MacInnes.

After all, If our ancestors took up arms together....
PMEmail Poster               
englishmix 
Posted: 06-Mar-2009, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

Interesting... time will tell. How are the clans as far as supporting Celtic Radio?

I think kingdoms whose Lairds still have gainful employment which have not contriubted to the 2009 Fundraiser Drive should be attacked! Can we feret them out? How do clans encourage support of this website?

I'm looking for a clan to belong to down the road.
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
Dogshirt 
Posted: 08-Mar-2009, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Interesting... time will tell. How are the clans as far as supporting Celtic Radio?

I think kingdoms whose Lairds still have gainful employment which have not contriubted to the 2009 Fundraiser Drive should be attacked! Can we feret them out? How do clans encourage support of this website?

While I can't speak for other clans, I belive every member of Clan McInnes is a paying member, and most of us are Founders. After all, if CR was to fold, we wouldn't be here. Most of us have been members for many years and plan to remain so. It's a great place to hang out.
I would have to say that MOST of the really active players support CR.

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
Harlot 
Posted: 08-Mar-2009, 01:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

I am a Member of Clan MacInnes and Founder member of CR. Right now I am collecting unemployment and still did a donation to CR. I have been here almost a year March 29,2008 and plan on being a member of both for a very long time.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 08-Mar-2009, 02:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (englishmix @ 06-Mar-2009, 10:03 PM)
Interesting... time will tell.  How are the clans as far as supporting Celtic Radio?

I think kingdoms whose Lairds still have gainful employment which have not contriubted to the 2009 Fundraiser Drive should be attacked!  Can we feret them out? How do clans encourage support of this website?

My lord englishmix,

I was part of clan MacInnes from almost its humble beginnings.Most of the clan members are Founders and I've been a founder myself the minute I joined CR and I did sent out a generous contribution to the site even if I too lost my job last October.

But if I may ask my lord...why is it important to you if the Laird or clan leader is not a Founder to the site...I think as long as he can prove his worth to his fellow clansmen it should be enough.To me it is a matter of personal choice since CR offers the choice to members to be a Founder or to contribute...they do not impose anything on anyone.

I don't know about the other clans...I will leave this to you to discover and for the other clan leaders or members to sale their worth to you.

I think that Clan MacInnes is what it is now because of team communications and efforts put in to discover all together the intricacies of the game thus developping a close knit community as well as friendships...and that is the key to success.

Good luck in your hunt for a clan...and if none appeal to you...why not start your own my lord!!!

Lady of Avalon

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
jedibowers 
Posted: 09-Mar-2009, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Fishers, IN

male

I have been a member for several years, I think there was a year that I forgot to renew my membership. But I got that fixed and plan to stay a member of CR and support it often. I think most people that play medieval clans are members of CR. I would think that someone would spend time playing a game on this website and the person was not a member. With how much Paul has done to add more and more features to CR to make it an enjoyable place to come and listen to celtic music and spend time with others that also enjoy the music, I'm glad to be here as a paying member!!
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]