Patriot1776 
Posted: 03-May-2009, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

male

Alright, does anybody know if any of the new stuff that's been playing on Highlander Radio and SaltyDog Radio is available in vinyl LP format in addition obviously to CD (Blech)?

--------------------
LP Vinyl Enthusiast - It really needs to be in LP vinyl format for me to most certainly get it. ^^

"Your brother brought me silver, and your sister warmed my soul, but now I laugh and pull so hard and see you swinging from the gallows pole!" - from the Led Zeppelin song "Gallows Pole", 'Led Zeppelin III' album.
PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted: 03-May-2009, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

There is definitely something about vinyl!!! I remember ripping open the wrapping paper and unveiling Led Zeppelin's "Physical Graffitti". Hours spent gazing at the sleeve and ever so carefully taking out the vinyl without touching the surface. I just recently had my Kenwood turntable serviced and I'm rediscovering the sound of vinyl even though a lot of it is now on CD.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
Patriot1776 
Posted: 04-May-2009, 04:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

male

Yeah, I'm a vinyl enthusiast, and I've left CDs behind completely. In Celtic music, I've got The Warrior's Code by the Dropkick Murphys in vinyl, Flogging Molly's Float and Within A Mile Of Home in vinyl, and original, nearly mint copies Stan Rogers' Northwest Passage and Enya's Watermark in vinyl form. I'm looking to add some more etheral sounding stuff to this.

With the turntable and hi-fi setup I have, each one of these albums completely blow the CD equivalents out of the water. I've got the ability to make MP3s directly from each of these too, and I have, and even MP3s made from vinyl sound better than CD-ripped MP3's, though I don't share them and play the records more than the MP3s since I'm not on the go as much as a lot of people.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]