Posted: 26-Nov-2004, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

OMG. I have never been so jealous of a friend as I am today. My best friend from Florida, who works at Disney on the Pirates of the Caribbean, got to see Johnny Depp in person yesterday while he was on the ride. She's so giddy it makes me sick, lol. I just needed to vent somewhere, ha ha.

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 26-Nov-2004, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

QUOTE (susieq76 @ 27-Sep-2004, 06:56 AM)
Well, I'm going for the obvious!! George Clooney! Mmmm.....like a friend of mine says: "he looks like a snickers bar after a two-week diet"

Amen!

OH- LA-LA George Clooney is one hunk of a man. I loved watching him on ER. When he left the show, it just wasn't the same.
Someone mentioned Tom Selleck, I think he is one fine specimen of a MAN! He has that rugged masculine look. The kind that makes your heart speed up and you get all hot and flushed! Must be those hormones, again! angel_not.gif
Pleasant dreams tonite, ladies! wink.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Dreamer1 
Posted: 26-Nov-2004, 10:11 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Maggie, that was me!

I've seen him in so many movies (not to mention "Magnum P.I."), and he always gets my heart thumpin'! I can't decide if it's his eyes, his voice, his dimples, the way he twitches his eyebrows, his ruggedness, all of the above..........???????? It doesn't matter!! **sigh** wub.gif

Dreamer1
(hubby just rolls his eyes and shakes his head rolleyes.gif )

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
gypseyreyne 
Posted: 27-Nov-2004, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

female

I bumped into Tom Cruise in Las Vegas and I will say he has the bluest eyes I have ever seen and the most disarming grin. I just giggled as I walked away.

--------------------
Oh Lord! Thou knowest how busy I must be this day: if I forget thee, do not Thou forget me.Prayer uttered by Sir Philip Warwick before the battle of Edgehill.
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

Hi gals!

I'm afraid it's been a Looooonnnggg winter, I've spent part of it as a forced couch potato, and now I've got to pay the piper (as it were) for too many extra pounds. HELP!!!! I've been eyeing the brand-spanking-new "Curves" that just opened in our little town, seriously considering getting up my nerve and dropping in to see what's what there. Have any of you been there, or is anyone familiar with them? Could you tell me what to expect, what you like about them, dislike about them, costs involved, attendance expected, etc......?? I'd really appreciate any input you can give. Thanks all!

Dreamer1
Lil 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 10:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Spring Hill, Florida, USA

female

I have been there once, on a free visit....... I felt very out of place there. It might have been the atmosphere, which was a little bit too quiet for me.

My husband and I have a gym in our garage and that's where we work out, can have the music as loud as we want and work as fast or slow as we like.

Lil
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

The boys rooms don't smell the best either Lil! Stay here!

Wiz and a few others like to see what we are talking about so we usually like to bring up topics that shock em once in a while so they will leave everyone alone. ha ha

So new topic:

HOW MUCH MONEY SHOULD YOU SPEND ON A WEDDING BEFORE IT BECOMES ECESSIVE?

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

ZodiacHawthorn

female

One of my best freinds is getting married next year and I am the maid of honor. So this topic will be very helpful for me! I have no idea... nor any experience in wedding planning until now. I'm lost... lol.
Herrerano 
Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

...now it's time to grab a couple of cold ones and do the honors, if cooking over a charcoal fire, be sure that the coals are heaped very close to the grill and start the steaks out in the hottest part of the fire. Watch for flare ups and just gently pick up the steak and move it a minute to keep from scorching. If you did a five minute soak in dry white wine and garlic, really the only flare up danger is from the bacon wrapped around...

WHOA!!!!!!!

thought this was a different thread......weddings???? CRIPES!! sorry, sorry, sorry (Sheesh, is my fly is open here?)

sneakin' out the back, sorry, sorry, sorry cool.gif

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 01:30 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

QUOTE (Lil @ 22-Mar-2005, 11:51 PM)
I have been there once, on a free visit....... I felt very out of place there. It might have been the atmosphere, which was a little bit too quiet for me.

My husband and I have a gym in our garage and that's where we work out, can have the music as loud as we want and work as fast or slow as we like.

Lil

Thanks Lil.

I admit I'm very nervous about walking in there! unsure.gif I just don't seem to be able to keep a regular exercise schedule going here at home -- too many distractions. My hubby and daughters are also very much involved in Martial Arts, and keep trying to get me to participate in their "moves". I'm REALLY not interested in that whole area, and thought this would give me another way to accomplish my goals. I'll do some more investigating first. wink.gif

Dreamer1
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 01:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,829 Gold!

QUOTE (Annabelle @ 23-Mar-2005, 08:30 AM)
HOW MUCH MONEY SHOULD YOU SPEND ON A WEDDING BEFORE IT BECOMES ECESSIVE?

Depends on the wedding. If you're going for the BIG church wedding, catered reception, etc. then you're probably talking $20,000 range as a minimum. If you go for a scaled back version, no sit down dinner etc. then you could get by for $5,000. And if they drive to the Justice of the Peace, then $20.00 should do it.

As I had two sons, I got to pay for rehearsal dinners. One son (married in '99) had everybody and his brother at the rehearsal dinner; cost $2,000. The other son (married in '03) had a small rehearsal dinner with just wedding participants and parents; cost $1,300.

Man I knew years ago had three daughters. He planned to nail a ladder to the side of the house. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

ZodiacHawthorn

female

Thanks for the laugh, Herrerano, lol.

Dang, $20,000 to $20... that's crazy. Uhhh... I'm not looking forward to putting this together with her sad.gif
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Wedding

My wedding didn't cost much - about 20 dollar for the cake, 10 dollar for the cake topper and about 50 bucks for the the cold cuts and other things.

Well I have to admit I only had 2 extra people at my wedding. My friend and coworker at the time and her daughter. My son played Best"Man" for my husband.

That was about it. I bought me a white dress and shoes and a few accessoires so I ended up paying about 100 bucks for my clothes and for my husband we spend approx. 10 bucks on a nice shirt. He had pants and shoes. And an extra 10 bucks for a nice shirt with tie for my son.

So we left pretty cheap.

After the guests left husband, son and me went to the movies and had a nice time.

That was a quick and easy wedding and we had a good time.

We wanted a bigger wedding with friends and family but since we had to get married in a jiffy because of the Army. My husband signed a few days after our wedding the papers for the Army to rejoin and we wanted to have that issue behind us so we wouldn't run into any problems changing the orders after we got married - always a hassle to change things in the Army.

So big expensive Weddings are not my thing I guess. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 11:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

I think we paid $16 dollars for the marriage license and another $12 for the Justice of the Peace. I got married in jeans and a sweater. There was no honeymoon and family was NOT invited! biggrin.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 11:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ 22-Mar-2005, 10:01 PM)
Hi gals!

I'm afraid it's been a Looooonnnggg winter, I've spent part of it as a forced couch potato, and now I've got to pay the piper (as it were) for too many extra pounds. HELP!!!! I've been eyeing the brand-spanking-new "Curves" that just opened in our little town, seriously considering getting up my nerve and dropping in to see what's what there. Have any of you been there, or is anyone familiar with them? Could you tell me what to expect, what you like about them, dislike about them, costs involved, attendance expected, etc......?? I'd really appreciate any input you can give. Thanks all!

Dreamer1

I've never been to the one by us, however, I haven't heard anything positive about it. Apparently, no one going there has been very successful. From what I've heard, there's more chit-chatting among the women during the sessions, than working out. I stick by Weight Watchers. If you're willing to stick with their plan, then it is effective! I just can't seem to keep my motivation going!
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]