Moon Child 
Posted: 27-May-2005, 08:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

Hello everyone, I just reached Part Two : Castle Leoch. book.gif I am very interested in finding out what's happens to Claire at the Castle Leoch and what the Colum Mackenzie is going to do with Claire. I also want to know what happens with Jaime and Claire to see if they maybe start a relationship or not!! wink.gif I can't wait to find out!!!

I have to put it down for now so can I get ready for work but as soon as I finish my work tonight and have some time I'm going to get back to it as soon as possible!!! w00t2.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Rindy 
Posted: 27-May-2005, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi moon child. Its good to hear someone repeat it..I am done with Dragonfly In Amber. I still like Outlander best. I will start Voyager this weekend..I can't wait..

Enjoy reading everyone its a beautiful gift.. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-May-2005, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Moonchild! It is good to hear the repeats too. Reminds me why I love those books so much. It gets even better too! Keep us posted where you are. Let us know when you fall in love with Jamie Fraser too! wink.gif rolleyes.gif

Rindy, I am anxious to hear how you like Voyager.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 29-May-2005, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 28-May-2005, 08:24 PM)
Thanks Moonchild! It is good to hear the repeats too. Reminds me why I love those books so much. It gets even better too! Keep us posted where you are. Let us know when you fall in love with Jamie Fraser too! wink.gif rolleyes.gif

Rindy, I am anxious to hear how you like Voyager.

Ok Celtic Rose,

Ha I am only to the point of Claire being confronted where she has been.. I think this one is a gonna go fast...did you like it?

Slainte Mhor smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 29-May-2005, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Rindy, I LOVED Voyager! I bet I read that book much faster than Outlander. I was so anxious to see all what was going to happen in that book and a lot happens! ohmy.gif Keep me posted! wink.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 29-May-2005, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Boy you know how to put in a good word don't cha?? LOL laugh.gif Now I won't be able to stop.. biggrin.gif thats ok-lovin every minute of it.. Hee Hee.. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Sonee 
Posted: 02-Jun-2005, 11:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

Ròs, how can anyone NOT fall in love with Jaime while Claire is setting his shoulder? And you just fall deeper and deeper every scene he is in!!! I would dare anyone to read these books and NOT fall in love with him!! I don't believe it is possible!!

I finished Outlander the other day and am halfway through the Outlandish Companion (I had to find out the major plot points of the other books before I read them!!) I am about to start the next book in line...I hope. They are due back at the library on monday...so I guess I will have to read fast!!! Maybe I just oughta buy them!! Would make the late fees alot less!!

All I can say is....were are those stones?

--------------------
Sonee

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison
PMEmail Poster               
Moon Child 
Posted: 03-Jun-2005, 07:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

This morning I just finished reading Chapter 13 "A Marriage Is Announced" and all I have to say OH MY GOODNESS!!! eek.gif I can't believe that Claire is getting married!!! I just finished reading that chapter before I left for work and now that I'm home I'm going to read chapter 14 just to find out what happens before I go to bed!!! I can't believe everything that's happening with Claire and Jaime. blink.gif It just keeps getting better and better!!!
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Jun-2005, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

So glad to hear you gals are enjoying these books so much! I am pretty nutty about them all myself. At first I bought all paper backs. Now I am slowly but surely buying all hard backs and getting those signed by Herself! I just LOVE Jamie. I mean if you are going to go back through some wierd stones and another time, you might as well find yourself the ultimate man..........Jamie Fraser. We must find these stones, eh girls? LOL

Hey, what do you gals think about the ghost in Outlander? Who do you think it is? Hee hee wink.gif

Sonee, glad your reading the Outlandish Companion along with the books. I highly recommend everybody doing that.
Rapunzel5150 
Posted: 03-Jun-2005, 09:57 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

female

Hey never posted on this site before, just registered two days ago.

Had to add I LOVE Diana Gabaldons' books, they are wonderful, full of everything you could possibly be interested in. Love Jamie and Claire. Breanna and Roger? I love them too, but not as much. However, everytime I put one of her books down and it's over I feel like I'm missing friends, which is extremely rare to find from any book. I think I've read them over 3 times each, which is a feat when Outlander was the first book I'd ever read that was that large, but I enjoyed every page. Can't wait til her new one comes out. I know those books are mine, my mom, my moms' best friend, my aunt and my uncles favorite. Where else are you going to find that much adventure where you actually care about what happens to the characters to that degree?

Amy

PS Have also read Sarah Donati's books. I thought they were good also.
My personal preference in general as far as books go are fantasy and most anything having to do with celtic history.

PSS I also read Dianas' book about Lord John Grey, it was extremely funny. I didn't realize they were two.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Jun-2005, 10:08 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Rapunzel! Welcome to the celticradio! I am sure you will love it here along with us all.

Always love talking to another Outlander series fan. Everything you said is so true. They are the kind of books that you want to read over and over and the characters become people you care about and are friends for life. However, I am not too fond of Brianna and Roger. I mean they are ok, but I hate it when they become scene stealers. I want my Jamie and Claire back and so relieved when they do so.

I read one of the Lord John Grey's books. It was ok. I wasn't particularly fond of it for some reason. Just didn't hold my interest and he was never one of my favorite characters in the series. But I will probably get the second LJG book just to have and read it as well.

Right now I am reading #4 book of Sara Donati's, Fire Along the Sky. Then I gotta wait till next spring before the next book comes out in that series. sad.gif

Very nice to meet you and hope to see you in all the other forums too! smile.gif
Sonee 
Posted: 04-Jun-2005, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

Welcome to the forum Repunzel!! Sadly I have yet to read anything by Sara Donati. That will perhaps be my next series!! I also haven't read LJG....yet!! Before reading the Outlander Series I read Shannon Drake's books.

I agree with you Ròs, it's very advisable to read the Outlandish Companion while reading the series! I would highly recommend it as well!

As for Brianna and Roger....well....I haven't gotten that far yet!! I have only read the synopsis in the Companion and haven't actually read the full book yet. I'll let ya know when I do! After finding out that she ends up back in her own time to raise her child without Jamie almost made me cry!!! And that was only read in the Companion. I haven't experienced the 'real thing' from the actual book yet!
PMEmail Poster               
Moon Child 
Posted: 09-Jun-2005, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Hello ladies, I'm now at Chapter 21 in Outlander and it just keeps better and better!!! I have to say that I've fallen for Jaime!! tongue.gif Like Celtic Rose said he is the ultimate man. It's too bad their aren't that many men nowadys like him!!! wink.gif I was really shocked to find out that Claire and Jaime got married but it just seems right!!! I'm now at the part where Claire was just rescued by Corporal Hawkins from her near drowning. It'll be interesting to see what happens to her now!!!
PMEmail Poster                
Rapunzel5150 
Posted: 11-Jun-2005, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

female

Thanks for making me feel welcome, would have been back sooner, but had pneumonia this past week. I am now on the mend smile.gif thank goodness.
Anyway, I'm happy I've finally met (sort of) some people that KNOW what I'm talking about when I mention those books. Ya know how so many books you read and then you couldn't remember anything about them later... Each time I read these yeah their are some surprises and things I didn't remember, but the bulk of it I can. I love how the accents are written too, it helps so I know how they are supposed to sound.

I think Voyager was my favorite book out of those. The Outlander one, their is one word she uses an awful lot that sometimes drives me nuts. Her books I can tell are better written the further along she gets, but I think I'm still more in love with the first ones. Although... her others are even better than almost any other book I've read, maybe it's just cause I'm not too crazy about Bree and Roger? Throughout most of their time in them I think man these people are stupid and pigheaded, but I guess if we were honest their are more like them than Jamie and Claire. Too bad... wish we all had a man like Jamie, but I haven't met any that come anywhere close.

Amy
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 11-Jun-2005, 11:00 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (Rapunzel5150 @ 11-Jun-2005, 11:14 PM)
Thanks for making me feel welcome, would have been back sooner, but had pneumonia this past week. I am now on the mend smile.gif thank goodness.
Anyway, I'm happy I've finally met (sort of) some people that KNOW what I'm talking about when I mention those books. Ya know how so many books you read and then you couldn't remember anything about them later... Each time I read these yeah their are some surprises and things I didn't remember, but the bulk of it I can. I love how the accents are written too, it helps so I know how they are supposed to sound.

I think Voyager was my favorite book out of those. The Outlander one, their is one word she uses an awful lot that sometimes drives me nuts. Her books I can tell are better written the further along she gets, but I think I'm still more in love with the first ones. Although... her others are even better than almost any other book I've read, maybe it's just cause I'm not too crazy about Bree and Roger? Throughout most of their time in them I think man these people are stupid and pigheaded, but I guess if we were honest their are more like them than Jamie and Claire. Too bad... wish we all had a man like Jamie, but I haven't met any that come anywhere close.

Amy

So sorry to hear you have been sick. That is a scary thing... I am just now reading Voyager not into it very far at all. It seems like it is going to be great..
I will sure be happy when Celtic Rose gets back..

Well ladies happy reading- smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]