CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Jan-2006, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Oh wow! I am really behind in here!

Susie congrats on both your marriage and baby to come! I hope you are doing better by now.

Amy, your friend, Chris, is in my thoughts and prayers as well.

You both keep us all posted, ok?

Take care !
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 31-Jan-2006, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

My prayers are for you both, Susie and AzAmy. Thanks for sharing, and keep us informed as to how things are doing.

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Elspeth 
Posted: 03-Feb-2006, 10:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Well, Rose and Siobhan, if you think you're out of the loop!!

Susie! Double congrats! Come back and find you married with another baby on the way. Man I have been gone a long time. laugh.gif

How IS everyone? Catch me up. Rose, are you still having back problems? Siobhan did you ever do anything with the book you were working on? Wizard how are you and your family?

For those of you who remember the saga of my life rolleyes.gif there is good news. Last fall my husband finally confronted his drinking problem, went into rehab and has not had a drop since. Even more importantly, he is working on trying to be the man God created him to be. This is a real uphill struggle, as his upbringing was skewed.

I've been going through strange times. I think with him finally in a better place, I have found myself releasing the tension of the past 20 years. You ladies know, we can't fall apart until things get in a safe zone. I don't know quite what to do with or about myself. Strange times.

I really need to figure out what to do with myself, what direction to take. I really am at a loss. I keep trying to publish my writings, I have a manuscript and four queries out now. I don't know if that is the path I'm supposed to take or not. All other doors I try close on me. So, I keep wandering and wondering.
Strange place.

Man, I think I wrote way too much for the first time back. rolleyes.gif
God Bless you all. I was so happy to see the community is still going strong. smile.gif

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Feb-2006, 02:12 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Elspeth! I can't tell you how wonderful it is to hear from you! I have wondered often what happened to you. Your news about your DH is so wonderful! I bet you feel much better yourself. Keep us posted on things. It is so great to hear from you. I have truly missed you!

I am doing fine. I still have my back problems. Some days better than others but hey! Tis life, eh?

Siobhan came to visit me in October! Was wonderful, grand and did not want her to leave and hope she returns soon!

Can truly understand the feeling of what the heck do I do with myself? I ask that of myself every day!

Take care and speak soon!
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 07-Feb-2006, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

ELSPETH!!!!!

Good heavens, girl, its great to see you posting here again!!! Thanks for telling us what's been going on, that kept you from us for so long. I am thrilled to hear that your husband faced those demons and is moving forward now - that's just fabulous.

And I think you're entitled to fall apart if you want to, considering all thats been going on in your life. Heck, I've fallen apart periodically for about a year now with this mid-life stuff!! Its inevitable, especially for people-pleasers like me who want to keep the house peaceful but end up stiffling our thoughts and emotions to the point that we are boiling inside and nobody knows it. I've gone ballistic a couple of times and man it felt GOOOOD. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Now seriously, re-evaluating who you are and what you are doing is a good thing. I'm in the middle of that too. Actually I issued God an ultimatum last autumn rolleyes.gif I said 'Okay Lord, I can't go on like this any more. If you want me to continue on this road, some art sales are going to need to happen before the end of the year. If they don't happen, I'm going to look for an outside job.'
Week after week went by with no sales. Midway through December my friend Ann calls and says 'hey, our church's secretary is quitting and I bet you'd be perfect for the job - if you want to apply, contact the pastor.' I swear I could hear the grin on God's face! I contacted the pastor, submitted the resume, went for my first job interview in like 20-something years... and I got the job! Its two days a week, Pastor Ken is a great boss: a quiet laid-back fellow with a good sense of humor, and I'm doing all the things the OCD* part of me loves: organizing, organizing, organizing! And writing too.
Oh, and after I got the church secretary job, I also had a nice sale and got a portrait commission. I knew God didn't want me to quit doing art, He just wanted me to get off the treadmill and actually do art for art's sake for awhile.

So no I'm not writing a book but I'm having fun writing letters instead. AND getting paid actual real money too. Yippee!!

SB

(OCD is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - watch the show Monk for a hilarious but heart-touching illustration of what its like. No I'm not that extreme but I do organize my spice cabinet alphabetically and turn all the cans in the cabinet so that labels face front!)
PM               
Elspeth 
Posted: 07-Feb-2006, 09:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

Hey SB! Man I can Sooooo relate to what you are saying! I am glad you've got going in a positive direction. Getting out of the house and into a new environment a couple a days a week has to be great, uplifting.
Glad to hear you blew your stack a few times too. rolleyes.gif Good for you.

And Rose, I've wondered about you often. I was so glad to see you're still here at CR.

I want to ask a favor of both of you ladies. I posted a couple of paintings I did in Celtic Hearts. Look them over and give me some feedback? You can do it privately if you're more comfortable. Direction from acomplished artists would be so helpful. I'm now working on my 5th painting. I've got anough feel under my belt to maybe understand enough to be able to understand artist talk. biggrin.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Feb-2006, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Elspeth! It is great to talk to you too! I have so missed you! I will look at your paintings as well. wow! I didn't realize you painted!

SB...you have a link of me and you here in AZ? ! laugh.gif I didn't see that till tonight! LOL!

So glad the job is going so well. I think of you often!
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 17-Feb-2006, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Elspeth, I've been unable to spend time here in several days but I've just posted again in the art thread. Reading about your adventures in painting is actually inspiring me to get back to the studio. With all the pressures of having our house for sale, its been hard to clear my head enough to consider doing any artwork - and I've got a commission plus three large unfinished pieces all begging for some attention in the studio. I'm glad you've got me talking about art again... its nice to be back in that frame of mind.

Hey Rose, glad I made you chuckle!
PM               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 27-Feb-2006, 10:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

My youngest son, 17 years old, has had some problems with driving: three citations in six months. He currently has his license suspended. The last accident he had (he has had two) occurred last October. He had three passengers with him. No one was hurt. Unfortunately a provision of his still being allowed to drive, to and from school only, was that he take no passengers other than family members.
Now because he had passengers, the judge and the prosecuting attorney are looking at actual jail time for him!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were flabbergasted when we heard this today. We assumed he would lose his license only. No one dreamed that he may go to jail. Even our attorney is suprised. There is no precedent around here for a juvenile to be jailed for a transgression like this.

Can I get some some prayers and good thoughts toward my son? I am trying not to be bitter and angry toward the legal people involved, but it is hard. I frankly am sick about this. We were told by our attorney and a police officer friend that jail was out of the question. Now, it is not.

sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 27-Feb-2006, 10:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 27-Feb-2006, 09:26 PM)
Can I get some some prayers and good thoughts toward my son? I am trying not to be bitter and angry toward the legal people involved, but it is hard. I frankly am sick about this. We were told by our attorney and a police officer friend that jail was out of the question. Now, it is not.

sad.gif

Will sure keep you and your boy in prayer. I have a 17 year old also. It can be challenging, can't it?

Lord bless you and yours.

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
Elspeth 
Posted: 28-Feb-2006, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

The legal system can be so indiscriminate can't it?

I pray that this whole tangle will be straightened out and that cool heads will pervail so that those entrusted to be in seats of authority will do what is best for your child. And that your child will learn to not worry his parents so.

Peace and blessings upon you and your family.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Mar-2006, 02:43 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey JP! You have my thoughts and prayers!
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 14-Mar-2006, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Mine too, JP. I'm sorry your son wouldn't keep within the requirements set for him after the infractions - its those three citations in 6 months making the legal system be so hard on him. They're trying to shock him into driving better! I'm afraid he's got some hard consequences to face now.

PM               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 20-Mar-2006, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I have some great news today!!
We just got back from our court hearing and our son did not get any jail time!
He did lose his license for a year, which is okay by me.
We had letters of reference which helped tip the balance in our favor. The judge was impressed with the things written about our son. The young man handled himself very well too.

Thanks for your prayers and well wishes!!

clap.gif cheers.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 21-Mar-2006, 06:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

That is wonderful news!

You must be SO relieved. smile.gif Can you sleep a whole night now?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]