> Volcanic Eruption In Iceland
Rindy 
Posted: 19-Apr-2010, 11:41 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 19-Apr-2010, 10:18 PM)
If Katla erupts we are talking Volcanic Winter across the Globe.

Well, there goes the neighborhood!

beer_mug.gif

LMAO I'll be storing up on mine. Heck of a reason to the volcano may errupt. But I gotta have the dark guiness, it should be good for something. lol. Keep your eyes open folks let us know whats going on out there

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 20-Apr-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Rindy @ 19-Apr-2010, 11:10 PM)
Thanks for pointing that out Celtic Radio.
I think this is all so scary. "I can't take it anymore were all going to die ohmy.gif crybaby.gif" wink.gif
I've been looking around on the web and this Katla is one to be scared of. I don't like living close to Yellowstone either. I heard that Utah had some kind of a quake haven't followed up on that one yet.

Some say it's normal to have all these small quakes I say with what all is happening all over the world is not the norm. Ok, now I get to have nightmares. lol..

Slainte

As I recall, this one was under a layer of glacial ice. Unfortunately there are a number of potentially catastrophic volcanoes around the world. Also any place that two of the earth's plates meet has potential for volcanic activity.

The caldera volcano in yellowstone has been experiencing quakes for some time and one of the lakes has experienced a land mass rise at one end thus shifting it's shore line. The geysers and mud pools have changed with new ones appearing and old ones slowing down. Many of the tourist trails have been closed because of this. Most ominous is that since we can measure minute changes in the earth surface with satellites, we find that the land mass has risen three or more feet inside the caldera.

My brother has a home just outside yellowstone and he fishes there. I asked him if he was worried and his philosophy was a bit fatalistic. If he was there he would die the day of the eruption, probably while trout fishing. If he was living here, it would probably take 6 to 8 weeks for him to die. The only variant would be the suffering endured.

Catastrophes have occurred throughout the history of the planet and all plants and creatures have been forced through an evolution process to survive. This at times has resembled a bottle neck.

We will survive again but life styles could change radically. Hopefully this will not be the event that accomplishes it.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]