Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Going Through Hell & Highwater To Get A New House., As the Mountains Turn.
birddog20002001 
Posted: 15-Apr-2004, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Isle of Man
ZodiacRowan

Realm: North Carolina

male

My wife and I won a bid on a 100 year old 17 room house here in Waynesville (Shancy really really wanted it) last year. Our bid was $89,000. Immediately after we won the woman that "owned" the house filed for bankruptcy, which took the house out of our hands and back into hers. Before this she hadn't made a single mortgage payment in 3 years. I said fine lets wait around and it will go back on the market later, I didn't believe she would change her ways. In the meantime we bought another house from a friend inorder to prevent him from being forclosed on and we live there now. She didn't make one payment and the house went back on the Courthouse steps. My wife just left to put in an upset bid (you have 10 days to beat the price by 5% ad infinitum). As she was going to the courthouse and crossing the street the fire trucks drove past her, she made the bid now $132,300 (due to the woman's bankruptcy and legal fees) Shan went past the house because the neighbors are friends and had a dog collar of ours. The house was on fire, but my friends mom was at their house and heard a window break and called 911. The Firemen said the house was empty and also that it looks like it was arson this will more than likely prevent anyone else from trying to outbid us, not TOO MUCH damage but we were going to gut the house anyways. Just after Shan got home my father-in-Laws mailman called to tell us the news. Another guy we know said that he was the winning bidder but he is just a liar.
Life is strange and some times amazing.

--------------------
"when a person is prepared to die for a cause, and indeed to glory in such a death, it impossible to supress him or the cause it represents." Jawaharlal Nehru

"Only the suppressed word is dangerous." Ludwig Borne

"All of our freedoms are a single bundle, all must be secure if any is to be preserved." Dwight David Eisenhower

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are both immortal and divine." Socrates
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 15-Apr-2004, 04:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

Sounds like it's turning into a "Money Pit". Give some heavy thought from here on out.
PMEmail Poster               
birddog20002001 
Posted: 15-Apr-2004, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

This is kinda like a pig in a poke
I haven't been inside, but on the whole the house looks like standard maintaince has been performed. I know a few that have been in the house and they didn't see anything wrong. Except for the fire.
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 15-Apr-2004, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Best wishes to you from here on out. Sounds like you haven't had much good luck on it yet, so let's hope that's all that's left for you... All the good luck.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
peckery 
Posted: 15-Apr-2004, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

male

I do historic restoration for a living on old homes. If you have any questions, PM me and I'll try to help you out. king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
birddog20002001 
Posted: 15-Apr-2004, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

See I knew it whould be to my benefit to get a friend one day.

I really like everything original so we are working on importing lead pipe for the plumbing from Laos and Original Asbestos insulation from some defunct Soviet Nuclear plants I got a steal for it wink.gif . The trouble was getting it past customs cool.gif and do you know how hard it is to get vintage lead paint taste great less filling drool.gif .

I have a book of plans I'll send them with your birthday present.
PMEmail Poster               
peckery 
Posted: 16-Apr-2004, 04:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (birddog20002001 @ Apr 15 2004, 08:33 PM)
See I knew it whould be to my benefit to get a friend one day.

I really like everything original so we are working on importing lead pipe for the plumbing from Laos and Original Asbestos insulation from some defunct Soviet Nuclear plants I got a steal for it wink.gif . The trouble was getting it past customs cool.gif and do you know how hard it is to get vintage lead paint taste great less filling drool.gif .

I have a book of plans I'll send them with your birthday present.

For God's sake man, don't forget the lead paint!!! king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]