cscunningham 
Posted: 28-Sep-2004, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Connecticut

male

What a great weekend was had by those who attend the NH Highland Games. The weather was great, the music outstanding, got introduced to a number of new groups like the Glengarry Bhoys, the Searsons, and Hadrian's Wall. Took in two performances of Clann an Drumma. The massed bands at the Opening Ceremonies were just out standing.

The highlight of this years came for me when I carried the Cunningham tartan onto the Parade Ground for the Roll Call of the Clans. This was the first time to my knowledge that Clan Cunningham answered present during the roll call of the clans. And if I have anything to do with it will only be the beginning.

This was the first time I had ever hosted a Clan Tent and the experience was great. I had an opportunity to meet kinsman from all around New England.

Even with 3-days I still was not able to taken all that I wanted to, oh well I guess there is next year.

--------------------
C.S. Cunningham, Clan Cunningham USA -
Membership Coordinator & New England/New York Region Director
[email protected]

If there is righteousness in the heart,
there will be beauty in the character.
If there is beauty in the character,
there will be harmony in the home.
If there is harmony in the home,
there will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation,
there will be peace in the world.
So let it be.

My Webpage
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 28-Sep-2004, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,313 Gold!

Wow, that does sound like a great time! And I am envious of your clan tent experience. My hope is that someday I'd like to run a clan tent as I am not aware of any Clan MacArthur tents up in the Northeast - mainly down South.

Wish I could of made it to the games, but was feeling under the weather all weekend.

Glad to hear it was a good time and good music! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
jbyrnes 
Posted: 04-Oct-2004, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (cscunningham @ 28-Sep-2004, 07:30 PM)
What a great weekend was had by those who attend the NH Highland Games.  The weather was great, the music outstanding, got introduced to a number of new groups like the Glengarry Bhoys, the Searsons, and Hadrian's Wall. Took in two performances of Clann an Drumma.  The massed bands at the Opening Ceremonies were just out standing. 

The highlight of this years came for me when I carried the Cunningham tartan onto the Parade Ground for the Roll Call of the Clans.  This was the first time to my knowledge that Clan Cunningham answered present during the roll call of the clans.  And if I have anything to do with it will only be the beginning. 

This was the first time I had ever hosted a Clan Tent and the experience was great.  I had an opportunity to meet kinsman from all around New England. 

Even with 3-days I still was not able to taken all that I wanted to, oh well I guess there is next year.

Great to see that another member made to NH! I was thrilled to have had the chance to see the Weavers for the first time. Their piper was spectacular...couldn't have expected anything less from such an amazing group of musicians.

The piping and drumming groups were also amazing.

Next year I'll be sure to stop by the Cunningham tent to say "hello".

--------------------
Jessica Byrnes
Sovereignty Records
PO Box 762
Bernardston, MA 01337
USA
[email protected]
www.sovereigntyrecords.com
www.tommybyrnes.com
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]