Mail Error!

SMTP protocol failure!
Host: mail.speakeasy.net
Return Code: 555
Return Msg: 555 syntax error (#5.5.4)
Invision Power Board Error:
Check your SMTP settings from the admin control panel

But it still gets posted.

No worries on the down time, I just switched over to my small collection of Celtic music on iTunes. It's a temporary fix, but it smooths out the withdrawals.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 18-May-2006, 05:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,098 Gold!

Sorry, issues persist but we are working on resolving.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 18-May-2006, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (Macfive @ 18-May-2006, 07:05 AM)
Sorry, issues persist but we are working on resolving.

Macfive, construction.gif

We have a saying here in Florida: construction.gif "When you're up to your butt in alligators, it's hard to remember your MAIN objective was to drain the SWAMP." construction.gif

Just keep plugging away and know that we still love you wub.gif (even if we gripe and complain).

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 18-May-2006, 11:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (stevenpd @ 17-May-2006, 10:11 PM)
When I try to respond to a thread I receive the following:

Mail Error!

SMTP protocol failure!
Host: mail.speakeasy.net
Return Code: 555
Return Msg: 555 syntax error (#5.5.4)
Invision Power Board Error:
Check your SMTP settings from the admin control panel

But it still gets posted.

No worries on the down time, I just switched over to my small collection of Celtic music on iTunes. It's a temporary fix, but it smooths out the withdrawals.

Same here for quite a while. Since I realised that my answer is being posted though and I have found a way NOT to post twice or threefold biggrin.gif and how to get back to the thread though it's not a problem.... we know you are working hard, Paul; so no complaints here; well maybe a wee bit of lovingly grumbling.... wink.gif . But as MacE said...we love you though! smile.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 18-May-2006, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,098 Gold!

Ok everybody, I have some good news!

The problems with the website and broadcast will be resolving. Over the past 3 days we have been up and down many times. The good news is that we believe that our internet connection is now stable and we should start experiencing more consistent service starting now.

Most of the problems have been related to trying to get our telephone hooked up to the internet (Voice Over IP). Well, that was just the past few days - before that it was related to a whole bunch of changes to our network, our web server and a new data line to CelticRadio.net.

Last night we discovered that we did not have enough bandwidth to support Voice Over IP - so we have doubled our bandwidth and this will also help run our site faster. In fact, with this new technology we can keep increasing our bandwidth as our site grows. So there are alot of hidden benefits with all of the changes. I know it does not appear that much has changed visually with our site, but what is running it behind the scenes is now a whole lot better!

Keep on reporting issues with the site. Just to let you know we are running from the old server and we will be switching back to the new server so the issues brought up are still not resolved and will not be until a few weeks.

Thanks for everyones kind words and support!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Elspeth 
Posted: 19-May-2006, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Just to let you know the Java Applet won't connect to give me access to my webpage. It was working on Wednesday for a while, but wasn't yesterday and today. Is this something that will be back when the new server is up and running?

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
cwa92464 
Posted: 20-May-2006, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: South Carolina

male

Crazy airline-like audible message droning instead of music... AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

--------------------
“I have faith and belief myself. I believe that the universe is comprehensible within the bounds of natural law and that the human brain can discover those natural laws and comprehend the universe. I believe that nothing beyond those natural laws is needed. I have no evidence for this. It is simply what I have faith in and what I believe.”
- - - Isaac Asimov
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Senara 
Posted: 23-May-2006, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

Anyone else experience slow load times on the web pages? Only need one reply. Just wanna make sure it's not my machine. I'm thinking Macfive is tweaking the servers again so will let him do what he needs too rather than fill the thread with the slow turnover lines again. Thanks much.

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
Senara 
Posted: 23-May-2006, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

Nevermind...things have cleared up.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 23-May-2006, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,098 Gold!

I'll be going through the messages and responding over the next few days. Been pretty much away from the studio since last week. We are about to finish up on the last bit of hardware/server work over the next few days.

Our plan is to announce the contest winners this weekend for the April contests and also get our newsletter out the door!
CelticRadio 
Posted: 24-May-2006, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,098 Gold!

Ok now! We will try this again, but I am feeling very confident that we have all of the major issues fixed with the new server. I believe I posted earlier about an alusive bug that has been solved. This was a major issue that was finally traced back to the database server and the issue has been resolved!!!! smile.gif

We are now running from the new server, so again I must ask if anything weird pops up to post it here. Some adjustments have been made to reduce traffic to our servers, but we are not expecting any problems. Still, keep an eye for anything strange.

Its been a very tough month with all of the behind the scene technology changes, but I finally feel like the storm clouds are clearing and we can once again start to progress forward.

With our new internet provider and new hardware (both connections and servers), I think you will note better response times when accessing our site.

We will proceed with the April Contest Winners this weekend. Good things will be happening soon! thumbs_up.gif
CelticRadio 
Posted: 25-May-2006, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,098 Gold!

Good news. We have completely moved over all services to the new webserver!

As of 10:07 the Ol' Faithful CelticRadio.net webserver was shutdown. After 4 years of service to us all it certainly deserves a rest. It will continue to serve us as a reliable and proven backup system.

I know you are all probably tired of the "service unavailable" messages and 404 errors when accessing our site. I am certainly tired of giving endless updates to where we stand with the new server! For the most part everything is completed and done with the exception of a few minor items. Most if not all of the bugs have been fixed and we are now ready to continue our regular business.

Long Live Celtic Radio! biggrin.gif thumbs_up.gif
CelticRadio 
Posted: 26-May-2006, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,098 Gold!

The "now playing" banners are once again working. I think someone posted a message about this either in this thread or another.

Aaediwen is restoring the chat services and will be looking at any other issues tonight and tommorow.

We will be resuming our regular stuff tommorow. First order is April's contest results! smile.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]