MKOC19's Journal

Index -> Journal-> Invisibility

Journal Entry

Add Entry   

Invisibility
Posted by MKOC19 on May 9th, 2005 7:06 PM
Today was just another one of those days. I did not sleep well last night. I think it was partly because of the storm partly by the trains that kept going through town and a few other things. I havent gotten a really good night sleep in a while and that kind of makes me sad. My piano final went a lot better than I expected it. So, I was pretty happy about that. Usually I am really nervous about playing for others especially my professors, but I was so how able to zone them out which is a big first for me.

For one of my finals I have to write a paper about a current event and than tell how it relates back to the class and relate it to the readings. On our last class we had to write one last reflection on the last book that we read, An Anthropologist on Mars by Oliver Sacks. In the reflection I kind of addressed the current event that I am going to write about and basically she wrote on my reflection that she does not agree with my analysis and my opionion and saying that I am wrong. This is a philosophy class and we are supposed to think about different topics and talk about different opionions. What is bugging me is that I know that she does not agree with what I have to say so I know that it is going to effect my grade. It doesnt matter what facts I have or what quotes from credible sources I have it will still not be good enough because it differs from how she sees it. On my first paper for her I thought I did a good job and she just tore my paper apart. She basically said that my quotes were not correct and that what I was saying was wrong. So right now I am debating on whether to use my current event or not. I just cant think of what other event I would use. ARGH. Ok enough of my venting on that subject.

Ever have the feeling that you are in a crowded room you and your thoughts and comments are completely invisible or non-existant? Today that is how I am feeling. Just one of those days. sad.gif

Hope everyone is having a better day than I am. bye1.gif

Please post your comments below.

Add Entry   

Closed Minds :P
Posted by Aaediwen on May 10th, 2005 5:56 PM
A philosophy teacher with a closed mind? Something about that just seems wrong. She may not agree with it, but that doesn't give her the right to disrespect your views. I surely hope there was more to it than just her letting her own opinions effect her judgement. Sometimes, complete hogwash turns out to be the right answer. We all have a right not to agree with each other, but say why you don't agree, and perhaps leave the topic open for duscussion. But don't destroy someone or their work because you don't agree with it.

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!