Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Who Are Your Heroes?, Who has influenced you ?
robert553 
  Posted: 04-Apr-2007, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Nixon, Texas

male

My ancestors are among my favorite heroes. The Crawfords of Scotland were a strong noble lineage with many worthwhile heroes. Among them was the legendary William Wallace. After family research was done, I grew up listening to Dad read all about my ancestors. I was fiercly proud of them and patterned my life after them--faithful, courteous, noble, strong willed, outspoken... Everyone needs heroes to look up to. Who is your heroe?
PMEmail Poster               
mydogisaleprechaun 
Posted: 06-Apr-2007, 02:16 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

Realm: sunny southern california!

female

my mother is still my biggest hero! She's intelligent, strong, loving, and very witty! She's just one of those rare, kindhearted people with a sort of glow about her. She raised me pretty much by herself, my father died when i was 7, and would do anything for our family! My mom is my hero...i'm a total momma's boy - except that i'm a girl...momma's girl - does that work? Anyhoo - my mom rocks the casbah!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
jesstuss 
Posted: 11-Apr-2007, 09:14 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

Realm: New England

female

My hero is an auntie who lost her family in a house fire. Yes, sounds odd, I know. But instead of giving in to all the depression that (I) would feel at getting out of a burning house only to know (my) two children and pets were inside (and then becoming injured in trying to go back in), she has used her faith to become an inspiration to others.

It has been a long time since she has had to rebuild her life, with everything (in my eyes) lost. But she is in a helping profession, active in her community, and forthright about what happened, not hiding it, but using that energy to spurn her forward. I could write a book on her good deeds, but suffice it to say, she's getting married again and helping raise his children.

For her spiritual and emotional strength alone, she is inspiring. For all that she has brought to other's lives since then, she's my absolute hero.

--------------------
We begin where our ancestors end...but wherefore go our children?
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
pflanary 
Posted: 18-Jun-2007, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Southwest VA (Lee Co.

female

My sainted mother--she aways has been but when she died, I realized from listening to others that there was even more good to her than I knew.

--------------------
God then made man. The Italians for their beauty. The French for their cuisine. The Welsh for their voices. The Germans for their cars. And on and on until He looked at what He had created and said, "This is all very well, but no-one is having fun. I'll have to make an Irishman."
PMEmail Poster               
Donajhi 
Posted: 18-Jun-2007, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

My son is my hero. He was aboard the USS Kiska. Six years Navy.
Was in Desert Storm, injured and had to muster out. I have a t-shirt
that says: My Hero, My Solider, My Son

Royal02.gif

--------------------
CHECK MY SITE: BEYOND THE VEIL http://www.gmadventures.com

"I DID NOT, IT WAS THE FAIRY FOLK!"

Scottish by the grace of God

Fairy Day countdown banner

DIOGENES HAS PASSED ME THE LANTERN, STILL LOOKING.....
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 18-Jun-2007, 03:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

My parents. The way they put up with the grief I gave them when I was a teenager has taught me to be much more tolerant of others.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
ballydun 
Posted: 19-Jun-2007, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

I'm going to go with my parents as well. My Mom has endured so many health issues and has not ever given up. She takes in family members when she needs to without even thinking about it. She is so much stronger than I knew, as I have realized since my Dad's death.
My Dad tought me so many valuable lessons that I never even knew about until I became an adult, married and had children.
I hope I can be at least half the kind of people that my parents are (were).
GOD BLESS THEM!!!

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
TandVh 
Posted: 22-Jun-2007, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The countryside around Exeter, California

male

My heroes have gone through changes as I grew. I remember Alley Oop (the cartoon caveman) was my heroe when I was little. My dad didn't talk to me much and Alley Oop looked like my dad so I thought the things he did in the comic strip were pretty cool. As I grew older, superman became my hero, then President Jonh F. Kennedy, then Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, and Willie Nelson. After that, I floundered in a void of no heroes untill I discovered Jesus was quite heroic. Wow- man- God put us on this grand adventure and then he provided his Son to solidify our destiny as immortal souls!

He even allowed Jesus to have a sidekick- the holy spirit! Anyway, now that I have my sites set on absolute thruth - that is the truth of selfless love, I am hard pressed to find another heroe that's better.
Although Popeye and the Astronauts still rank mighty high in my book!

--------------------
TandVh
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
JaneyMae 
Posted: 25-Jun-2007, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

Hmm let me see - my mom is my hero because she fought such a couragous battle against ALS (she had Binswanger's Disease); my neice (she's just 32) is my hero because she is fighting a tremendous battle against breast cancer & just had a mastectomy; my husband is my hero because he has taken such good care of me this year while I've been ill; John Wayne is my hero cuz he's, well, John Wayne; and of course the Lord is my hero because I give up all my troubles and have them handled.

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 26-Jun-2007, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

I agree, my parents are my heroes as well. They are courageous, generous, informative, everything. I look up to them and am thankful for them everyday!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 11-Apr-2008, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

Too many to name. But one that comes to mind often is my mentor Joseph Edward Morris of the Clan Crawford. he taught me a lot and mostly that it is okay to hold to values many think outdated. I miss ye Doc.

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Sir. Raibeart Paris, OGU
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 11-Apr-2008, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

My parents to whom I will be most grateful all my life for choosing me as their daughter.
And of course my husband for being there in my darkest moments and trying is very best to fill the empty holes of my soul by loving me the way I am. inlove.gif LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 11-Apr-2008, 09:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

When I was young it was the comic heros-mostly Superman or Captain Marvel. Then it was the Rock stars-mostly Kiss and Alice Cooper. Then my biggest hero Jesus but if I had to go with someone in more earthly form I would have to pick Keith Green, Father Stan Fortuna from New York or Father Jozo Zovko from Medjugorje.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
scotborn 
Posted: 13-Apr-2008, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacRowan

male

my hero is richard dawkins, I am an atheist and lucky to live in a country where we lack fundementalist organisation such as pentacostalism and evangelism.

--------------------
"You cannot be both sane and well educated and disbelieve in evolution. The evidence is so strong that any sane, educated person has got to believe in evolution."
-- Richard Dawkins,

"What the f*ck was that" - Mayor of hiroshima 1945
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 13-Apr-2008, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

If I may get maudlin and boastful, My Father, Corporal David Campbell, 48th Royal Tank Regiment, Royal Armour Corps, 8th Army. Who fought all across North Africa and into Italy where he died of his wounds 15 May 1944. A True Highland Warrior.

Camac.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]