DesertRose 
Posted: 22-Nov-2007, 12:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

gwenlee! As you know, my mother was born and raised in GA. I lived there myself for 14 years! I grew up with southeren food and there is nothing better than good ole southern dishes, in my not so humble opinion! wink.gif

I just got through cooking corn bread dressing and sweet potato souflee! Hope all the westerners like it. biggrin.gif

No way am I planning to shop the day after Thanksgiving. Never have and hope to never! I just don't like crowds of people!

We are having warmer weather than usual. Supposed to greatly cool down this weekend though.

Happy Thanksgiving!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Nov-2007, 12:48 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Evening folks. Sounds like everyone has been really busy. I got my pies made today so one more to make tomorrow. Then let the day begin.

gwelee, I am enjoying it but I don't like to drive on it. And it seem once its here the roads are iced forever. And yeah the people with 4x4's go fast and that doesn't help on ice, may be out of a snowdrift. I bet you do miss it though. Its alwasys good to hear from ya.

Well Howdy Celtic Rose, it's been awhile it sounds like you have been through ups and downs. Quite the miracle. Thats just wonderful. Hey its good to hear from you keep in touch,

Got to hit the hay ar a decent hour. I am wondering hoe these people wanting Albannach to win after getting one account making me wonder after who thy cheated last time. So may be but it isn't look that wayI sure doesnt give the other bands a chance they could be nominating twice so gess we could doll What do dyou think? Well best let you I just thought I wonder if she noticed it itn tne Celtic music song /Album of the year. I will protect this place will I'll am am capable f...Take care have a fanstastic TurkeyDay..
Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
MacMutt 
Posted: 23-Nov-2007, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

female

Im sorry RIndy...did you just accuse the Albannach fans of cheating?
PMEmail Poster               
Celeste_of_the_stars 
  Posted: 23-Nov-2007, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Parker, CO

female

Hello all. Just thought I'd stop by and see how everyones Turkey day went.
Ours was pretty quiet. It was just my daughter, her boyfriend and I.
My husband has been over seas since the beginning of last month, but he's coming home next Thursday!!!! clap.gif w00t1.gif I can't wait I miss him like crazy. This is the longest we've ever been apart from each other and I'm dying!!! The only thing thats kept me sane is having my kid here. She is actually my oldest step daughter. She's 17 and moved in with us this summer. She's AMAZING!!! When Allan gets home we're putting in paperwork for me to adopt her. I can't wait!
Well i guess thats about it for today. Hope you all had a great thanksgiving and a better christmas

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Celeste
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
DebFex7 
Posted: 23-Nov-2007, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Nashua, NH

female

QUOTE (Rindy @ 22-Nov-2007, 12:48 AM)
I am wondering hoe these people wanting Albannach to win after getting one account making me wonder after who thy cheated last time. So may be but it isn't look that wayI sure doesnt give the other bands a chance they could be nominating twice so gess we could doll What do dyou think? Well best let you I just thought I wonder if she noticed it itn tne Celtic music song /Album of the year. I will protect this place will I'll am am capable f...Take care have a fanstastic TurkeyDay..
Slainte

I couldn't really understand all you were saying, but it seems like you are concerned that there might be some folks voting the Chicago way... early and often. Of course I can't speak for others, but I know I have but one account on here -believe me, I don't have time in my busy life to be setting up multiple message board accounts for purposes of rigging an internet contest- and knowing what I know of the other Albannach fans, they don't either. As good as Albannach is, they really don't need anyone "stuffing the ballot box" for them, so to speak.

Frankly, I'm rather surprised that thought would even cross someone's mind. But hey, it takes all kinds. walkman.gif

Peace!
PMEmail Poster               
ballydun 
Posted: 24-Nov-2007, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

I really need to check in more often! I have missed everyone and have been thinking about you all!

Things are getting busy now around the shop so I don't have as much play time at work as I used to.

So many new people here! I can't believe how much this site has grown just since I've been here. AWESOME!!

Hope everyone had a great and safe holiday, gearing up for the next one now. Has anyone begun Christmas shopping yet? I have a couple of things for my girls, but beyond that I'll probably wait until the week before as usual. I wish I wasn't like that tongue.gif

Anyway, I'm going to check out the rest of the boards and see what all I've missed!
If anything important has happend...please fill me in!

Cheers and God Bless you all!

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 25-Nov-2007, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Christmas pics of the grandaughter off my daughters myspace

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...albumId=1232544

She getting big,sassy, and now won't shut up at all

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 25-Nov-2007, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

I hope everyone had a good holiday and you got home safe. I had a great Thanksgiving. I ate too much and I feel it.

CR this is the first year I didn't have cornbread dressing, We had bread dressing with apples in it. We also had pecan pie from Cracker Barrel. It was very good.

Rindy I looked at the song of the year nomination and I understood what you were saying. I don't think you were accusing anyone of anything. I think they thought that the more of them nominating Albannach the more likely Albannach would win.
But it looks as though that misunderstanding got straightened out.

I avoided the holiday shopping rush. I spent my energy on better things. I have shopping to do but I'll do it at a later time.

For those of you who went shopping I hope you take some time today and rest your feet and listen to some fantastic music on CR.

Gwenlee

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Senara 
Posted: 26-Nov-2007, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

Hey there everyone. So sorry I haven't been around for a while. Life has kept me hopping. Let's see...what's new with me. I'm really happy that I'm about 25lbs lighter since St. Pat's Day...it's been a struggle and there's a long ways to go...but I'm doing well there and just going to take a while. Can find me on sparkpeople.com if you want to follow my progress.

Other things...well, been very busy with work. Mandatory 50hr weeks will do that to ye. If I slip into a piratical voice I appologize. Got myself hooked on playing Puzzle Pirates. Lots of great fun, and they have their own pirate webradio stations as well. Lots of fun to listen and play at the same time. Though I always come back to CR!

IrishFest 2007 was great fun, the massed bagpipes at the Wisconsin Highland games blew me away, but nothing will come to match haning out with The Elders before, during, and after thieir performance here in Milwaukee this past October. Spent a couple hours drinking pints with the boys and just having a jolly good time. How I wish you all could have been there!

Today is one of my few rare days off. So I'm going to go check out the rest of the threads and see what I've missed while the dishes soak a bit longer. I've missed you all and hope that all is well with you and your families.

hug.gif

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chir drn a thoirt an aghaidh pig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is cel.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 26-Nov-2007, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

Another Georgia girl checking in, to say hi y'all! I'm at my dad's where his DSL makes posting a breeze. At home with a 26 Kbps speed (yes, you read it right. no, I can't do jack squat with a speed that slow!)

Listen, let me ask y'all something: is anyone familiar with a thing called an 'air card' that lets you get on the internet via your cell phone? My hubby says he's heard that there's a way to connect the home computer to the Internet using the cell phone and an air car... he's at a Sprint store right now checking on it.

I was looking into Earthlink today, turns out we can get it and a satellite Internet connection way out in the country where we live. But it ain't cheap, and if its not going to improve my speed by a LOT I won't fool with it.
Anybody got any experience with either of these, the air card or Earthlink, to share with me?

Siobhan

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 26-Nov-2007, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (DebFex7 @ 23-Nov-2007, 08:32 PM)
I couldn't really understand all you were saying, but it seems like you are concerned that there might be some folks voting the Chicago way... early and often. Of course I can't speak for others, but I know I have but one account on here -believe me, I don't have time in my busy life to be setting up multiple message board accounts for purposes of rigging an internet contest- and knowing what I know of the other Albannach fans, they don't either. As good as Albannach is, they really don't need anyone "stuffing the ballot box" for them, so to speak.

Frankly, I'm rather surprised that thought would even cross someone's mind. But hey, it takes all kinds. walkman.gif

Peace!

I did it and I'm darn proud of it biggrin.gif tongue.gif angel_not.gif !

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 26-Nov-2007, 10:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Yippee!! Pump up the volume on the celtic rock lads and lassies cuz my research papers are finally done! Three weeks of typing, then working, then babysitting, then more typing are finally done. I'll send them off tomorrow and then its just a master's theisis to do and I graduate! Hopefully I can make it to the ceremony in New Orleans which would be so cool to do. But I get to get caught up on my movie atching and my music stuff.

Serana-Hanging with the Elders must have been a blast. I keep wanting to hit the hotels and pubs where most of the bands go after Irishfest but i haven't had the chance yet. I did get to hang around and party with Stone Ring and the Steel bonnets after our Ren faire. The neighbors will never forgive us for drinking and playing bagpipes at 2:30 in the morning. But we are rennies and that's just what we do.

Siobhan my coworkers has a DSL hookup and it works pretty well for him. He a little bit computer savvy. I'll try to remember to ask him tomorrow who he goes through.

In other news-the puppy has found his voice.
PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 26-Nov-2007, 11:00 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Hurrah Robert! I'm so glad that you finished the work...what a relief that must be..now you can sit back and take a breath before the next hurdle. when is the ceremony in New Orleans? Have you named the puppy yet?
Cookie Mans Wife 
Posted: 26-Nov-2007, 11:16 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHolly

female

I've only posted in here to chat with my mom when I can't catch her in the games, so I'm kind of new....

I hope that everyone's holidays went well and that all are in good health.

I kind of need some advice...I really don't know what to do and I'm too irritated to want to think of the possibilities....

Anywho..I'm an hourly store manager for a McDonalds here in S. Illinois. I run the store, make the schedules, do the inventory/ordering, you name it, I do it, but at the hourly rate. Most store managers make salary but this McDonalds is in a Walmart and is V E R Y small so I guess there isn't a need for a salaried manager there. ANYWAY... my supervisor comes in today and tells me that I'm getting transferred....I said O K??? Why??? He says and I quote "you're getting further along in your pregnancy so we're going to pull someone else in here to take care of the store" (I was officially 3 months along last Saturday) I asked him what I did wrong seeing as I have had exemplary service and no write ups or suspensions... he says nothing. Am I being discriminated against because I'm pregnant or are they just using that as an excuse? He claims I'm doing a good job, but why the change? Why won't he answer my questions....? I know to some McDonalds isn't the best job in the world but for me it's MY job for now and I'm afraid that if I'm losing positions in stores based on my pregnancy, who's to say that I won't be reduced to a crew person again the further along I get???

I know it's kind of long and such but maybe one or some of you might be able to shed some light... Thanks for all of your help....!!!!
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 27-Nov-2007, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey everyone. I am off today but I had to take my daughter with Multiple Sclerosis to the doctor, she had a relapse. She has to have a 3 day round of steroids. So I'm just hanging around until she gets off. I brought my computer with the wireless service so I can play around on the computer.

Cookie mans wife, if I were you I would check with your district manager about your transfer. Unless you are not able to preform your duties you shouldn't be changed.

SiobhanBlue-glad to see you. I have a lap top with a phone card. I guess that is what it is called, mine is with Cingular and my friend has her with T-mobile. You may want to check with one of the cell phone providers. I have great speed and reception.

I feel for all of you getting snow. I thought it would be nice if we could get some in Georgia. That way we could get the water we need and have some fun too.

Robert I know you are glad you are done. I have a son in college and he can't wait for this semester to be over and my daughter that is in grad school just finished her first semester. She is a chemist and wants to teach high school chemistry. When she is done she will have a masters in chemistry with a teaching license.

lenieww-have you heard anything about your test? How are you feeling?

Well I'll be hanging around today.

TTFN

Gwenlee
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt