Posted: 21-Jan-2005, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

Oh hey, got the company to buy a nifty little TDS and a new little pH meter. Now I don't have to lug my specimens all back to the lab to check em out. Oh yeah, and a nifty little deionizer cartridge that is working like a champ.

Cool huh. Sorta like Christmas.

Leo cool.gif

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 24-Jan-2005, 06:52 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

I am enjoying the news (unbiased with NOTHING to hide) at www.nakednews.com. tongue.gif
Note: this is NOT for minors or men with a heart condition. It IS a legitimate news "broad"cast.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
Aragorn 
Posted: 24-Jan-2005, 10:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Middle Earth

male

Hmm, I think I will try this link at home. I watch the news about twice a week because I have to. I really don't like the new any more, they try to over glorify things to increase ratings. Just dumb if you ask me.

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
--Robert Louis Stevenson
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 24-Jan-2005, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

So it will be Patriots and Eagles. I don't know about anyone else, but I was sort of disappointed in the playoffs this year. It just seemed that there were no real slugfests where both teams played like there was no tomorrow. It seemed to me that the Steelers just sort of showed up and while they played Ok, that was all it was. There was no desperation to throw it all in to win. I think that was best exemplified by the Pittsburgh's fourth quarter field goal, I mean after all, if you are losing what difference does it make to lose by three points less. I think they should have really put in the effort and made a final attempt at a touchdown. That would have gotten them within seven points of tying with the Patriots and at that point there was still plenty of time left in the game.

Well, there you have it, not monday morning, but monday afternoon.

Any bets on the Super Bowl?

Leo cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 04-Feb-2005, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Well, I am totally amazed by the number of sports fans here, nonethless I will continue although I think I may be the only one reading this thread anymore. biggrin.gif

First of all, Carnival starts tomorrow so that makes this Super Bowl sort of special, I don't know why but surely it must. Anyway, although I would like to see the Eagles wipe up the stadium with the Patriots, I just don't think that will happen. I hope the Eagles will win, but I won't be holding my breath.

Therefore, I predict the Patriots will win 36, Eagles 24. That will wrap up the year pretty well for Boston, sorry to say, but hey, it's only a game right?

Now that I have made my commitment, I feel better, odd isn't it? In that case, I am ready to see a Patriot victory.

Thanks for letting me work through that guys.

Leo cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 06-Feb-2005, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

No problemo Senor'!

How about that game?

at least it wasn't a run away the whole time

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 12-Feb-2005, 04:04 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

My only complaint with the Super Bowl is that didn't spend enough time with the cheerleaders! They're athletes, too, right? tongue.gif

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 12-Feb-2005, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (tsargent62 @ 12-Feb-2005, 04:04 PM)
My only complaint with the Super Bowl is that didn't spend enough time with the cheerleaders! They're athletes, too, right? tongue.gif

I did see a few honeys on both sidelines naughty.gif tongue.gif !

BTW, welcome back Todd!

I missed seeing Marvin the Martian on these boards!

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
tsargent62 
Posted: 15-Feb-2005, 04:06 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

Missed being here. I had to pop my head in just to make sure you... er... folks were behaving yourselves. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 15-Feb-2005, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Todd,

We've missed your peculiar viewpoint on things. Besides, what fun is it without a socknoggle hanging around. Just to celebrate I have dug up a "memory" from the past.

It was a lot of work, but I went way back in the archives and dug up this little snippet from the old socknoggle adventure series. Here it is:

<<

We were sitting, snuggling a little on the couch watching the last of the late night news. Myra had just taken a bath a little earlier with some kind of special smelly oil that made me want to climb inside her pajamas with her. This time was always special and this night seemed even calmer and more special then normal.

I was just getting ready to turn off the telly when we heard the odd 'mewling' sound outside the door. I glanced at Myra, then went to the door and opened it to see what was there. Just outside, standing about five inches tall and about the same length, it's double tail swishing slowly side to side stood an odd looking creature.

Myra moved up behind me and asked softly, "What is it Dirk?"

"It looks like one of those socknoggles Myra."

"I thought they were supposed to be dangerous." she said.

"Thats what they say, if anyone sees one they are to notify the authorities at once." I responded. "Why don't you go give the sherrif a call, I'll just keep an eye on him."

No one knew much about these strange creatures, they had just appeared a few weeks earlier. No one knew where they came from or anything and most thought seemed to indicate they were some sort of extraterrestrial life form. As I watched the little creature I was overcome with how cute it looked. I was trying to get a good look into it's little face when I sort of dropped to one knee and steadied myself with one hand on the ground. In less then a second the little creature had sprang into action and jumped for my hand. I couldn't get it back fast enough and it's razor sharp teeth closed over my right forefinger. I screamed for Myra, and stumbled back into the house. The little bugger hung on and I could hear the sound of his teeth grate on the bone in my finger. The pain was intense and blood was everywhere.

Myra ran back into the living room and her eyes were wide and frightened as she took in the situation. Then suddenly the front of the house was bathed in an orange glow and despite everything I had to glance out to see what was going on.

Fully twenty feet tall, the adult socknoggle was visible, backlighted by the flames coming from my new pick up truck which was now burning brightly in the driveway. No one had ever mentioned that they grew that tall and breathed fire. It looked like mama socknoggle had come for junior. I was beginning to get worried.

<<

Leo cool.gif

PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 18-Feb-2005, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

An amazing story in this weeks WWN.

WORLD-SHAKING DISCOVERY... UFO FOUND ON BEACH AFTER KILLER TSUNAMI

Complete with human survivor.....

| The source tells WWN that the drowned corpses of two space alien astronauts were found in the saucer-shaped craft's cockpit. Even more incredible, a human abductee -- a Missoula, Mont., woman missing since October 31 -- was found strapped to an examination table in a water-tight chamber. The source says she was naked, babbling incoherently and was possibly a guinea pig for ghoulish experiments |

gotta be true, after all, it's on the internet

Leo cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 18-Feb-2005, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

tongue.gif WHOA Wait a minute, I didn't click over to the home page until after I had seen that article, this weeks edition is particularily good. Check out these headlines:

BABE IS SLEEPING HER WAY ACROSS AMERICA -- TO BOOST NATIONAL UNITY

Bodacious blonde bombshell Bekki Venderson has embarked on a 2,824-mile hike across the United States -- vowing to have sex in homes and businesses she encounters along the way!

The idealistic hottie came up with the idea after reading about a nun who juggled her way across America to prove her faith.

"I didn't have the skill to do that," says Bekki. "I racked my brain for something I had the talent to do -- and God gave me the answer."

Or this one:

SHOCKING REAL REASON HILLARY COLLAPSED . . . TIGHT THONG CUT OFF BLOOD SUPPLY!

There are more, the home page can be found HERE.

Don't miss the lead:
FAT GAL SMUGGLES ILLEGAL ALIENS INTO U.S. - UNDER HER MUUMUU!

Leo cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 18-Feb-2005, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Ok, gonna link directly to this one, to good to miss.

WHAT WOMEN REALLY WANT IN A MAN... PERIOD

biggrin.gif Leo
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 18-Feb-2005, 04:41 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

lol.gif

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
erickbloodax 
Posted: 19-Feb-2005, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Arizona

male

Women say they want a man who will cry at the movies. Well who hasn't shed a tear when Chamberlain orders the bayonet charge from Little Round Top? crybaby.gif

--------------------
If you don't come back muddy and bloody, you didn't have a good time.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]