Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,433 Gold!

QUOTE (piobmhorpiper @ 15-Jan-2009, 07:15 PM)
With all that is on CR's plate I'm surprised that everthing is runnind as smooth as it is. You people have many large projects underway as well as keeping the equipment from blowing up. Cudo's to all invoved I think you guys rock! I am enjoying playing Medievil Kingdom. Althought it is basically a numbers game it is more exciting than some of my PC games. The player interaction between clan members, allies and enemies is more interesting and less predictable than anything I have yet to experience. Thanks Paul & co for creating this fantasy land for us to enjoy! thumbsup.gif

It will get better - thats a promise! Again, hoping by February we will start working on the Kingdom again. I have to ask for everyones patients on this as I know its been a while since we did any work. I hope by February we will have the auction system ready and the website working better.

Eventually we will port this to a graphical game, but that is probably a few years off! thumbs_up.gif

Thanks again for the kind comments!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 17-Feb-2009, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,433 Gold!

Ok, I know we have had many false starts with further developing Medieval Kingdom. Goods news is we completed work on the new Founder Control Panel which was taking preference over development of MK.

We hope my next week you will start to see some changes, upgrades and enhancements!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
valpal59 
Posted: 18-Feb-2009, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

We appreciate all of the hard work that you do.

Thank you,
Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 20-Feb-2009, 04:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (CelticRadio @ 17-Feb-2009, 09:27 PM)
Ok, I know we have had many false starts with further developing Medieval Kingdom. Goods news is we completed work on the new Founder Control Panel which was taking preference over development of MK.

We hope my next week you will start to see some changes, upgrades and enhancements!

Thanks Paul,

Can't wait to see the enhancements and all....it should be fun!!!

Thanks for the update. thumbs_up.gif

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 07-Mar-2009, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,433 Gold!

Unfortunately, the development time table has been pushed ahead much further. Due to some health issues and some other projects that we are working on this month.

I know this has been pushed back many times, but we are now looking at April/May for the resumption of medieval kingdom development.

In addition, it is HIGHLY likely that once we complete the final stages of enhancements and changes the game will be RESET. Which means that everyone will start out at 0 GOLD and Resources. This might even be a yearly event in the future just to keep things even.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 07-Mar-2009, 10:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (CelticRadio @ 07-Mar-2009, 08:54 PM)
Unfortunately, the development time table has been pushed ahead much further. Due to some health issues and some other projects that we are working on this month.

I know this has been pushed back many times, but we are now looking at April/May for the resumption of medieval kingdom development.

In addition, it is HIGHLY likely that once we complete the final stages of enhancements and changes the game will be RESET. Which means that everyone will start out at 0 GOLD and Resources. This might even be a yearly event in the future just to keep things even.

This is unfortunate.

As far as the yearly reset goes I think it not fair especially for the reason to "make things even"...no frankly I don't think it fair at all.

A game is a game and especially a game where you have to build up and take so much time in doing only to restart at zero all the time...this is not real...with all due respect to your work and all...what's the use in doing all of this then???

I can understand a reset once everything is finish but to repeat the exercize once a year...I don't approve.

I don't find this interesting anymore.

Sorry...my opinion.

Lady of Avalon
Harlot 
Posted: 07-Mar-2009, 11:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Oh Please don't do that !!!! We all work so hard to get where we are and the thought of starting all over again does not set well with me either. thumbs_down.gif thumbs_down.gif thumbs_down.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
valpal59 
Posted: 08-Mar-2009, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I agree with Lady of Avalon and Harlot. It has taken me a long time to get where I am at. I understand that it may have to be reset after the development and I would play again after that reset. If it is going to be reset yearly, I am not sure if I would play again. That is a lot of hard work down the tubes. As far as "keeping things even", it is not fair that those who are willing to put in the effort to play the game should lose everything because someone else can not or will not put in the same effort. IMHO

Val
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
piobmhorpiper 
  Posted: 08-Mar-2009, 11:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Ontario Canada

male

I would have to agree with al the others so far on this. A reset once the beta form is completed is quite acceptable, but a yearly reset I cannot see as being a wise decision to encourage game play. The length of time it takes to create resources and training gives little time to battle your way to the top and then suddenly lose all because of a reset.
If this becomes a yearly reset I wil not play be playing anymore.

--------------------
The Scots of course insist that the pipes produce music. But the point is after all not too important. For those who love them, the pipes can evoke more vividly than any other instrument, high emotion, they can inspire valor, and tell of tragic tales of battles long ago. They can call forth merriment or sentiment. It does not matter what the sound is called, those who are deaf to its merits would not understand anyway.
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
Dogshirt 
  Posted: 08-Mar-2009, 12:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

I will not continue after a reset! That is the same as taking my wages so some else can have the same as me. If they want it, work for it the same as the rest of us!!! pooh.gif thumbdown.gif pooh.gif thumbdown.gif

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
Harlot 
Posted: 08-Mar-2009, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Isn't it funny that just the ones who are really playing the game are the only ones who post. Why is that because we play,we take the time to build what we have. Then you have the players who just sit and collect the gold in hopes of the auction. If they would take a active role in building their resources and armies, play the battle game they would find that it is fun!! Too just collect your piles of GOLD,FOOD,WOOD too me would just get sooooooo boring.

So come on PEOPLE play the game that Paul set up for us and have some fun with it!!! Other wise it's just going to be a bunch of players collecting dust.

More of MY 2 cents worth
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 08-Mar-2009, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,427 Gold!

Paul, since the folks who have been commenting are from my clan, I thought I'd run the following idea by them first. So far, all the comments have been positive. Perhaps we could do this instead of yearly resets.

Since it seems that my fellow clan members are the only ones discussing the reset issue, let me run this idea past y'all first and if you think it will work, I'll post it in Paul's "Development Timetable".

The reason behind Paul's reset idea is to "even the playing field for every one" so that no person or group becomes too dominant. What if the same thing can be accomplished without a reset? In real life, there were plagues, earthquakes, famines, etc. What if every three or four months the computer randomly assigned a disaster.

It might affect only one kingdom or it might affect them all or somewhere in between. No one would ever know who would be affected or by how much. An earthquake might wipe out 50% of a kingdom's infrastructure, but not kill anyone. Surrounding kingdoms might lose 30& and those farther awauy 10% and those truly distant none. Or a plague might kill off 2/3 of workers and soldiers in all kingdoms. Starting on one end and taking a week to spread across the game. A fire might wipe out all crops so that farms would have to start over in one kingdom. The possibilities go on and the number of players affected might change randomly every time. The key to the success of this would be the random nature of the events.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
LadyOfAvalon 
  Posted: 09-Mar-2009, 05:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

That's a good idea CarolinaScotsman and as far as a person being too dominant over the game as well here is another suggestion, so to even things out and for those who wants a go at it now is the perfect time as the crown king.gif and the throne of CelticRadio is up for grab.

So do your best it's yours for the taking...have fun and for those who thirst for revenge as I'm sure there are some who'll be drooling at the idea wink.gif ...go ahead the doors of my castle are wide open.

This will even things out a bit for all concerned and there are some strong enough out there to bring me down anyhow.

Good luck to you all,

Lady of Avalon smile.gif
Taliesin 
Posted: 09-Mar-2009, 11:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Central Valley, California, USA

male

I am a new player to the game (last week), and I'd like to weigh in on the concept of yearly resets.

I've been playing Pen and Paper RPG's for quite a long time, and part of the draw of these games are the delayed gratification of working hard to build up a character and gain him wealth and renown in a world setting that he or she can actually affect in large ways. A complete reset (taking down to 0 in all ways) completely removes this element in an RPG, and I feel it'd do the same in the Medieval Kingdom game.

Others have expressed plague, famine, crop blights, etc. as potential "equalizers" that could be added to this game, and I quite enjoy the concept. It's a great way to add a random negative effect that may only affect a segment of the population.

I have GameMastered campaigns using a couple different game systems, and I would encourage the development team (Paul, lol) to find more in-game ways to equalize the playing field. In my RPG campaign, I have used character training, weapon and armor maintenance, etc. in order to drain players of some cash so they don't get too wealthy in too short a time.

Something akin to maintenance would be figuring out a way to have negative effects for actions. Having a large army or a large number of workers is excellent for a kingdom, but large numbers of people have a greater chance to breed illnesses, as well as they can eat a country to its bones in a short amount of time. Not having enough farms could up the chance of pestilence of plague. Sanitation of cities is something else to be considered. Who bears the cost of keeping the rat population down to avoid the plague, etc?

It comes down to how much the devs want us to micro-manage our kingdoms, but these things would affect the larger kingdoms far more than the small due to their very nature, and would help level things a little bit. That being said, if one wants a large, expansive kingdom, one must work at it. We can't eliminate that aspect of things, or I'm afraid the draw for this game would be lessened a great deal. More players might start out, but I'm afraid even fewer would stay as their work was all for nothing.

Another thing to emphasize is the clan aspect of the game, which fascinates me. If a new player finds themselves unduly smacked down, they might want to consider petitioning a clan for membership and protection. That, after all, was what caused the clan system to develop to begin with. smile.gif

Just my 2,048 cents. wink.gif

--------------------
-Taliesin

A Scotsman Abroad
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
jedibowers 
Posted: 09-Mar-2009, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Fishers, IN

male

I think a restart after the update would be fine. I will miss the progress that I made. Not sure about having a restart every year.
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]